PODCAST: Adapt or Die ft. ESPN's Steve Kim and D$

Advertisement
Good listen. I like the comment about how other programs can go 7-5 and still not lose recruiting momentum. We go 7-5 and we lose 90% of the class.

Also a great point about how Dabo lucked into Chad Morris and Brent Venables and the rest is history. Maybe Diaz just needs to go out and do a national search, with a blank check in hand, and find some top flight coordinators this offseason. Get rid of Baker and Enos and start fresh. Don't let money prevent us from hiring top flight guys. Clemson opened the check book to get Venables from OU.

Good listen. I like the comment about how other programs can go 7-5 and still not lose recruiting momentum. We go 7-5 and we lose 90% of the class.

Also a great point about how Dabo lucked into Chad Morris and Brent Venables and the rest is history. Maybe Diaz just needs to go out and do a national search, with a blank check in hand, and find some top flight coordinators this offseason. Get rid of Baker and Enos and start fresh. Don't let money prevent us from hiring top flight guys. Clemson opened the check book to get Venables from OU.
We opened the checkbook to get Enos from Alabaga. You guys just don’t like the choice.

Dude it's politics. Politics. In other words, it seems to me that both Diaz and his incompetent LAP POODLE are playing FAVORITES! Nothing more, nothing less. In other words, there was a time when a head football coach put out the players, whom GAVE A TEAM the BEST CHANCE to win!!!!!!!!!!

edit best chance to dominate💯🙌

Dabo did not luck into Chad Morris or Bret Venables.

Odd how some porsters can’t give credit or blame when due. Success must be a stroke of luck, and failure another person’s fault.

Advertisement
Difference between manny and Dabo from what I see so far, manny’s culture change sucks. He rewards mediocrity, celebrates nonsensical victories, has a team regressing in every metric that indicates whether a coach is implementing a positive culture change, penalties, mistakes, etc.

This guy can go out and hire Charlie Strong for DC and Art Briles for OC and he still won’t necessarily get the right results because I’m not seeing what I expected from the team.

He’s a **** Head coach and a couple good hires isn’t going to do anything for him. Besides, I don’t think any serious coaches are going to work for him. He has to revamp his whole staff on both sides of the ball as it’s a complete clown show on offense and defense.

Dude it's politics. Politics. In other words, it seems to me that both Diaz and his incompetent LAP POODLE are playing FAVORITES! Nothing more, nothing less. In other words, there was a time when a head football coach put out the players, whom GAVE A TEAM the BEST CHANCE to win!!!!!!!!!!

If you listened to Manny all off-season and check who's getting burn, signs point to him valuing "hard work" and "leadership" etc over actual talent. He's placing priority on that intangible rah-rah bullshlt instead of putting the best raw talent on the field.

Hey that's great that Patchan loves Miami and is the first guy in the weight room every day, but uh, Rousseau looks like an alien from Signs in a jet pack so maybe we can put that runaway genetic mutant on the field a little more, eh Mandy?

I believe this happened with guys like Knowles, and I think Jarren to a degree. That and they went conservative and valued protecting the ball over making plays.

Anyway, best players need to hit the field. F all that Notre Dame Rudy bullshlt.

D$, no matter how expensive Enos is, he was hired under same terms of Pat Nix. He doesnt really have a strong resume, he gained alot of clout because he was affiliated with record breaking Bama offense but before that he was a middle of pack OC, who had maybe 1 or 2 good years at Arky. I think he is really good QB coach but as OC he was I form with HUGE oline at Arky. Not really what Diaz promised as cutting edge offense.

These guys who try to be multiple in college with limited coaching time, and try to shoe horn spread into their prostyle always have high chance of struggling. This has been mentioned multiple times and broken down.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-offense-smashmouth-option-air-raid-pro-style

But apparently wasn't paying attention!

Advertisement
Really now, the football program is in crisis and we're reaching for clues in Ms. Strawley's twitter feed. Who gives a flip if she ****ed off our lil friend Petey, the agent in training. Enough about this woman.

