Players using The U for other offers

JMG

Sophomore

Felt the need to post this in its own thread despite it being related to Tennison.

I thought there needs to be a legit discussion about how to go about this widespread problem we've been hamstrung with for the better part of a decade.

Would love to hear what guys like Dee, Macho, and others have to say as well.

Advertisement
Unless you're Clemson or Bama you get "used" for other offers.

Dont be delusional enough to think this is somehow a Miami-only thing. You've got fans of schools all over complaining about Clemson coming in and taking their recruits this cycle.

**** Kentucky/Louisville fans complain the exact same way about getting used by kids that really want to go to Miami

Clemson just went into Dallas and snatched the #1 safety in the country.

They're rolling and will be the odds on favorite for the title the next two seasons.

They are at the point where they are hand picking their kids anywhere in the country.

Advertisement
Hopefully Clemson and Georgia break the system and allow these kids to get paid wherever they go.

I’m not a fan of these redneck towns paying these kids approximately 10% of what they could earn in the NFL because then they feel like they have ownership over these kids. I believe they’re getting forced to study for a ****** degree just so they can focus on football too.

The more I think about it the more ****ed I get. All it takes is one kid to get hurt and the boosters to show their true colors.

They're rolling and will be the odds on favorite for the title the next two seasons.

They are at the point where they are hand picking their kids anywhere in the country.
Clemson doesn’t get Watson in 2013 and we’re not having this conversation.
Not all dudes are must gets. But that one player changed that program

Clemson’s recruiting is really at another level. High 4-stars would be getting processed out if they accepted early commits

Advertisement
How about we win and beat Clemson In this decade so kids can remember that we are equal but more so we are better than them when we are rolling

You have to recruit well in order to win....

And we don’t recruit well enough to beat a team like Clemson. They would of put 90 on us last year. They straight up embarrassed us the last 2 times.

It all starts with recruiting. 2018 was a solid foundation, but 19 class was mediocre. You have to have solid classes for atleast 4-5 years to build serious depth and hope to get a Program changer like Deshaun Watson.

You have to recruit well in order to win....

And we don’t recruit well enough to beat a team like Clemson. They would of put 90 on us last year. They straight up embarrassed us the last 2 times.

It all starts with recruiting. 2018 was a solid foundation, but 19 class was mediocre. You have to have solid classes for atleast 4-5 years to build serious depth and hope to get a Program changer like Deshaun Watson.

How did Syracuse beat them?

Advertisement
Clemson doesn’t get Watson in 2013 and we’re not having this conversation.
Not all dudes are must gets. But that one player changed that program

Spot on. I’m not saying we would’ve been title contenders or anything like that, but i truly believe if we land Dalvin, we are in a much better place as a program than we are now

How did Syracuse beat them?
Injury to starting quarterback combined with that starting quarterback being much worse than Watson or Lawrence lol.
Just kidding tho. Anyone is beatable on a random day. Even Watson lost a game to Pitt and almost lost one to NC state I think. We need good play under center tho. Remember jt4 running wide for a touchdown and Malik missed him? Our O-Line has nothing for them either

Injury to starting quarterback combined with that starting quarterback being much worse than Watson or Lawrence lol.
Just kidding tho. Anyone is beatable on a random day. Even Watson lost a game to Pitt and almost lost one to NC state I think. We need good play under center tho. Remember jt4 running wide for a touchdown and Malik missed him? Our O-Line has nothing for them either

Look we might not be as deep as they are RIGHT NOW but we are talented enough to go toe to toe with them and win

/if Malik isn’t handicapping us

Advertisement
Clemson is at a different level now. Back before they were winning, when guys like Sammy Watkins went there, yeah, I think they did what every other SEC school was doing (and F$U and Clemson count in that group) and bought talent. I don't think they need to do that any more with the juggernaut Dabo has put together.

We're not beating Clemson or Bama or even Taint overnight. If all the chips fall the right way, we may be able to claw our way into the Top 10 this year. With lots of luck, we could even back into a BCS playoff game like we almost did in 2017. But to become a dominant team again, we need to beat everyone else in the ACC and pop off overrated OOC teams like the Gators first. Do that a couple seasons in a row, and a lot of kids will start staying home.

Spot on. I’m not saying we would’ve been title contenders or anything like that, but i truly believe if we land Dalvin, we are in a much better place as a program than we are now
There are a lot of variables that determine success.
Timing and luck Are 2 of them.
Many have pointed out that uga may have gone on a run with cmr if the playoffs were around when he faced bama in the sec champ game. Maybe and Maybe not.
Imagine if teddy B ends up at the U.
Would’ve could’ve.
But Clemson did get the Guy And now they have the other guy.
We get a 1st round qb talent and it changes the coarse of this program. Too much talent on this team right now and the 3 guys competing for that spot can be the difference in what happens to this team the next 2 years. We have no choice at this point but to hope that the “must get guy” is already on campus.
Mayfield and Murray don’t land at the sooners
And no one give a sht about their coach at all.
Just like no one gave 2 shts about dabo before Watson.

Advertisement
Back