Players using The U for other offers

Dabo has put together a monster that's built to last,

They routinely have first day and first round players stay for their senior seasons, their facilities are top notch, the develop their players as well as anyone and their coaches are loyal as ****. Bama kids look like mercinaries out there while Clemson's players look like a tight knit amily that plays for each other.

Their culture is off the charts in today's game.

Watson was a heck of a player but this program was headed for greatness either way. Look at how teams like Auburn with Cam, Florida with Tebow and FSU with WInston ****ed away all their momentum while Clemson just kept building this thing into the juggernaut it's become.

Advertisement
You're insane if you really believe that.
We are a QBs away from competing with them.
Not necessarily winning every game or anything like that. But a very good QBs makes those games very tough for those teams. I keep posting today about Watson. But Clemson had Nothing in 2014 and had to outscore Clemson with Watson. They recruited outside the top 10 even when they landed him. And those teams didn’t exactly pump out nfl dudes at the rate to go 500 against bama in the playoffs.
To put it in perspective the suckeyes gleaned dabo’s clock in terms of recruiting during that time.
But they didn’t have a qb with a sht.
Look what crab legs did to FSU.
Joyful that Jimbo fugged it up for them.

Last edited:

They routinely have first day and first round players stay for their senior seasons, their facilities are top notch, the develop their players as well as anyone and their coaches are loyal as ****. Bama kids look like mercinaries out there while Clemson's players look like a tight knit amily that plays for each other.

Watson was a heck of a player but this program was headed for greatness either way. Look at how teams like Auburn with Cam, Florida with Tebow and FSU with WInston ****ed away all their momentum while Clemson just kept building this thing into the juggernaut it's become.
dude clemson flashes mad paper cutt that they play for each other stuff out, them dudes flash cash big time. They been doing it for awhile, after Winston and FSU were bodying them they upped there bag game.

Not necessarily winning every game or anything like that. But a very good QBs makes those games very tough for those teams. I keep posting today about Watson. But Clemson had Nothing in 2014 and had to outscore Clemson with Watson. They recruited outside the top 10 even when they landed him. And those teams didn’t exactly pump out nfl dudes at the rate to go 500 against bama in the playoffs.
To put it in perspective the suckeyes gleaned dabo’s clock in terms of recruiting during that time.

They are 55-5 in their last five seasons, just beat #1 Bama and #3 ND by a combined score of 77-19 and are returning perhaps the best QB prospect we've seen in 30 years.

And Lawrence only had about seven starts under his belt when they did this. Just imagine how good he's going to be after 15, 20 or 30 starts.

Sorry but we aren't there yet. Not even close.

Advertisement
They are 55-5 in their last five seasons, just beat #1 Bama and #3 ND by a combined score of 77-19 and are returning perhaps the best QB prospect we've seen in 30 years.

And Lawrence only had about seven starts under his belt when they did this. Just imagine how good he's going to be after 15, 20 or 30 starts.

Sorry but we aren't there yet. Not even close.
If you can score pints you can keep it close.
Oklahoma did it last year to uga and they did it to bama in 2015. You keep it close by scoring.
Clemson wasn’t stopping bama from rushing in 2015 and neither was Oklahoma stopping uga last year.
But it made them respectable and attractive to kids.
We go the acc game and lose to Clemson 53-45 and mf’ers ain’t talking that sht.
No one is saying anything bad about Oklahoma last year and no one had nothing bad to say about Clemson in 2015.
We actually were beating Clemson in some of the recruiting rankings up to that point.
A first round qb talent washes away a lot of stink on the field.

Look what crab legs did to FSU.
Joyful that Jimbo fugged it up for them.

Lol we are a 500 ball club who might pop 8-9 wins every 4 years.

This is a complete rebuild for Manny.

We have RB, TE, DTs and DEs. Other then that we have holes all over this team. Razor thin depth and too many crucial positions

Players need to be redshirted and developed.

Advertisement
Lol we are a 500 ball club who might pop 8-9 wins every 4 years.

This is a complete rebuild for Manny.

We have RB, TE, DTs and DEs. Other then that we have holes all over this team. Razor thin depth and too many crucial positions

Players need to be redshirted and developed.
Put 2015 Watson in this team and what do you have? I doubt it’s only 2 more wins. We were bowl eligible last year with that abortion on offenses and qb plays

View attachment 83091

Felt the need to post this in its own thread despite it being related to Tennison.

I thought there needs to be a legit discussion about how to go about this widespread problem we've been hamstrung with for the better part of a decade.

