Please explain the Schiano hate

Advertisement
He took over the absolute worst program in division 1 at the time which is why his record was too heavy in losses for the first few seasons.
-3ef5752e69bf031c.jpg

Advertisement
Maybe the hate started when he was the rutgers coach and he publicly turned down the UM job....in a not so gracious way. Just a guess.
Not the way it happened , He was the coach in waiting under Butch . Schaino was offered the Rutgers job because Butch said he was staying. A week later Butch left for Cleveland, Miami then offered him the coaching job and he declined said he committed to Rutgers. The beginning of the downfall.

Schiano was good enough to fool the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to hire him as HC.

That said, had he not bolted for Rutgers would he have been promoted to HC instead of Coker? If so, does anyone think would he would have won the 2001 NC, and maybe 2002? Does anyone think he would stated Miami 5, 6, 7 seasons and not had a decline as bad as Coker ?

Curious what the board thinks.
We would have won the 02 championship and stayed in the top 10 for many years. Schiano can recruit and coach.

We would have won the 02 championship and stayed in the top 10 for many years. Schiano can recruit and coach.

Fate is fate.

I can’t get it out of my mind that there is strong evidence that he knew about the child rape at Penn State and did nothing.

There were probably more than a few other people that were aware of it as well, but that does not make it right.

That just makes me sick to my stomach. I can forgive a lot, this is just one thing where I feel that once you cross this line, there is no going back. What kind of a person does that?

Advertisement
Bad comparison.

Yeah they both inherited terrible programs and rose them up. But Schiano, culturally, understands south Florida recruiting and aggressive, hard *** defenses. Golden was a penn state guy through and through to the point that he bulked all our guys up and tried to play a late 80s style of football that had nothing to do with the talent on the roster (and makes guys on this board inherently mistrust the 3-4 possibility here).

Additionally it took many many years for Schiano to have a budget even close to the other big East coaches at the time and in general. That’s what made Golden so bad: he had the top recruiting budgets in the Mac his last several
Years and still couldn’t win.

that said:
1) Schianos involvement with Sandusky is shameful and no way should be be allowed here (or have been rehired by Rutgers)
2) again he can be bone headed with game day decisions and not as progressive in his thinking in an era where offensive playmaking is dominant.

Horrible comparison. Golden was trash at temple despots assembling the most talented team in the league. He gets credit for getting talent to temple but he choked with it. Dude was a joke. Did he even beat a team with a winning record there?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Schiano was good enough to fool the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to hire him as HC.

That said, had he not bolted for Rutgers would he have been promoted to HC instead of Coker? If so, does anyone think would he would have won the 2001 NC, and maybe 2002? Does anyone think he would stated Miami 5, 6, 7 seasons and not had a decline as bad as Coker ?

Curious what the board thinks.

We win 01 and 02 with him. Based on what he did at Rutgers after, he had an eye for talent and was able to develop that talent. The question with him would have been could he have adapted as the game changed? I don’t think he would have driven the program into the ground like Coker/Shannon/Golden.

Why should we care about another head coach whose team is not doing better than Miami?

Not the way it happened , He was the coach in waiting under Butch . Schaino was offered the Rutgers job because Butch said he was staying. A week later Butch left for Cleveland, Miami then offered him the coaching job and he declined said he committed to Rutgers. The beginning of the downfall.
That is NOT what happened at all...Monkey Boy left before the 2001 UM vs UF Sugar Bowl....Chuck Pagano was elevated to DC for the Bowl game.....THEN Butch left later on....know the facts before Spouting off on a Topic you are completely unaware of....Lol at Schiano offered UM job....It was Barry Alvarez who Shalala wanted, and was gonna bring in before the players caught wind of it...

Advertisement
Back