Playoffs

Ethnicsands

All-American
If UGA wins out - very possible - it faces the Alabama - LSU winner for the SEC title.

If UGA wins the SEC championship game, you will have two SEC teams in the playoff, but not the AL/LSU loser.

If UGA loses the SEC title game, it’ll get dissed with 2 losses, but would have as good a claim as a 1 loss team (either Alabama or LSU) that didn’t have to play for the conference title.

I continue to think no team should be eligible for the playoffs if they dont play for their conference title. Fail to win your division, no dice, sorry.

Meanwhile, similar dynamic in the Big 10. If PSU beats MN, then it is shaping up to have a similar argument for the playoffs as the loser of Alabama - LSU.

IMO, the reason OSU isn’t getting ranked #1 is because the SEC shills know that means PSU will have as good or better a claim to the playoffs as the loser of the Alabama - LSU game.

OSU should be ranked 1, moreover, and if PSU plays them close, it’s going to be a brutal selection process. Again, it would be better to just say no one who doesn’t make it out of their division is eligible.

Clemson will make it.

And we didn’t even get to what if Baylor and or Oregon win out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
LSU should and will be the #1 team. Not even debatable.
Why do you think that? They beat a crappy TX team by a td and edged auburn by a FG. They may be the juggernaut people are saying, but I don’t see the rationale at this point. Nice win against Florida, but florida barely beat Miami. And both Florida and Auburn were home games.

Alabama will be the challenge.

Totally agree that you should not make the playoffs if you don't win your conference championship. The conference championships should effectively be the first round of the playoffs. T
I could live with a loser in a conference title game getting the nod in some situations. I do not think any team should be considered that doesnt play for its conference title. Or just assume they got an extra loss when you evaluate them. It’s idiotic to elevate a team that didnt play for the conference title over one that did but lost.

Advertisement
Why do you think that? They beat a crappy TX team by a td and edged auburn by a FG. They may be the juggernaut people are saying, but I don’t see the rationale at this point. Nice win against Florida, but florida barely beat Miami. And both Florida and Auburn were home games.

Alabama will be the challenge.
Their schedule is much better than Ohio State’s

Advertisement
Their schedule is much better than Ohio State’s
Meh. They edged auburn at home, beat a good not great florida team at home, beat a crappy tx team on road by a td. I hafe no doubt OSU wins those games also.

OSU has handled all thown their way, dominated NW at NW. If they beat PSU and Michigan, don’t see how that is any less than LSU. LSU has one really tough game in Bama, Ohio gets PSU.

Meh. They edged auburn at home, beat a good not great florida team at home, beat a crappy tx team on road by a td. I hafe no doubt OSU wins those games also.

OSU has handled all thown their way, dominated NW at NW. If they beat PSU and Michigan, don’t see how that is any less than LSU. LSU has one really tough game in Bama, Ohio gets PSU.
They have better wins than Ohio State. It’s not really even debatable. LSU will be #1. Ohio State should be #2, but Bama may get it just to have a #1 vs #2 matchup for hype. Clemson is #4

Advertisement
The playoffs should be the first best teams.

• Undefeated P5 Conference winners should all get in
  • SEC Champion, regardless of losses, should always get in
  • Everyone else should be considered a top 4 team
So as it stands I see:
1) SEC Conference winner
2) Clemson (if they stay undefeated)
3) Ohio State or Minnesota (if the winner of the BIG Ten is undefeated)

PAC12, AAC, and BIG12 all will have winners with a loss

4) If Georgia wins the SEC and LSU or BAMA are undefeated going into the SEC Championship then LSU or BAMA should get a bid. If LSU or BAMA wins the SEC and the other did not lose any other games then the loser of the LSU and BAMA game should get in.

I know no one on this board is a fan of 2 SEC teams getting in the playoffs, but in my opinion of the scenario plays out as I mentioned above then two should get in.

LSU should and will be the #1 team. Not even debatable.
Why? Texas has proven to be extremely overrated and they won by two scores only with a last second TD.

And if you watched the Auburn game you can’t come out too impressed. Auburn is a bang average team. LSU struggled worse than Miami this year in the red zone against them and only won by 3 at home.

OSU is dominating unlike anyone in the nation has for a long time.

Advertisement
Back