Players using The U for other offers

You have to recruit well in order to win....

And we don’t recruit well enough to beat a team like Clemson. They would of put 90 on us last year. They straight up embarrassed us the last 2 times.

It all starts with recruiting. 2018 was a solid foundation, but 19 class was mediocre. You have to have solid classes for atleast 4-5 years to build serious depth and hope to get a Program changer like Deshaun Watson.
Yet they lost to Syracuse in 17 and almost lost to them last year as well. Explain.

Advertisement
View attachment 83091

Felt the need to post this in its own thread despite it being related to Tennison.

I thought there needs to be a legit discussion about how to go about this widespread problem we've been hamstrung with for the better part of a decade.

Would love to hear what guys like Dee, Macho, and others have to say as well.
Honestly brother it just gets back to establishing value in our own offers again. We cant alter the way we put offers out in large part because I'd hope were only offering kids we've done our due diligence on. But that's where people like cooney, Baez & DeMarcus come in. They need to be more thorough in their research of them beforehand. Before I got drafted my gm told me how i had to account for several issues. It was things from a shop lifting of a bottle of tylenol when I was 11 years old & two fights I had my freshman year of highschool. One with a teacher the other with 4 kids who tried to jump me. But he didnt just want an explanation of anything. He wanted to see accountability & for me to break down the reasons behind each incident. Told my family if he was gonna change our lives they wanted to be sure I wouldnt make them regret it. Alonzo and I still speak about the things that go into drafting and free agency. Now obviously we cant delve so far into it. But nothing wrong with establishing a kids character and understanding their motivation before we take a stance on them. Also you have to realize we as a program arent anywhere close to where the kids we offer should be able to use us as a way to kick off their recruitment. As a national program most big recruits and big programs arent looking at us at all in that capacity right now. Only kids able to do that are the reaches of the world.

You have to recruit well in order to win....

And we don’t recruit well enough to beat a team like Clemson. They would of put 90 on us last year. They straight up embarrassed us the last 2 times.

It all starts with recruiting. 2018 was a solid foundation, but 19 class was mediocre. You have to have solid classes for atleast 4-5 years to build serious depth and hope to get a Program changer like Deshaun Watson.
I dont understand why people use this as a measuring stick to how you're gonna be able to compete game in and game out. For me it really comes down to being misled. Recruiting well and recruit rankings have nothing at all to do with each other. Rankings are solely for the fans. It's a way to keep a revenue stream and interest intact year around. Reality is our success has never been tied to rankings. It's been tied to a certain type of individual. Their character and their drive. It's been tied to our coaches being able to take the kids we really believe in and being able to coach us up to where all we wanna do is eat. Kill anything on the other side of the ball. It honestly takes a chip to really invest in it. All this prima Donna **** yall gotta stop with. #1 Clemson and anyone else has not been SO much more talented than us where we should approach any game saying we dont have a shot. We haven't had a shot because our coaches have had a mentality of fear. They've been beat mentally and physically before they even step on the field. Very similar to that **** fruitcake in waterboy. We've gone into these big national games with an inferior approach and it showed. We've had a qb coach who isnt qualified to hand out towels let alone coach our most important position up. No one wanted to hear that then but now here we are. Hindsight is a mutha****er. How do you think the boise states of the world have excelled for so long. Just the same way the players need to step up so do coaches. I have my questions on this staff. But it doesnt pertain to the offense as a whole anymore. Either way I'll never look at any team in America and say they'd gun smoke us. That's a losers mentality and I wont never adapt to that and neither should yall.

So you don’t think we have a chance against Clemson?

Even though our blue chip ratio is above 50%? Lol

You can talk ratios all you want, but if you can't see the talent, depth, development and cultural gap between these two teams, then you just aren't watching the games.

Hopefully Clemson and Georgia break the system and allow these kids to get paid wherever they go.

I’m not a fan of these redneck towns paying these kids approximately 10% of what they could earn in the NFL because then they feel like they have ownership over these kids. I believe they’re getting forced to study for a ****** degree just so they can focus on football too.

The more I think about it the more ****ed I get. All it takes is one kid to get hurt and the boosters to show their true colors.

How does that help Miami? We will not even offer minimum wage. Bama already payed 6 digits. Once it is legal they will outbid all but UT.

Advertisement
Y’all are forgetting the most important reason Clemson is a force and will continue to be one, aside from putting up big money for top kids. It’s the continuity on their staff. Not to mention how good of a staff they have. Y’all really think if Venables wasn’t such a weird dude they wouldn’t have fallen off a little and had those guys leave early when he bounced? Say whatever you want about “culture,” but when you’ve already won a ring, your coach leaves, and you’re gonna be a 1st round pick, you’re gone. And that’s if he would’ve made it this long. More than likely he would’ve been outta there with a head job after 15 or 16. Chad Morris is the only guy worth anything they’ve ever lost, and his replacement was already being groomed and knew the system.
honestly i think francios was pretty good pre injury his line just made him look bad

Miami’s perception has to improve and that comes with winning. Before 2017 Miami didn’t have a 10 win season since what 04? These kids don’t know the Miami we grew up with, they only know the one that has been mediocre for much of the 2000s (Shannon/golden years and to a lesser extent richt) outside of those early 2000 years

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clemson doesn’t get Watson in 2013 and we’re not having this conversation.
Not all dudes are must gets. But that one player changed that program

All a snowball effect from there. Dabo took the calculated risk in the right spot, unlike Hugh Freeze for example. Away from the $EC West, he took the 2007 Saban and booster blueprint and put it into effect.