Would love to hear what guys like Dee, Macho, and others have to say as well.
I don’t think it’s kids “using” the offer to gain others. More of there are offers like bama and Clemson that are in the minds of these kids are better than ours. And rightfully so from the standpoint of who is on top. Simple as that.
Don’t get offended by it. If I was a prospect with no fan ties to the U and bama or Clemson came calling, I’d have to think twice too. Tbh I’d probably decommit so at least I show respect to the Miami coaching staff by letting them know I have 2nd thoughts...think about it if you were a kid and you committed to let’s say Tennessee. And Miami or what ever schools are the apple of your eye offered and turned up the the effort, wouldn’t you have 2nd thoughts

Last edited:

Don’t forget UF had Cam first. He was a backup to Tebow. Had he not got in trouble over a stolen laptop (?) he would have succeeded Tebow in Meyer’s offense. Urban stays longer, maybe wins another NC or 2, and rolls like Saban, and never coaches as OSU.

FSU got lucky with Winston. They haven’t recruited a decent QB since Winston left.

Advertisement
Y’all are forgetting the most important reason Clemson is a force and will continue to be one, aside from putting up big money for top kids. It’s the continuity on their staff. Not to mention how good of a staff they have. Y’all really think if Venables wasn’t such a weird dude they wouldn’t have fallen off a little and had those guys leave early when he bounced? Say whatever you want about “culture,” but when you’ve already won a ring, your coach leaves, and you’re gonna be a 1st round pick, you’re gone. And that’s if he would’ve made it this long. More than likely he would’ve been outta there with a head job after 15 or 16. Chad Morris is the only guy worth anything they’ve ever lost, and his replacement was already being groomed and knew the system.

Clemson is at a different level now. Back before they were winning, when guys like Sammy Watkins went there, yeah, I think they did what every other SEC school was doing (and F$U and Clemson count in that group) and bought talent. I don't think they need to do that any more with the juggernaut Dabo has put together.

We're not beating Clemson or Bama or even Taint overnight. If all the chips fall the right way, we may be able to claw our way into the Top 10 this year. With lots of luck, we could even back into a BCS playoff game like we almost did in 2017. But to become a dominant team again, we need to beat everyone else in the ACC and pop off overrated OOC teams like the Gators first. Do that a couple seasons in a row, and a lot of kids will start staying home.
Honestly, 9-3 and the Coastal would be a realistic win for Manny year 1. I do believe in what Manny is doing, but this isn't going to be 1 one year turnaround like a lot of us thought when Richt came in. We have a bad habit of overestimating the talent on our roster. O Line is bad. Can't win big without a solid O Line. Depth all-around is also shaky, except for WR.

Either have to win big (and often) or open the checkbook. At the highest level, you do both.

Advertisement
We have a bad habit of overestimating the talent on our roster.

Encouraged by some on here.

Not to bust on DMoney, but we were discussing our talent level before the LSU game last year and he kept telling me how we had as much talent, if not more, than a LSU.

I kept asking him, how can that be, if class rankings mean anything at all, they out-recruited us the last 5-6 years by a significant margin. Therefore, by definition, they must have more talent on the roster. But, I don’t remember what it was, he had some type of an argument back at that.

Encouraged by some on here.

Not to bust on DMoney, but we were discussing our talent level before the LSU game last year and he kept telling me how we had as much talent, if not more, than a LSU.

I kept asking him, how can that be, if class rankings mean anything at all, they out-recruited us the last 5-6 years by a significant margin. Therefore, by definition, they must have more talent on the roster. But, I don’t remember what it was, he had some type of an argument back at that.

I have never drank more KOOLAIDE then before the LSU game it was like being in a daze yet your not confused your in a bobble head world of denial an addictive state of taking it all in.

OCCC I was probably in that group.........NO I WAS... now my head is clear eyes wide open,good point this post keeps me in reality.

GOCANES

Y’all are forgetting the most important reason Clemson is a force and will continue to be one, aside from putting up big money for top kids. It’s the continuity on their staff. Not to mention how good of a staff they have. Y’all really think if Venables wasn’t such a weird dude they wouldn’t have fallen off a little and had those guys leave early when he bounced? Say whatever you want about “culture,” but when you’ve already won a ring, your coach leaves, and you’re gonna be a 1st round pick, you’re gone. And that’s if he would’ve made it this long. More than likely he would’ve been outta there with a head job after 15 or 16. Chad Morris is the only guy worth anything they’ve ever lost, and his replacement was already being groomed and knew the system.
And don't forget the continuity they have had with their players staying. Last year they had three seniors just on the defensive line stay that extra year (21 total scholarship seniors). That helps with winning, continuity, recruiting and development of younger guys coming up.
One other thing, if you watched their spring game on ESPN this past weekend, Dabo is the real deal, they had alum coming back to watch the spring game, and Dabo was worried more about their families, how they are doing and "Are you Saving Money", those are the question he asked his former players. Now that could be just BS, but for a recruit to see that or hear that, its means something to see a current NFL player at one of their spring games and the coach asking about the family and r u saving money.

Advertisement
Back