Players social media (regarding fans)........

Advertisement
I’m not sure how many of you guys do this, but DM’ing players & voicing your opinions to them isn’t a good look at all (IMO). Not sure what the board’s opinion is on this, but I think it’s completely inappropriate for fans to “DM” players. (For example) kids are on Spring Break right now and we have fans DM’ing players that they should be back on campus “studying” instead of enjoying their break.

What are your guys thoughts on this?
Creepy af.

they should probably not be on social media so much, then they would not care. Unfortunately, it's the world we live in.

Advertisement
How are these random fans able to dm players ? You can’t dm anyone unless you’re following them and they’re following you back on Twitter ....I think it’s the same for instagram

I don't even follow any players let alone try to message them. The whole idea sounds like stuff teenage girls would do.

That said...You have a public social media profile that allows every tom, **** and harry to follow you and contact you, you've got to expect people some weird **** to happen. Part of making your life a public display is that you're inviting people's opinions on your personal life.

Advertisement
Agreed they should not be DM'ing players AT ALL..... From what Ive seen and heard from a few that I know these kids have been working their tail off since Manny took over. Sometimes you need that "little break" to get your mind and body right just before they start spring ball where they will be 100% focused on what their doing.

I will add this.... there is a lot of "dummy" accounts out there posing as Canes fans when infact they are not. SO it wouldn't surprise me one bit If some of these were not our fans at all.

If I ever met one in person, I'd congratulate them and wish them well in their endeavors. They are part of the family, after all.

I don't think its neccessarily creepy, but its how and what you say in that DM. For example, after that Notre Dame game, what would be wrong with: "Hey Bandy, was watching the game at Hard Rock. Great interception and congrats for kicking that Irish ***. Keep up the good work." -TerragonSix

I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
I’m not sure how many of you guys do this, but DM’ing players & voicing your opinions to them isn’t a good look at all (IMO). Not sure what the board’s opinion is on this, but I think it’s completely inappropriate for fans to “DM” players. (For example) kids are on Spring Break right now and we have fans DM’ing players that they should be back on campus “studying” instead of enjoying their break.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that any adult who has the time to dm players about what they should be doing is obviously not doing what they should be doing.

I was going to do the same thing (small world), but instead, I spent the time sorting my extensive collection of toasted bread from around the world.

I'll be over later so we can continue that debate about the slightly burned piece you picked up from Kuala Lumpur. I know it's safer to say that it's Jim Morrison's likeness on it but I'm still saying it's Jesus.

Advertisement
I never DM’ed any players but they want ALL the praise and not the ALL that so called smoke when they go 7-6, Realus and Dallas are the biggest Twitter front runners I’ve ever seen

The ****’s takin’in the most **** on twitter are the offensive players

Sounds like some obsessive slave owner mentality **** to me. It’s cringeworthy to me when a grown *** man is following a teenager on twitter and obsessing about their every move. These kids put their body and well being on the line for your entertainment, let them enjoy what little free time they have.

There's many layers to this issue.

First and foremost, no fans should be Dm'ing players period.

That being said, when anyone creates a social media account, one has to expect to get unwanted or unsolicited messages. It's the nature of the beast. Especially if that person is a football player at a high profile university. There are ways to block or prevent messages from ever arriving.

I would also venture to say that some of the DM's may be coming from people that are not Canes and it might be difficult to discern otherwise.

Advertisement
Back