Players using The U for other offers

I believe the average bidding is 50,000 to 80,000. That’s what it sounds like. They are offering that much Because that's what they think the recruit is worth. Just because it is legal doesn’t mean the value of the recruit would go up. There is too much turnover on a CFB roster for them just to be giving out 6 figures for 15 recruits each cycle.

As far as Miami goes we raised 34,000,000 for a new IPF. If we used half of that we could offer 212 recruits 80,000. If we offered 15 recruits per cycle 80,000 we could afford to do it for 14 seasons.

I know it is not this simple. I just want to prove that the capability is there.

Its not Legal at all, not even close

Advertisement
You can talk ratios all you want, but if you can't see the talent, depth, development and cultural gap between these two teams, then you just aren't watching the games.

This team has enough talent to beat Clemson... can they do it 2 or 3 times in a row? Probably not but we can compete with anyone if we just maximize our talent

Ever hear the term "The ball was just dropping for them" Thats what happened Syracuse showed up and exploited the Clemson Zone defense and the Clemson offense didnt even show up

Ah so your saying just attack the weakness of your opponent after film study while maximizing the talent of your roster putting the ball in your best players hands can help you beat a good/great team?

Wow thats crazy!

Injury to starting quarterback combined with that starting quarterback being much worse than Watson or Lawrence lol.
Just kidding tho. Anyone is beatable on a random day. Even Watson lost a game to Pitt and almost lost one to NC state I think. We need good play under center tho. Remember jt4 running wide for a touchdown and Malik missed him? Our O-Line has nothing for them either
Should have lost to NC State in 2016. NC State missed a chip shot field goal that would have won the game in regulation. Wound up losing in OT. Funny thing is, if NC State wins that game, Clemson winds up with 2 losses and doesn't make the playoffs.

Last edited:
They're in high school, they belong to no one, until they sign, and not with the portal even that's temporary

Advertisement
I believe the average bidding is 50,000 to 80,000. That’s what it sounds like. They are offering that much Because that's what they think the recruit is worth. Just because it is legal doesn’t mean the value of the recruit would go up. There is too much turnover on a CFB roster for them just to be giving out 6 figures for 15 recruits each cycle.

As far as Miami goes we raised 34,000,000 for a new IPF. If we used half of that we could offer 212 recruits 80,000. If we offered 15 recruits per cycle 80,000 we could afford to do it for 14 seasons.

I know it is not this simple. I just want to prove that the capability is there.

You knew to the University of Miami? This adminstration is cheap as they come. They spend only in face of burning fires and then only for small buckets. They do not care about sustained winning, only sustained cash flows.

You knew to the University of Miami? This adminstration is cheap as they come. They spend only in face of burning fires and then only for small buckets. They do not care about sustained winning, only sustained cash flows.
Been following since 02. They have made a few cheap hires in that time. But since Shalala left it seems different still somewhat cheap but it seems like they want to be good enough

Been following since 02. They have made a few cheap hires in that time. But since Shalala left it seems different still somewhat cheap but it seems like they want to be good enough

They spent on Mark because our banner offensive embarrassed that crap out of them and the nearly complete fan-base rebellion scared them. Mark had leverage and use some of it to spring some money loose(Golden got some extra for assistants because of the scandal too). Unfortunately neither were good enough to make use of it. Mark was still a safe easy hire for them, and so was Manny. I go way back with these mothers and they are cheap to the bone except for themselves.

Howard was actually the biggest and best move they made and it was a last gasp before they folded the program. He came with fantastic resume, fame and success and at the time he got paid fairly big. They screwed with him later and that was the real reason he left.

JJ begged the job when Sam asked his opinion. Dennis was decent hire but at that moment we were the hottest thing going and he was hardly a swing for the fences. By the time he left, Butch was the only one who would take the job. I doubt they realized what they had in him but it turned to gold. Since then, every hire was an easy one, Coker, Randy, Al, Mark and now Manny, and they only spent on stupid contract extensions when firing was probably the right thing to consider. They are lazy and do not like the hard work of finding and hiring real coaches.

All that said, you can argue they have spread a little more green lately. But If we did and analysis, I bet our increases are much smaller than everyone else. The income is bloated everywhere so more spending is common.

Advertisement
LOL. Did you see? Kentucky just got a 4 star DT commit yesterday. Seems as if we get one 4 star DT commit every 5 years.
Kentucky is in the SEC and they've been playing better on the field and early in recruiting. The goal is for them to hold on to that 4* once other teams press.

We on the other hand need to improve our recruiting efforts and casting a wider net like the staff is doing now will indeed improve things. That and winning on the field. I think Manny will win. Once we win they will come. Once we are consistently battling for the ACCCG and in the mix for playoffs we will be able to have our pick of the litter.

Advertisement
Got it we are terrible team that should be happy with 8 wins
It is somewhere in the middle. We have a top 10 talented team in the Country but are deficient on the OL and QB (until shown otherwise). We are also paper thin at LB & CB. We are getting there, but still have a ways to go. On a positive note, once we get the offensive scheme down we will actually have an advantage opposed to relying on talent alone to get in the end zone.

And you can say that because of the talent they are surrounded by. Sunshine was my nephews starting qb at the opening and the guy was blowing wreck right and left. All 3 of the QBs I mentioned had far more hype than Watson and just as much if not more in each instance than sunshine as well. What do you really feel individually sorts one of these supposed elite QBs out from the other. Think back if you're into football and recruiting like that how many of these generational QBs have actually made a big difference. How many of them went on to star because of their talents? Very few and far between. Kyle was the #1 player in the country and won every award ever in high school. Was said to be best thing since sliced bread... what did we win with him here? I'll wait. Kenny Kelly same exact situation. First team all American and national player of the year in three different sports he was such a freak of nature. Sounds generational enough right... what did he win here? Waiting. Brock Berlin. Again same situation. Set Louisiana on fire he was such a terror
Again I'm waiting..
That's the same exact scenario for 9 out of ten 5 star generational qbs all around college football. When's the last qb like that bama had or dam near any other national champ for as long as I can remember & before you say tua just please take a deep breath.
Rick Mirer was the man..... until he went to College.

It's a cycle.

Clemson is having their run, Alabama is Alabama, and in years past - Notre Dame had their runs on talent and success, Texas was rolling for a while, Ohio State had a few runs for years, Oklahoma and Nebraska had their turn being on top for a few years - until they'd play the Giant Killer teams of Miami.

Everything changes though.

UM cheaped out with Butch - and there went our strength - and it's going to be a struggle - just like Schnellenberger and Butch went through - to fight through the hard times and claw our way to the top.

We never did get all the top targets we wanted - but we did manage to get to the top - just like Clemson - without a team of bought and paid for five stars.

We start winning - and having fun doing it - while putting on a show like we used to - we'll be able to stock the pantry. We just haven't shown any consistency in a long, long time.

Like it or not - we're like Notre Dame in that our glory days past have no influence on today's top players - and we're going to have to earn that respect all over again.

Now, if we start winning - hopefully UM won't cheap out like they did with Butch and his crew.

Advertisement
Rick Mirer was the man..... until he went to College.
Notre dame is the poster child for supposed generational QBs gone bad. All the wasted talent they've ran through. The clausens especially. **** look at fsu with Dan kendra... he ended up so ****** they switched him to fullback 2 years in. Became more known for painting himself green like the hulk and raping chicks around campus then he ever did for football... hackenberg at pedo state... on & on we can go. Reality is QBs arent generational unless everything is on point around them. From o.c. to scheme to weapons to his line... facts.

Advertisement
Back