POLL- Conferences: Where Do You Want to Go?

What's your preferred destination?

• Total voters
Who are the morons thinking we should stay in the ACC?

There are about to be two major conferences that are going to be getting massive amounts of money and blowing others out of the water. We’ll absolutely be second class citizens. It’s embarrassing anyone would actually want this for a proud brand like The University of Miami.

Advertisement
What makes you think that? You guys are just throwing things out there without any logic. The B1G and SEC have opposing strategies. The recent acquisition with USC and UCLA is nothing new. The B1G added Penn State, Rutgers, and Maryland. The SEC stayed in their footprint with Arkansas, Missouri, TAMU, and S Carolina. They are expanding adjacent to the footprint. They did so with Texas and Oklahoma as well.
They aren't just grabbing any school in a big market.
The Big 10 expanded first with Penn State which is the state immediately east of Ohio. Then, they expanded with Nebraska which is the state immediately west of Iowa. Finally, they went with Rutgers and Maryland whose states border Pennsylvania. They also expanded adjacent to their footprint.

So up until this week, they stayed within their footprint as well.

Who are the morons thinking we should stay in the ACC?

There are about to be two major conferences that are going to be getting massive amounts of money and blowing others out of the water. We’ll absolutely be second class citizens. It’s embarrassing anyone would actually want this for a proud brand like The University of Miami.
I was one of those morons. I've been so focused on the recruiting board, i didn't even even know about the USC/UCLA thing when I voted in this poll. I don't like either option, but it seems those are the only real 2 conferences that will continue to exist, so I've now changed my vote to SEC.

Advertisement
I was one of those morons. I've been so focused on the recruiting board, i didn't even even know about the USC/UCLA thing when I voted in this poll. I don't like either option, but it seems those are the only real 2 conferences that will continue to exist, so I've now changed my vote to SEC.
It kind sucks this is where CFB is headed, but I'm also happy to get out of the ACC which has been under paying us for years and part of why these other schools have so much more money for facilities and ****.

We're not a fit for either conference.

Geographically, the SEC makes more sense. Who wants to fly over or drive through a bunch of states to get to road games? Most of which would take one long *** day to drive, in some cases two.

Academically, the B1G makes more sense.

Neither makes sense and this is purely about money. The ACC is the best fit, academically, not really geographically, but if these big mergers all happen, monetarily it isn't a fit.

I'd rather find Bill and Ted or the Professor, hop in their phone booth or Delorean and get back to some past conference alignments. Since that's not possible, I truly don't care.

None of this is positive in my mind and I absolutely despise what's becoming of the sport in general. Tradition is being tossed to the wayside and battle lines are being drawn up for one thing and one thing only. Money
Every single UMiami fan living in South Florida has to fly to attend an away game unless it’s Florida (every 10 years or so) or F$U (every other year and oh joy…nothing like driving to Tally).

I’m in the Big 10 camp so my opinion is biased. However, I believe the weather argument while valid is overstated. We already play one or two cold-weather games every year. Pitt, BC, UNC, Duke, NC State, VT, and UVA can be (depending on timing) cold venues. Just about any place north of Tally gets cold during the winter. I attended the GT game a few years ago and it was freezing.

We will likely play 5 BIG 10 road games every year. It’s likely that 2 to 3 of those road games will be in late September and early to mid-October when the weather is ”refreshing” and not bitter cold. That leaves 2 to 3 potential cold matchups. Given that we already play 1 to 2 “cold games” every year, it’s not that big of a deal (easy for me to say as I’m not playing).

The weather is a small price to pay for a conference which is IMO a better fit and less likely to ***** us over in the future than the good ole’ boy networks found in the SEC and ACC.

Advertisement
It would be kind of funny if the SEC wanted UM, UNC, UVA, and ND, but intentionally left out Clemson and FSU because they don't give them any new TV markets.

Option 1- Force Notre Dame to full membership and add either a Pedo St, Baylor or Kentucky.
Option 2- first option fails, and look to broker a deal with SEC
Option 3- failure to 1 and 2, seek entry in B10 or whatever they will be called.

Miami is on the uprise. Committed to winning now, plus it’s a major TV market.
I like option 1, get ND and Baylor. 2 more private universities.

Every single UMiami fan living in South Florida has to fly to attend an away game unless it’s Florida (every 10 years or so) or F$U (every other year and oh joy…nothing like driving to Tally).

When I went to a lot of games, five or six a year, the majority of the people I knew and tailgates with had driven to the game. You've got a lot of schools in a comfortable days drive. That goes out the window with B1G games. So the idea rgag every fan in S. FL has to fly is flat out wrong.

