Players returning

Rather early to be wondering who stays and who leaves:

Feb. 4, 2022

Any college player who has completed four years of college eligibility, as distinguished from those who had a redshirt year, will be considered eligible for the 2022 draft unless a player submits a request to not be considered for the draft to the league by Feb. 4, 2022

Not sure if that means those declaring now can change their minds, I assume so unless they hire an agent or has that changed?

Advertisement
I don't see the need for bolden to return and I think we may have guys on the team ready to start over frierson
Bolden, Frierson, Silvera were among the top 9 tacklers for 2021. Mario must work to have them return imo.

Bolden: was receiving 1st round buzz before this season, and it was determined that he'd been playing with a torn labrum. Competition at safety would be even better with him in the mix.

Frierson: splitting snaps with Carter held him back a bit, but if he got his body right he could be real good in 2022 at OLB.

Silvera: he's small but so is Aaron Donald. He'd go undrafted next year but could work himself into a 5th-6th round pick with 1 more year.

Bolden, Frierson, Silvera were among the top 9 tacklers for 2021. Mario must work to have them return imo.

Bolden: was receiving 1st round buzz before this season, and it was determined that he'd been playing with a torn labrum. Competition at safety would be even better with him in the mix.

Frierson: splitting snaps with Carter held him back a bit, but if he got his body right he could be real good in 2022 at OLB.

Silvera: he's small but so is Aaron Donald. He'd go undrafted next year but could work himself into a 5th-6th round pick with 1 more year.
Manny ruined gil and bubba like he did many other. Every kid who was under him 3-4 years regressed. It can’t be all the kids.

We already got guys in place that can do as much as bubba be silly to bring back in and **** a talented young guy off and have them portal out.plenty of talented safety's here we can use that open spot some where else.as far as Gilbert goes I think chase or even move keontra there and we may be better off.people on here been wondering if frierson was going to portal out last 2 years

Advertisement
We already got guys in place that can do as much as bubba be silly to bring back in and **** a talented young guy off and have them portal out.plenty of talented safety's here we can use that open spot some where else.as far as Gilbert goes I think chase or even move keontra there and we may be better off.people on here been wondering if frierson was going to portal out last 2 years
If Diaz was still the coach I'd agree but I'd like to see how they'd do under Cristobal. As of now none of them have much draft stock and that could change with a big year in 2022. I like Kam, Avantae, James at safety but inserting Bolden into that mix would elevate the competition and that would be a good thing. If it forces someone like Harrell, Balom or Washington to transfer then so be it.

Frierson is likely to be positionless in this defense next year. He's not athletic enough to play safety. I suppose he could bulk up and try to play LB.. But I don't think striker is necessarily gonna be a thing anymore.

If Bolden was receiving 1st round buzz, he requires an ear exam. Usually isn't a rush on safeties in the first round & don't see him as one of those rare exceptions.

Frierson is likely to be positionless in this defense next year. He's not athletic enough to play safety. I suppose he could bulk up and try to play LB.. But I don't think striker is necessarily gonna be a thing anymore.
Everyone has a striker but it's not called a striker - nickel, star, rover, striker.... same thing

Advertisement
Everyone has a striker but it's not called a striker - nickel, star, rover, striker.... same thing
Rover would have been the more appropriate name for Mannys defense. They roved all over the field but seldom to the right place. That position when used right probably one of the leading tacklers on team

Advertisement
Back