Playoffs

I rather just go back to the old system. It was madness and there was a lot of controversy but it was fun as a child to wake up and watch a bunch of Bowl Games on New Years Day that actually meant something to the fans and the players.

But since I do live in reality I think the playoff system is fine for the most part. I do side with the Conference Champions only side of things but know with the way TV contracts are that will never happen. The committee will always pick it.

Advertisement
I’d ge fine with an 8 team playoff that included the 5 P5 conf champs plus 3 at large teams. I’d still prefer exclusion of teams that don’t win their division. Otherwise you should assume they have an extra loss. It should never be an advantage to avoid making the conf title game. That’s an awful dynamic.
What if all the conferences get rid of the divisions, and then got rid of their title games. This would allow for the extra week for an 8-team playoff

What if all the conferences get rid of the divisions, and then got rid of their title games. This would allow for the extra week for an 8-team playoff
Anything is possible, I guess. It would make the conferences less interesting and their scheduling a mess.

Advertisement
We are winning the coastal and will beat clemson in Charlotte. Lets go!

I rather just go back to the old system. It was madness and there was a lot of controversy but it was fun as a child to wake up and watch a bunch of Bowl Games on New Years Day that actually meant something to the fans and the players.

But since I do live in reality I think the playoff system is fine for the most part. I do side with the Conference Champions only side of things but know with the way TV contracts are that will never happen. The committee will always pick it.

im w u. the BCS was better and the bowls did matter.

Advertisement
We are winning the coastal and will beat clemson in Charlotte. Lets go!

Suppose we won the Coastal and actually, by some miracle, beat Clemson in Charlotte.

Would you actually justify a Canes entry into the playoffs based on just beating Clemson? Given this corching staff's body of work this year?

I would not. Although beating Clemson would probably get us back to the Orange Bowl.

Suppose we won the Coastal and actually, by some miracle, beat Clemson in Charlotte.

Would you actually justify a Canes entry into the playoffs based on just beating Clemson? Given this corching staff's body of work this year?

I would not. Although beating Clemson would probably get us back to the Orange Bowl.
200w.gif

So LSU, Ohio S. And Clemson look solid.

Not sure how a team that didn’t make the SEC title game should get invited to playoffs over whoever wins out in Big 12 or Pac 12.

IMHO, if you can’t get to your conference championship game, you don’t deserve to be in the playoff talk.

If you get to your championship game and lose and only have the one loss, then you have an outside shot, if one of the other conferences champ has more losses and your team dominated all year but had one bad game.

Advertisement
So LSU, Ohio S. And Clemson look solid.

Not sure how a team that didn’t make the SEC title game should get invited to playoffs over whoever wins out in Big 12 or Pac 12.

it’s happened before with Bama and will happen again. Watch. Oregon and Oklahoma will not get in, even if they win out.

it’s happened before with Bama and will happen again. Watch. Oregon and Oklahoma will not get in, even if they win out.
If they take a team that lost its division in the SEC over two P5 conference champs with 1 loss, then lol.

why take alabama over georgia either, at that point?

Advertisement
If they take a team that lost its division in the SEC over two P5 conference champs with 1 loss, then lol.

why take alabama over georgia either, at that point?

I agree with you. I said the same thing a few years ago when they won the natty and didn’t even win their conference. It’s a disgrace.

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Oregon

/ how I think it ends

I would have Minnesota at 4 right now

Advertisement
Back