2022 [Please Give us Some] Summary BBQ Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Francis just looks much shorter in that picture due to the angle. He's a freakin' massive human being... And he LOOKS better than any high school OL I've ever seen. I thought he was somebody's big a$s daddy. He starts from day one IMO.

So a few tidbits...

My 2025 Defensive Linemen are all SEC level kids. They were at UF last night. They actually WOKE OUR COACH UP in the morning and said "Coach, we gotta get to Miami!" Needless to say, they were excited.
View attachment 201977
Tarrell Green - 6'2" 280lbs
Anthony "Man Man" Smith - 6'2" 329lbs
Armondo Blount - 6'4" 250lbs

When they were in the pool I overheard one of them say to the other - "I ain't gonna lie bruh, this the most fun I ever had on a visit."

So I butt in and say "Yall having fun? Yall like it here?"

"Yeah coach, this is where I wanna go!"
Other kid - "Coach, the other schools are nicer on the inside, but that's it. They don't be like this on the outside. It ain't this vibe."
"UF was aight, it was cool, but it wasn't this."

(something along those lines)

Needless to say, our kids really enjoyed themselves and Salavea does a great job of recruiting them.
View attachment 201978

The hospitality is next level. No stone unturned. As you can see, they even had an assistant walking around handing out popsicles. They had busses driving recruits/families back and forth from the Hecht to the pool all day.

The event started with Mario giving a speech and showing renderings of the new facilities. Some really impressive stuff. State of the art, top of the line. And it will be ready sooner than you think. After Mario was finished speaking, offense and defense broke out into different groups. Mario stayed and spoke to the parents while defensive line, defensive backs, linebackers and offensive players broke off into individual meeting rooms.

Myself, Antione Jackson and Xavier Lucas went to Coach Addae's room with the DB's.
Addae is a great dude. He spent 42 minutes on the phone with me Thursday morning going over coverage schemes and DB technique. He even offered to FaceTime me and draw it up on the board, but I was at work. There's not too many college coaches who are that down to earth. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be here long, as he's extremely qualified for a major DC position.
SIDENOTE: He says Couch is his best DB and will be playing primarily Nickel this season. We talked about how the last staff affected his play, but I won't say to much about that. Let's just say... LOL. (Manny)

Speaking of the latter...
As some of you might remember, I complained about previous staffs not even speaking to me while I was on campus. Not creating relationships. I have coaching buddies who were with me and can co-sign the same feelings. Well I brought one of those coaching buddies with me today and he was blown away. Guys, this is night and day from Manny's staff. You can't go anywhere without a UM staffer greeting you...whether it's a coach, equipment manager, assistant, GA, whoever. These dudes go out of their way to LOOK for people to talk to. Mario must have that **** drilled into them.

View attachment 201979

They had burgers with all the toppings available, massive hot dogs, chicken fingers, waffle fries, regular fries, salad, mac and cheese, water, diet coke, Coke zero, regular coke, and various gatorades. Oh, and veggie burgers.

Funny/crazy story...
I met 2 separate people connected to Kinsler...an hour apart. They both told the same story.
Kinsler never actually committed to Florida. Florida got him with no adult figure around, and asked him "Did you enjoy your visit?"
When the kids said yes, they shook his hand and said "welcome aboard".
And they put him down as committed. 😂
Apparently that's one of the reasons he decommitted, because he never actually committed in the first place. More like he was pressured into it. Also, their staff has been rubbing some kids the wrong way. Apparently they spent a lot of time talking down other schools and making fun of other coaches. When these kids are talking to Miami, they're hearing a lot about how they're going to be developed, how they're going to be coached, etc. Miami coaches aren't concerned with talking down other schools/coaches. UF apparently spends most of their time knocking other schools down to make themselves look better. (i.e. talking down on Mirabal etc)
UF didn't handle themselves professionally with Kinsler. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It gets way worse, but I don't want to put too many details on here. Let's just say, they totally lost Kinsler with their antics, and they'll lose more kids if they don't start acting like adults. UF won't be much of a threat to our recruiting IMO. (except maybe Raymond, he's good)

Advertisement
Coach Joe dove off the high dive and ended the pool party…..good news is all the trees and plants around the pool are now good and watered for the next week….
Maybe that was the wave Mario was talking about…kidding kidding. Chuckled at this one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It got ugly at the pool….

1659230742961.gif

Advertisement
Can anyone summarize the BBQ?
A BBQ is short for barbecue. Usually a get together in the summer where grilled meats are served alongside traditional sides like mac n cheese, chips and dip, salads, baked beans, potato salad, and many others. This particular BBQ was a get together between the Miami athletic staff, particularly the football side of things, and the high school recruits Miami is hoping to acquire for their football team. There was also a pool and water permits the use of seafood in a barbecue (though reason is not needed for crab legs and shrimp boils). Please anyone feel free to add in any details to help this poor man out. I wrote this in a hurry as the kids are in bed and the wife and I only have so long before the screaming and fighting in bed begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back