Playing Bama is Another Poor Business Decision

**** dude, you're on ******* on fire.

I'm not scared of the race, the problem is we don't have the trainers to train OUR horses to run this race.

unc was nothing compared to these guys, and calling them hillbillies??? I see nothin but brothers all over that team especially the souf florida defensive backfield. FOH!
Manny prepping for the Kentucky Derby.
1608678565079.png

Advertisement
I will just say this we have a chance to really embarrass the brand name forever and make Saban the king of the hill in South Florida. A real BONEHEAD move to schedule this game. Blake is a **** idiot. Alabama reloads with stars who get excellent coaching. I have ZERO CONFIDENCE in MANNY to make this game close.

We are not beating Alabama next year to open the season. Lets be real. Best case we put on a decent showing and get out of there with no injuries. Worst case is much much worse. I don't see any upside. The Canes still draw a tv audience, we dont need Bama for that. Its easy to call me a p _ _ y for saying this but in the end college football is a business and this is another poor business decision. Bama gets another opportunity to play against a marquee brand (thank you 1983 - 2003) on national tv that it will be favored by double digits over. The imbalance in college football has been well documented. There are maybe 6 elite programs, and we are a long way off from competing on that level. Not saying we schedule the little sisters of the poor outside of the ACC, but we need wins, not a$$ whippings. Couple more 9+ win seasons, couple more top 10 recruiting classes, and capable quarterback play and we can start electing to play one of the top 6. Otherwise, lets get W's.
@RVACane @LuCane it’s time..

1608679728112.gif

Advertisement
If we'd stop hiring coaches that are in over their heads, maybe fans wouldn't dread these big games. I was always hopeful when we'd play big games from 1981 until the mid 2000s. Now I am indifferent, honestly. I don't fear playing teams that I know are better. I feel sorry for our players because I know **** well they are at a huge disadvantage when we play a team with a professional, experienced coaching staff.
The dumbest ****...the fact Fans reference the 80s and early 2000s just shows how out of touch some of y’all are..facts until our talent throughout the roster matches that of Clem, Bama, UGA etc..it doesn’t matter..whoever the coach is needs to get that going in the right direction first..Manny understands that and clearly has made strides to fix that (aside from corner lol)..you have to stack talent and classes..so no we are not ready to beat an elite Bama, OSU, Clemson etc annually but u have to be ready to compete in these games..you have too

You said it there, brother. And it all goes back to the Miami admin. They only want to hire betas because betas can easily be controlled. Reigned in. Rumor is, Jimmy Johnson walked around Hecht with a wheelbarrow to carry around his giant ballsack. Jimmy, Howard... those men were alpha dogs. But the Miami admin hated them because they couldn't be controlled. They had some well-publicized dustups.

So now, every time we're hiring a head coach, we pass on the alphas and hire only beta yes-men because our admin doesn't want to deal with another Jimmy Johnson. Look at how we turned down Dan Mullen twice, or even Mike Leach. It's the admin who are holding us back more than anything.

Nailed it

Advertisement
Probably much like he'd have felt about most of the last 15 years. I'm not sure how this correlates, however. There is a Grand Canyon divide between losing a fight and running from a fight.
does glass joe belong in the ring with Mike Tyson? This is the same program which uses big losses as annual excuses to give up on entire seasons, so I’d say that’s worse than nOt scheduling games against top 2 teams. We’ll play Clemson in 2022 I think too, along with the aggies...it’s stupid for James to write checks his hiring ability can’t cash

If we'd stop hiring coaches that are in over their heads, maybe fans wouldn't dread these big games. I was always hopeful when we'd play big games from 1981 until the mid 2000s. Now I am indifferent, honestly. I don't fear playing teams that I know are better. I feel sorry for our players because I know **** well they are at a huge disadvantage when we play a team with a professional, experienced coaching staff.
It’s the coaching situation that bothers me in scheduling teams like this. These kids are in NO WAY prepared to play a team like Alabama. Our coaching is abysmal, and playing a team like this with pro level coaches just puts these kids at such a disadvantage and risk of career ending injuries that it isn’t worth it. It’s humiliating, and degrading to all of them. This program is just plain BAD and has been since about 2003. Scheduling this game is a sick joke. Blake James is an idiot who can’t realize the cruelty of something like this and how bad it is for these kids. My guess, as usual, is it’s being done for money, the only reason this school exists anymore.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We are closer to being Wake Forest than beating ‘Bama. Is what it is. We can continue dreaming we might catch coaching lightning in a bottle before we go to the other side, but we all know Make-A-Wish Manny isn’t lightning.

COVID is keeping talent closer to Coral Gables than we could have hoped. Now we need a main stream coach and a 9-figure cash infusion to move the needle. Wake me when we hire an Urban Meyer to resuscitate this brand.

The dumbest ****...the fact Fans reference the 80s and early 2000s just shows how out of touch some of y’all are..facts until our talent throughout the roster matches that of Clem, Bama, UGA etc..it doesn’t matter..whoever the coach is needs to get that going in the right direction first..Manny understands that and clearly has made strides to fix that (aside from corner lol)..you have to stack talent and classes..so no we are not ready to beat an elite Bama, OSU, Clemson etc annually but u have to be ready to compete in these games..you have too
Yeah, that slip and slide really showed which direction we are headed. Manny is a used car salesman.

Advertisement
Back