Watson helped get it started, now they are reaping the benefits of laying out all of that cash we saw so many Clem$on recruits sporting for so many years. Facilities are much better and kids now want to go there to "also" play for championships.

Last edited:
All a snowball effect from there. Dani took the calculated risk in the right spot, unlike Hugh Freeze for example. Away from the $EC West, be took the 2007 Saban and booster blueprint and put it into effect.

Watson helped get it started, now they are reaping the benefits of laying out all of that cash we saw so many Clem$on recruits sporting for so many years. Facilities are much better and kids now want to go there to "also" play for championships.
This is what I’m getting at exactly. He ran off a few good seasons before he got Watson. Watson put them over the edge.

We need a generational QB. We have talent at the skill positions and our defensive scheme is elite with the talent. Without that QB, we can’t compete with the elite teams.

To me that's what it's all about in both college and the NFL if you don't have a QB nothing else really matters. We need to get back to recruiting and developing the right guys at that position...get back to quarterbackU

I dont understand why people use this as a measuring stick to how you're gonna be able to compete game in and game out. For me it really comes down to being misled. Recruiting well and recruit rankings have nothing at all to do with each other. Rankings are solely for the fans. It's a way to keep a revenue stream and interest intact year around. Reality is our success has never been tied to rankings. It's been tied to a certain type of individual. Their character and their drive. It's been tied to our coaches being able to take the kids we really believe in and being able to coach us up to where all we wanna do is eat. Kill anything on the other side of the ball. It honestly takes a chip to really invest in it. All this prima Donna **** yall gotta stop with. #1 Clemson and anyone else has not been SO much more talented than us where we should approach any game saying we dont have a shot. We haven't had a shot because our coaches have had a mentality of fear. They've been beat mentally and physically before they even step on the field. Very similar to that **** fruitcake in waterboy. We've gone into these big national games with an inferior approach and it showed. We've had a qb coach who isnt qualified to hand out towels let alone coach our most important position up. No one wanted to hear that then but now here we are. Hindsight is a mutha****er. How do you think the boise states of the world have excelled for so long. Just the same way the players need to step up so do coaches. I have my questions on this staff. But it doesnt pertain to the offense as a whole anymore. Either way I'll never look at any team in America and say they'd gun smoke us. That's a losers mentality and I wont never adapt to that and neither should yall.

THIS THIS AND THEN SOME MORE OF THIS!! It's about evaluation and coaching!!

To all the nut huggers of recruiting rankings and star lovers. And please don't take this thread now into that argument again....thought it probably will.

The difference between the supposed "elite" recruits and those you deem "not elite" is miniscule especially when you take into account our fertile recruiting grounds and the athletic talent we have access to regardless of "stars".

TO REITERATE IT IS ABOUT EVALUATION AND COACHING NOT RANKINGS!

Also we are 5 days away from G.....O.....T......

Advertisement
We need a generational QB. We have talent at the skill positions and our defensive scheme is elite with the talent. Without that QB, we can’t compete with the elite teams.
We dont need some world beater. We just need a competitive leader who's competent at the position. With the weapons we have we just need a kid who can accurately spread the ball around. It's not rocket science. Our best QBs have been exactly this. Three generational QBs we ever had and hindsight tells you how that went. That's kyle,kenny & brock... nough said.

How did Syracuse beat them?

Ever hear the term "The ball was just dropping for them" Thats what happened Syracuse showed up and exploited the Clemson Zone defense and the Clemson offense didnt even show up

Advertisement
We dont need some world beater. We just need a competitive leader who's competent at the position. With the weapons we have we just need a kid who can accurately spread the ball around. It's not rocket science. Our best QBs have been exactly this. Three generational QBs we ever had and hindsight tells you how that went. That's kyle,kenny & brock... nough said.
Agree to disagree. If you get the Watson’s or Trevor Lawrence, they can beat the Bama’s with their talent because they can overcome mistakes

How does that help Miami? We will not even offer minimum wage. Bama already payed 6 digits. Once it is legal they will outbid all but UT.
I believe the average bidding is 50,000 to 80,000. That’s what it sounds like. They are offering that much Because that's what they think the recruit is worth. Just because it is legal doesn’t mean the value of the recruit would go up. There is too much turnover on a CFB roster for them just to be giving out 6 figures for 15 recruits each cycle.

As far as Miami goes we raised 34,000,000 for a new IPF. If we used half of that we could offer 212 recruits 80,000. If we offered 15 recruits per cycle 80,000 we could afford to do it for 14 seasons.

I know it is not this simple. I just want to prove that the capability is there.

Agree to disagree. If you get the Watson’s or Trevor Lawrence, they can beat the Bama’s with their talent because they can overcome mistakes
And you can say that because of the talent they are surrounded by. Sunshine was my nephews starting qb at the opening and the guy was blowing wreck right and left. All 3 of the QBs I mentioned had far more hype than Watson and just as much if not more in each instance than sunshine as well. What do you really feel individually sorts one of these supposed elite QBs out from the other. Think back if you're into football and recruiting like that how many of these generational QBs have actually made a big difference. How many of them went on to star because of their talents? Very few and far between. Kyle was the #1 player in the country and won every award ever in high school. Was said to be best thing since sliced bread... what did we win with him here? I'll wait. Kenny Kelly same exact situation. First team all American and national player of the year in three different sports he was such a freak of nature. Sounds generational enough right... what did he win here? Waiting. Brock Berlin. Again same situation. Set Louisiana on fire he was such a terror
Again I'm waiting..
That's the same exact scenario for 9 out of ten 5 star generational qbs all around college football. When's the last qb like that bama had or dam near any other national champ for as long as I can remember & before you say tua just please take a deep breath.

Advertisement
Back