Additionally, watch what happens to recruiting if we're in the B1G. You can kiss most of the SEC footprint guys goodbye. You don't go play in a conference where your games are all 15 hours or more away on the road.

USC is unique in that its in Cali and while people love to say Miami is a big destination, it isn't LA.

Any way you slice it, it's dumb as **** what college football is becoming conference wise. I'd bet almost any amount we won't be making a move to the B1G.

Remember something: we aren’t a sad sack team anymore.

Those motherf##kers from Iowa, Wisconsin or LA are going to have to fly to the Rock from time to time. The sellouts and the noise for the Ohio State Game? AYFKM?

Big Ten. This question answers itself.

Let the Criminoles join the Trailer Park Conference.

Advertisement
Wake would have beat us by 4 tds last year
Calm down. Wake wasn't that **** good, they couldn't blow out anyone, most of their games were very close. Solid, but odds are Miami would have been in a dogfight due to how mediocre Diaz and his staff were. TVD would have had a field day.

When I went to a lot of games, five or six a year, the majority of the people I knew and tailgates with had driven to the game. You've got a lot of schools in a comfortable days drive. That goes out the window with B1G games. So the idea rgag every fan in S. FL has to fly is flat out wrong.

Additionally, watch what happens to recruiting if we're in the B1G. You can kiss most of the SEC footprint guys goodbye. You don't go play in a conference where your games are all 15 hours or more away on the road.

USC is unique in that its in Cali and while people love to say Miami is a big destination, it isn't LA.

Any way you slice it, it's dumb as **** what college football is becoming conference wise. I'd bet almost any amount we won't be making a move to the B1G.
Every game we play is going to be a late afternoon or night marquee game. The eyeballs we’ll get as a B1G member are astronomical.

That said, you’re absolutely spot on about what’s happening to CFB.

I’m in the Big 10 camp so my opinion is biased. However, I believe the weather argument while valid is overstated. We already play one or two cold-weather games every year. Pitt, BC, UNC, Duke, NC State, VT, and UVA can be (depending on timing) cold venues. Just about any place north of Tally gets cold during the winter. I attended the GT game a few years ago and it was freezing.

We will likely play 5 BIG 10 road games every year. It’s likely that 2 to 3 of those road games will be in late September and early to mid-October when the weather is ”refreshing” and not bitter cold. That leaves 2 to 3 potential cold matchups. Given that we already play 1 to 2 “cold games” every year, it’s not that big of a deal (easy for me to say as I’m not playing).

The weather is a small price to pay for a conference which is IMO a better fit and less likely to ***** us over in the future than the good ole’ boy networks found in the SEC and ACC.
The only ACC school Miami regularly plays that has the cold of the Big 10 is Pitt and they play in November every other year. BC was played once every 12 years up there. With the new scheduling format, BC will be the every other year cold opponent and Pitt will be played once every 4 years up there.

Comparing Virginia and NC cold to Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, etc. cold is just apples and oranges really.

Advertisement
The only ACC school Miami regularly plays that has the cold of the Big 10 is Pitt and they play in November every other year. BC was played once every 12 years up there. With the new scheduling format, BC will be the every other year cold opponent and Pitt will be played once every 4 years up there.

Comparing Virginia and NC cold to Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, etc. cold is just apples and oranges really.
I agree there is “Carolina Cold” and there is “Norhtwestern by Lake Michigan Cold”, etc. But, we are talking about 2 to 3 cold road games per year. That beats dealing with the good ole’ boys down South.

Calm down. Wake wasn't that **** good, they couldn't blow out anyone, most of their games were very close. Solid, but odds are Miami would have been in a dogfight due to how mediocre Diaz and his staff were. TVD would have had a field day.
I know they weren’t that good
But manny was just that bad
Never forget fiu and duke losses in the same year

UF has 1 vote. They don't control ****.

ATM didn't want Texas, but voted for them anyway. Florida will do the same as they don'twant to look weak or scared. Acceptance does NOT require unanimous vote. The SEC bylaws require a 3/4th majority vote.

Miami is a gold mine for both the SEC, B1G, and ACC. The ACC has been sleeping on Miami. When Miami wins the ACC, the stick goes through the roof.

Like I said in other posts, Miami and FSU give the SEC the entire State of Florida in their footprint.
SEC already has a footprint into Florida and always have. Look at all the players they have gotten over the years. FSU and Clemson will be a take before us.

Advertisement
Back