So, our offensive line is **** because she's showing more twitter love for the women's volleyball and soccer teams. And Mr. Baxa can't kick straight because Ms. Strawley hasn't tweeted about the football team in 2-3 games. Just as bad, our secondary and linebackers so frazzled as to be busting assignments.

Next thing you know the dangerous Ms. Strawley will be held accountable for demolition of the Orange Bowl as well as being the lead culprit behind Miami not having an on-campus stadium. She's the reason late-round draft picks and the undraftables are bolting campus early. And, of course, Ms. Strawley or the thought of her future role played a hand in Howard, Jimmy and Dennis moving on to the pros.

If only Petey had told us earlier.
Are you tagging Strawley? Aka shallow hal

If Manny cans Enos after this season, then there is one person that he needs to open the check book for. That is Joe Rudolph of Wisconsin. He's the OC and Oline coach. Kill two birds with one stone.

Dabo did not luck into Chad Morris or Bret Venables.

Odd how some porsters can’t give credit or blame when due. Success must be a stroke of luck, and failure another person’s fault.

So you think Venables dream job was to be the Clemson DC? Lol!!! Say nobody EVER. He was the **** DC for OU who was the big **** slinger on the yard in college football at that time and went to a team that had no history and hadn’t won a title in 30+ years. If that ain’t luck I don’t know what is.

But whatever you say.

We opened the checkbook to get Enos from Alabaga. You guys just don’t like the choice.

You right. I didn’t know he was going to bring his playbook from the year 1999. We just got rid of a OC who thought his playbook from 1994 still should hold true in this day in age.

Advertisement
Steve Kim, in regards to oline you cannot build for future and get your qbs hurt.. I remember Kyle wright getting sacked 9 games and basically broken in first game.. We did even worse with Jarren against UF, now a few games in your young qb is hurt and that can start to get these guys creating bad habits, seeing ghost, looking at line, etc.

We are depending on a guy who would be redshirting at App st right now playing the premier blindside position on oline which means he is best olineman we got. Kid might be broken because of how he looks on field. I have never seen an olineman struggle that much and not get pulled out of the water.. The water is too deep for the kid and its obvious. That is dangerous for our QBs. We could see all 4 this year.. Good luck building ANYTHING that way

oh, we're building something..... its just built on quick sand, lol

Bookmarking this for later to read.

I will say I've seen multiple coaches talk about keeping it simple: Chip Kelly at Oregon and Briles. Both had absolutely dynamic offenses that were actually very simple. They ran a handful plays with superb execution. They dressed it up with different window dressings (formations, motion, etc.) but the core plays were the same. Simple for the players. And they executed those plays to a T.

People laugh that Kendal Briles doesn't have a playbook at FSU, but he did the same thing at Houston. They had no playbook either and most of us were drooling over their offense. You have 20 hours a week to coach your players. You can't have a giant playbook that takes a year to master because you just don't have enough coaching time with the players. Master your few plays instead of trying do everything good.

K.I.S.S philosophy - Keep it simple, stupid

It actually works if you have enough talent that can execute

If Manny cans Enos after this season, then there is one person that he needs to open the check book for. That is Joe Rudolph of Wisconsin. He's the OC and Oline coach. Kill two birds with one stone.
Think a guy like bedenbaugh is more real because that would be a lateral move for Rudolph if not a demotion. Enos will still be here next season so its whatever.

Advertisement
So you think Venables dream job was to be the Clemson DC? Lol!!! Say nobody EVER. He was the **** DC for OU who was the big **** slinger on the yard in college football at that time and went to a team that had no history and hadn’t won a title in 30+ years. If that ain’t luck I don’t know what is.

But whatever you say.
He was co-DC forever with Mike Stoops at OU, and a lot of people just assumed Stoops was running the D, as his brother was HC.

Venables was clearly open to going somewhere to be the man, and Dabo reeled him in. I don’t know how that’s luck.

Advertisement
Back