Podcast: Recruiting Finish and Austin Pfenninger

I'm excited about the QB battle. This board is going to get pretty heated during the offseason.

I got Shireffs starting and Weldon as backup.

Shirreffs isn't the baby faced kid he was when he got here. He's got good size and a good enough arm to be a good QB here. People get caught up in strong arms and the deep ball, but Ken Dorsey and Steve Walsh, even Kosar, didn't have cannons for arms, but their timing was really good. Kyle Wright had a cannon, but rarely HIT the deep ball. Give me a QB that has good ball placement and good timing and you'll see a 10 win team next year. Also, he is more athletic than people give him credit for being, and judging from his high school tape, he isn't afraid to take off with the ball if he sees it open. I believe it was his first game he started in high school, he took off for a 70 yard run. After the game the coach was surprised, and he said something like, "I told you I could do it." That's the exact OPPOSITE of what we've had at QB the last several years.

Advertisement
I think it will be Allison. Right has alway like QBs with plus arm strength. But maybe he's changing his philosophy. But my guess is Allison, steps up big time and takes the job. Honestly I think it will be a very bad sign if Perry comes in the summer and gets the job. That either says the guys we have are bad, or that the job was basically given to him. Those situations haven't exactly paid off in the past.

This would not be a good finish if it unfolds as mentioned...hopefully we land one of Edwards/Henderson and at least one more OL.

Cliff Notes anyone???

I can't remember the whole thing, but here's some I can:

- We're getting 2 of the 4 receivers, for sure: Thomas, Harley, Smith, Pouncey. Might get 3. Would take all 4.
- Harley comin
- Favorite for Thomas right now
- Fav for Pouncey right now
- In it for Smith
- Edwards UF now, but we got a chance
- Henderson is UF, but staff still pushing hard
- Herbert visiting but unlikely
- Named EE's on campus, which are on this board

Advertisement
Weldon > Perry.

Not sure how a definitive statement can be made either way. I'm looking forward to the QB competition. Weldon will have an advantage as an EE but, for all we know, Shireffs or Allison may have made some serious improvements and be ready to take the reins.

Advertisement
Cliff Notes anyone???

- We're getting 2 of the 4 receivers, for sure: Thomas, Harley, Smith, Pouncey. Might get 3. Would take all 4.
- Harley comin

Pouncey seems to be very impressed on his Texas visit.

https://twitter.com/_pouncey?lang=en
Stop being a pssy

Nothing to do with being a pssy.
Just have a look at his twitter.

Cliff Notes anyone???

- Harley comin

Stop being a pssy

I'm sure he's having fun still a long way from home .

Advertisement
As of now I'm planning on being at Twin Peaks for the NSD party if anyone would like to discuss some crank insight and locker room talk

- Harley comin

Stop being a pssy

I'm sure he's having fun still a long way from home .

Ever hear of a jet plane?
Kids from Florida play all over the country.

Advertisement
As of now I'm planning on being at Twin Peaks for the NSD party if anyone would like to discuss some crank insight and locker room talk

Now that's inside info, what other cane site can deliver this? Eat your heart out Gary.

Last edited:
Austin you should look into a grad transfer into Purdue to stay close to home and get plenty of playing time

I have a few buddies from high school that play there and I actually did a visit when I was home over winter break. Reaching out to Indiana, Western Michigan, FIU and some other MAC schools as well

Any idea what time the NSD party is getting started? I listed to the podcast a couple of times and read through the thread but didn't see a time announced.

Advertisement
Back