Players returning

Advertisement
They were able to lift him?
Looks like Chase Smith and Jabari Ishmael. The true evidence of Feeley's work.

gettyimages-1354929388-1024x1024.jpg

Advertisement
The only ones actually getting drafted are Rambo and Stevenson. I’d say Hedley has a good chance of finding a team but punters aren’t often drafted. Nobody is drafting any of the other guys on that list besides maybe a 7th round flier on Bolden or Silvera.
One punter was drafted last year (from GT) and he is having a terrible season. Its such a head game with kickers/punters.. you may need a good kicker on your roster but the transition from college to pro seems to fvk with kickers/punters.

Advertisement
Bolden would be the best DB on the team? Really? Frierson is a LB?
Frierson was technically an OLB in Diaz's scheme. Are we gonna split hairs here? Am I wrong?
Bolden led the team in tackles in 2020 and finished 6th in tackles this season despite playing in just 7 games.
We get on him for taking atrocious angles and blowing tackles but the media types would hype him up again.

Frierson was technically an OLB in Diaz's scheme. Are we gonna split hairs here? Am I wrong?
Bolden led the team in tackles in 2020 and finished 6th in tackles this season despite playing in just 7 games.
We get on him for taking atrocious angles and blowing tackles but the media types would hype him up again.
What does media hype have to do with how good a player he is? Did Williams or Kichens similarly take atrocious angles and blow as many tackles?

Advertisement
What does media hype have to do with how good a player he is? Did Williams or Kichens similarly take atrocious angles and blow as many tackles?
Bubba regressed like just about everyone else but he was pretty dang good in 2020. His one full season he led the team in tackles and forced fumbles. 2nd team All-ACC.I like James, Avantae and Kam just fine and I do question Bolden's character a bit, but I'd be excited to have him back.

I mean I find it hard to believe Nesta, Bolden, Blades, or tyrique are coming back but I'm not as plugged in as most.

We have 3 safeties better than him; he won't see the field w/out senior privilege

Advertisement
One punter was drafted last year (from GT) and he is having a terrible season. Its such a head game with kickers/punters.. you may need a good kicker on your roster but the transition from college to pro seems to fvk with kickers/punters.
Odd that punters struggle. I may be wrong, but there doesn’t seem to be an emphasis on blocking punts in the NFL. Only 8 through 13 weeks the season, from an online stat source. Not sure how many total punts, but well over 1,500?

Kickers I can see as a far more mental struggle.

I would like to see the NCAA copy the NFL’s 35-yard PAT kick.

We absolutely need Stevenson and Nesta. Its a win win for both sides. 1 was by far our best CB, and the other one was starting to come on strong and is one of our top 2 DT. They can both increase their draft rankings assuming its a competent head coach. If Stevenson gets a 2-3 round grade I can see him leaving.

Rambo - great pick up but he'd be dumb to come back after the season that he had. He isn't going to get much faster or bigger and hard to imagine he'd have a better season statistically. This is his best shot.

Harris and Bolden - best to move on. They'd sit if they came back.

Scaife and Blades should come back. Due to lack of depth they may actually play and maybe make a difference. Right now, neither one will get drafted. Same for Frierson.

Hedley - luv the dude, but he's like 28. Time to move on and give see if he can play in the league.

The other guys, time to move on.
Scaife has no reason to leave most wanted this guy benched till later in the year and frierson played better last year then this year I'm not even sure if he will start next year

Advertisement
Back