Players social media (regarding fans)........

I’m not sure how many of you guys do this, but DM’ing players & voicing your opinions to them isn’t a good look at all (IMO). Not sure what the board’s opinion is on this, but I think it’s completely inappropriate for fans to “DM” players. (For example) kids are on Spring Break right now and we have fans DM’ing players that they should be back on campus “studying” instead of enjoying their break.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Creep status. Agreed

Advertisement
I’m not sure how many of you guys do this, but DM’ing players & voicing your opinions to them isn’t a good look at all (IMO). Not sure what the board’s opinion is on this, but I think it’s completely inappropriate for fans to “DM” players. (For example) kids are on Spring Break right now and we have fans DM’ing players that they should be back on campus “studying” instead of enjoying their break.

Grown adults DMing random teenagers that they don't know is weird to me.

That said, I'm sure this **** happens EVERYWHERE.

I never @ the player if I have anything critical to say

Advertisement
Those fans need to get a life. But I mean, don't you expect crazy people to DM you when you're in a publicly visible position as they are? If it's really that damaging send those losers over to KKK schools to pose as their fans telling them to put the beer down and stop taking bags.

Nothing wrong with giving young men good advice or wishing them luck. Just do it respectfully and tactfully.

I try to give young men good advice in my travels across America.

I don't DM players just because out of a 1000 things I need to do in my 80-90 hour work week, I don't have time in my life for that.

I'll start with this. I fully agree with your premise. People should not be contacting players/recruits like that. It's not a bad look. It's a HORRIBLE look. But people seriously suck. That isn't gonna stop anytime soon.

No one can control social media. The whole thing is an unmitigated disaster.

A couple more thoughts.

They chose to be on Social Media, right? This doesn't apply to all, but IMO the whole promoting their "brand", "respect my decision", "top 15 teams list" attitude as recruits just sets them up. You wanna be a celebrity and "up your followers", but you can't deal with the negative.

They all want to go to the league right? Get used to fans heckling. Again, social media creates an obviously larger opportunity for fans to voice opinions. Feelings hurt? Get off social media or develop thicker skin.

Oh, and they are 18-22 years old. They aren't young. They just lack life experience. I've had more than a few friends that age who gave their lives for their country without a second thought. Truly amazing what young people are capable of.

Life's tough, be tougher.

think this just about covers everything that needs to be said on this topic

I cringe at this. I'll admit I didn't think this could be a thing, but now that you're mentioning it, it gives me second hand embarrassment as a fan. Really hope the players are able to block this nonsense out both in the app and mentally.

Advertisement
Why is anyone surprised?
I mean, check out some of the posts on this board where people are sharing tweets from players pertaining to their personal issues?
This. I don’t give a **** what N’Kosi Perry or DJ Dallas is doing in their spare time. Bunch of creepasses on this board and out there in the world.

Advertisement

Creepy as ****

I follow them to watch the trash talk. I will never comment on their stuff or send them a message. Now their hot sisters or moms Im sliding in.

Advertisement

It's ridiculous. To be honest, if I were in a position to advise these kids, I would tell them all to make their profiles private. Can't just have random fans watching your every move and have the ability to communicate with you directly.

Any opinion other than "don't DM kids" is the wrong opinion.

Advertisement
Back