Podcast: Recruiting Finish and Austin Pfenninger

Advertisement
Cliff Notes anyone???

I can't remember the whole thing, but here's some I can:

- We're getting 2 of the 4 receivers, for sure: Thomas, Harley, Smith, Pouncey. Might get 3. Would take all 4.
- Harley comin
- Favorite for Thomas right now
- Fav for Pouncey right now
- In it for Smith
- Edwards UF now, but we got a chance
- Henderson is UF, but staff still pushing hard
- Herbert visiting but unlikely
- Named EE's on campus, which are on this board

Advertisement
Cliff Notes anyone???

I can't remember the whole thing, but here's some I can:

- We're getting 2 of the 4 receivers, for sure: Thomas, Harley, Smith, Pouncey. Might get 3. Would take all 4.
- Harley comin
- Favorite for Thomas right now
- Fav for Pouncey right now
- In it for Smith
- Edwards UF now, but we got a chance
- Henderson is UF, but staff still pushing hard
- Herbert visiting but unlikely
- Named EE's on campus, which are on this board

Thanks [MENTION=5733]Ohio_Cane[/MENTION]

It was a great listen, Austin was an awesome guest. Nice Job Peter. Austin, I am glad you got to live out your dream at the U, something many do not get to do (and even giving up scholarships to do so, it's a great story). Didn't hold anything back and was very tactful in how he delivered it. Post here when you have the time.

Hearing the insights on the returning players was nice. Seems like people don't need to sleep on Cager or Berrios for next year.

The part about Coach No-D honestly made me throw up in my mouth a little. But it was nice to hear a thoughtful view of what was going down during that time that wasn't from someone who is a complete homer or someone who is butt-hurt.

and the part about cade weldon's athletic testing is encouraging. kid doesnt waste movement with his feet or his arm. extremely efficient. more and more, im beginning to think he might be the guy that gets us back where we belong
And he was coming off a major knee injury this year. His athleticism will only continue to increase as he completely recovers and gets in our SC program.

and the part about cade weldon's athletic testing is encouraging. kid doesnt waste movement with his feet or his arm. extremely efficient. more and more, im beginning to think he might be the guy that gets us back where we belong
And he was coming off a major knee injury this year. His athleticism will only continue to increase as he completely recovers and gets in our SC program.

He's probably our most underrated prospect which I get given how Perry dazzled but I think (like Shirreffs) he's going to turn some heads.

Advertisement

He's probably our most underrated prospect which I get given how Perry dazzled but I think (like Shirreffs) he's going to turn some heads.
Weldon is a far superior prospect to Shirreffs.

I love him and Perry. But I think the "Perry is automatically the guy" camp is drastically undervaluing the importance of Weldon getting here 6 months before Perry and having all that time to work with receivers and go through spring ball.

Even if Perry is a better prospect, that's an almost insurmountable lead Weldon gains from the 6 month head start.

There is no way Perry is coming in here without the benefit of a private QB coach after running a very basic spread offense and picking everything up in a couple months.

Thanks for listening guys I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did. I've been in love with this program since I was 7 years old and glad to have so many others here that share that passion. I'm going to start posting on here a little bit and hopefully keep giving some more insight from the program that I can say.

Advertisement
Thanks for listening guys I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did. I've been in love with this program since I was 7 years old and glad to have so many others here that share that passion. I'm going to start posting on here a little bit and hopefully keep giving some more insight from the program that I can say.

Glad to have you on the board

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION], what was that opening beat???? *fire emoji*

Advertisement

Awesome job on there, Austin. Glad to have U around! GO CANES!

It was a pleasure listening to your perspective. Thank you for everything you did for the U, and I hope Pete has you on again at some point. Goodluck with everything!

like to hear your view on who you think we land in this class.

Weldon is a far superior prospect to Shirreffs.

I love him and Perry. But I think the "Perry is automatically the guy" camp is drastically undervaluing the importance of Weldon getting here 6 months before Perry and having all that time to work with receivers and go through spring ball.

Even if Perry is a better prospect, that's an almost insurmountable lead Weldon gains from the 6 month head start.

There is no way Perry is coming in here without the benefit of a private QB coach after running a very basic spread offense and picking everything up in a couple months.

I agree with your points. To elaborate meant people slept on Shirreffs and crowned Allison because Shirreffs was the guy without any big offers and no hype. Based on Austin's account and before that hearing Shirreffs was basically unseating Malik in the spring early on, obviously "he comin'" next year to play.

And it's kind of like that with Weldon. Perry has more offers, is rater higher on every service, Weldon didn't even get an FSU offer even though he is legacy, and all the other hype around Perry. Not saying he's our next Dorsey but many people are crowning him over Weldon already and I think they may be a little surprised at Weldon's athleticism and competitiveness over the next few years.

Advertisement
Back