POLL- Conferences: Where Do You Want to Go?

What's your preferred destination?

• Total voters
Advertisement
We're a better fit for the Big 10, plus we'll get the travel games with USC and UCLA now.

There are so many B1G families in the South Florida region that we'll have a sizable minority of people at our games.

And, we'll finally have an excuse to FINALLY f**king beat Wisconsin. Taint goes without saying.

Advertisement
ACC 'cronyism" is nothing compared to what we'd get in the SEC or B1G.
Disagree. But, for argument’s sake, do you really think joining the B1G presents greater problems than the bias shown by the ACC’s toward the Carolina schools?

Advertisement
Disagree. But, for argument’s sake, do you really think joining the B1G presents greater problems than the bias shown by the ACC’s toward the Carolina schools?
All the ACC schools not in NC, well before UM became an ACC member, bemoaned the Carolina bias. It surely exists but ... exactly where and how has it cost us anything really? It's certainly NOT the reason we've been average on the field or in the arena. That failure, about to be remedied IMO, was more about us.

Advertisement
No conference is going to provide friendly officiating, if that’s what anyone is looking for.

B1G. Try and get ND, forcing their submission through exclusion from the CFP in lieu of not playing in a conference.

Advertisement
Get a big shot to start a new conference, poach all the big schools, and let everybody else kiss our ***.

B1G. We are an east coast school, not a "Southern" one. There are plenty of east coast schools in the B1G as is, so we will have a group to roll with. Texas is going to learn mighty quickly that they aren't southern, not in the way the rest of the SEC is, and that's going to be a problem. The money is going to be similar either way.

B1G. We are an east coast school, not a "Southern" one. There are plenty of east coast schools in the B1G as is, so we will have a group to roll with. Texas is going to learn mighty quickly that they aren't southern, not in the way the rest of the SEC is, and that's going to be a problem. The money is going to be similar either way.

How is it going to be a problem? Is Texas going to enter competitions on how to make grits? Will there be a blind beer taste test of Natty Light vs Sierra Nevada? I'm so confused about all this stuff. Someone earlier posted about how our student body is made up more of northern kids, so we should join the Big 10. Could anything possibly be more irrelevant? People do understand that there's not an end of the school year dance where all these colleges join up in a big venue, right? This is about M-O-N-E-Y, and then to a lesser extent, competition. Which league do you want to play in? The SEC is the best one now, and they just added 2 schools with a ton of bread and long histories of success, albeit it's been a while for Texas.

But we gotta stop with the "fit" stuff. We don't "fit" in the ACC. You ever been to a Miami Hurricanes tailgate for a night game vs a Top 10 opponent? Now go to a 3:30 kick in Charlottesville when UVA plays Wake, and let me know the similarities.

Option 1: See if the ACC can throw a Hail Mary. They somehow get ND to join full time (ND hates the Big 10 for **** done decades ago). Then, probably need to get Stanford to keep ND happy. And go out and see if you can poach some heavy hitters that maybe feel unappreciated by the SEC and/or Big 10. See if you can get to 18 or 20 teams and get a fat TV deal.

Option 2: Who am I kidding? I'm torn between hate that I have for the SEC, but the joy as a fan of getting to play the Gators again every year. Or hating playing in cold weather, crappy weather in the Big 10, but the joy as a fan of getting to play ND again every year (I assume ND goes Big 10 since USC is there now).

Advertisement
Back