POLL- Conferences: Where Do You Want to Go?

What's your preferred destination?

• Total voters
Since everyone is saying big 10 I'll say take a couple schools with us to the big 12 lol

Advertisement
If ND joins full time, then the conference can survive. If they bolt, or remains independent, the conference will die. IMO, It’s just too much money to be made in the BIG, for ND to wanna come and bring a BIG school with them. If the ACC can’t up their profile and put more money into football, it’s dead and we need to catch the 1st thing smokin… outta town. I vote for BIG.

Last edited:
Playing in the BIG 10 East would be the dream. Us playing against Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, and MSU yearly? Sign me up. Mario, BTW, has had success against BIG 10 teams -
28-27 W Vs. Wisconsin Rose Bowl
7-6 W Vs. MSU RedBox bowl
35-28 W Vs. Ohio State in their house

And we get to play UCLA and USC? OOOOO-WEEEEEE. Mario loves those west coast recruits too.

Last edited:
FSU and Clemson should go SEC, I think us and ND should go BIG. We could group up with Rutgers and Maryland and ND and another. I think more moves are coming. The ACC is dead. Yall dont know how terrible the contract is till 2036. Get the **** outa there ASAP. It will hurt us in recruiting if we don't

Advertisement
How is it going to be a problem? Is Texas going to enter competitions on how to make grits? Will there be a blind beer taste test of Natty Light vs Sierra Nevada? I'm so confused about all this stuff. Someone earlier posted about how our student body is made up more of northern kids, so we should join the Big 10. Could anything possibly be more irrelevant? People do understand that there's not an end of the school year dance where all these colleges join up in a big venue, right? This is about M-O-N-E-Y, and then to a lesser extent, competition. Which league do you want to play in? The SEC is the best one now, and they just added 2 schools with a ton of bread and long histories of success, albeit it's been a while for Texas.

But we gotta stop with the "fit" stuff. We don't "fit" in the ACC. You ever been to a Miami Hurricanes tailgate for a night game vs a Top 10 opponent? Now go to a 3:30 kick in Charlottesville when UVA plays Wake, and let me know the similarities.
Given that many of us see the perspective conference options differently than you do, and others are also clamoring to join the SEC, stopping with the “fit” stuff isn’t likely when talking SEC vs B1G. We are a better fit in the B1G. We may end up in the SEC - I don’t know - but we aren’t a good cultural fit there for starters and I certainly don’t think we’d be treated fairly there.

We're a better fit for the Big 10, plus we'll get the travel games with USC and UCLA now.

There are so many B1G families in the South Florida region that we'll have a sizable minority of people at our games.

And, we'll finally have an excuse to FINALLY f**king beat Wisconsin. Taint goes without saying.
Living in LA I’m praying for big 10

The SEC powers hate us. If they had any control over our future they’d use it to keep us in check, as a whipping boy… you name it. I don’t trust those MF’s for one second and wouldn’t remotely trust them with the keys to our house.

Advertisement
We're not a fit for either conference.

Geographically, the SEC makes more sense. Who wants to fly over or drive through a bunch of states to get to road games? Most of which would take one long *** day to drive, in some cases two.

Academically, the B1G makes more sense.

Neither makes sense and this is purely about money. The ACC is the best fit, academically, not really geographically, but if these big mergers all happen, monetarily it isn't a fit.

I'd rather find Bill and Ted or the Professor, hop in their phone booth or Delorean and get back to some past conference alignments. Since that's not possible, I truly don't care.

None of this is positive in my mind and I absolutely despise what's becoming of the sport in general. Tradition is being tossed to the wayside and battle lines are being drawn up for one thing and one thing only. Money

Advertisement
Option 1: See if the ACC can throw a Hail Mary. They somehow get ND to join full time (ND hates the Big 10 for **** done decades ago). Then, probably need to get Stanford to keep ND happy. And go out and see if you can poach some heavy hitters that maybe feel unappreciated by the SEC and/or Big 10. See if you can get to 18 or 20 teams and get a fat TV deal.

Option 2: Who am I kidding? I'm torn between hate that I have for the SEC, but the joy as a fan of getting to play the Gators again every year. Or hating playing in cold weather, crappy weather in the Big 10, but the joy as a fan of getting to play ND again every year (I assume ND goes Big 10 since USC is there now).
look on the bright side, the Supreme Court is making sure that warm weather comes up to the north

Ideally remain in the ACC if it's viable. If it's not, definitely B1G. We do not belong in the hick conference. I want no part of its culture, its values, or what most of its fans think it represents. Notice USC/UCLA had no interest in going there.

Advertisement
The SEC is not a realistic option, I do not believe Florida wants to have us there. They will protest and claw with everything they have to prevent us from getting there. Geographically, it would be the easy and logical choice.

I'd say if we change, we will change to the Big 10. However, that change is not imminent and wont happen that soon. Problem is the ACC just reconstructed schedules, so I presume every team in the ACC has agreed to try this before trying to go somewhere else.

This wouldn't be a problem if the ACC wouldn't be so ******* volatile in performance and teams wouldn't underperform (Miami, FSU, VT). Which is the annoying part, since the ACC absolutely has the potential but keeps blowing it up.

SEC. You yahoos realize we’re Miami FLORIDA, not Miami Ohio, right? I seriously wonder how many of you failed high school geography. We’re in the Southeast. We should play in the Southeastern conference.

It would be better for recruiting. Unless you want to focus on recruiting New Jersey lol.

Oh and we could play FSU and UF every year. Go to the big 10 and our two biggest rivalry games are gone forever.

SEC. You yahoos realize we’re Miami FLORIDA, not Miami Ohio, right? I seriously wonder how many of you failed high school geography. We’re in the Southeast. We should play in the Southeastern conference.

It would be better for recruiting. Unless you want to focus on recruiting New Jersey lol.

Oh and we could play FSU and UF every year. Go to the big 10 and our two biggest rivalry games are gone forever.
Are you new to conference realignment?

Geography means nothing.

It’s all about getting the maximum media rights value, building a national brand which increases NIL potential for players, etc.

The B1G is about to secure the biggest media rights deal in college sports history… bigger than the SEC.

Advertisement
Back