Players quit basically Manny said

I think everyone agrees that 62 points and 800 yards is never excusable, but you don't raise a banner in the rafters for playing in a NY6 bowl game. You don't beat UNC, beat your opponent in the Orange Bowl, and feel any better about being left out of the ACC title game and rightful shot at the CFP. This wasn't like playing UF in 2000, where there was a chance at finishing 1st in the AP Poll.

Saturday's game meant little to the people on the team who grinded for months, only to have their chance at playing for the ACC ripped out from under them by the their own conference. It's a pretty unique position for a team to find itself in. They showed up intending to win, but once things went south it was one big snowball of sadness and feeling sorry for themselves. Again, it does not excuse what happened but does help rationalize it somewhat if you're capable of putting yourself in someone else's cleats.
If anyone on this squad believed that they were going to play in the CFP this season, after going 6-7 with losses to FIU and LATech, I'm they sorry, they are delusional.

Going to a NY6 bowl would have been considered a resounding success. Especially with the way 2020 has gone AND the glaring shortcomings of this team. Plus all the talk of the so-called revenge tour of beating all the teams you lost to in 2019.

What happened Saturday starts with Manny. If he cannot communicate effectively how important it is for the University, the players and him that a win would have been, then it's his failure. Championship quality coaches lead.

The players are not excused either. What we witnessed is due to a lack of accountability and competition within the squad. Players are allowed to make repeated bonehead plays and there aren't any consequences. There is obvious favoritism towards the seniors which shows that either competition is not happening or that even if another player is better, they have to wait there turn. And we're left to watch subpar P5 football played by the football program.

Soft players and soft mentality is prevalent in the program. Players talking ish after giving up big plays.. Pulling on a face mask after the play..
What. The. Actual. ****

Have some pride as a football player, first and foremost. Getting in your feelings cause ish isn't going your way is a beta mentality. And it’s allowed by the HC

Advertisement
Macho all of that is true and perfectly valid. The problem begins and ends with Diaz and his "I'm not okay, you're not okay, but it's okay" nice guy culture. But even the staunchest Manure haters must admit that no team in America was dealt a worse hand than the one that got f-cked by the ACC allowing ND to play for the conference title. Maybe you could make a case for Indiana.

The deficiencies in effort, scheme, accountability were on display Saturday, and they festered under the surface this season, but we're not THAT (62 points, 800 yards) bad lol.

That was a team who felt wronged and for good reason imo. Miami took it right in the *** and instead of proving the world wrong they did the exact opposite, and that's the real shame of it. But forcing them to care about this game isn't a task I'd have wanted because really, why the **** would they care about playing in the OB when they should be going to Charlotte next week?

This is what Manny does best. Throw the kids under the bus. He never, ever takes responsibility, it is his foking job to have the kids ready. That’s what he gets paid to do. Perhaps the job is too big for him. BOTs need to start growing a pair and look to lure someone legit.

Imagine going into every season thinking this way, especially during a rebuilding period. LOL
YOU'D NEVER REBUILD!!!
This wasn't a rebuilding year. We won't have rebuilding years with Manny. He'll plug whatever holes he sees and go for it. This team believed they'd win, or at least play for the ACC title when the year began, and for a while it looked like it was going to happen....and then Trevor Lawrence got Covid.

This is what Manny does best. Throw the kids under the bus. He never, ever takes responsibility, it is his foking job to have the kids ready. That’s what he gets paid to do. Perhaps the job is too big for him. BOTs need to start growing a pair and look to lure someone legit.
I think he was defending them in this case, although I agree he's a coward who refuses to say "it's my fault and I suck."

Advertisement
Anything is better than the trash I saw Sat....I have never seen a UM team this bad at containing the Edge....
Honestly though, whether it's 3-4 or 4-3 is irrelevant. Those are just hands in the dirt. What really matters versus certain offenses is what techniques you have guyed lined up in, run fits, box numbers, etc etc etc.
If you wanna give Inside Zone fits, you line your 3-tech to the RB side...or give the offense two 4i's (Tite Front) like DC's are doing to Lashlee. And you can do this whether you're a 4-3 team or a 3-4 team. All the good college defenses employ Odd and Even fronts.
Problem is, our coaches lack the innovation to do so.

It's crazy to me how our defensive staff employs THE SAME EXACT DEFENSE versus every single opponent. There's never a change-up or wrinkle. It's amazing to me! It's like we just run our **** and hope it goes well versus EVERY offense.

I think he was defending them in this case, although I agree he's a coward who refuses to say "it's my fault and I suck."
Agree, but pathological blamers have a way of shifting the blame. Like a father who blames his kid’s lack of time for not having his homework ready, cause he had house chores to do. Parent has set priorities. Period.

Last edited:
They never showed up in the 1st place.

If they were so burnt out or butt hurt over not getting a bid to the ACCCG they should've canceled the game.

Fact is they **** the bed vs Clemson and got face ****ed by a UNC team that lost to ******* FSU.

Now all the excuses fly out there because this team got gapped and will be playing in a **** bowl again and will most likely get smoked in that.

Miss me with that "The players dreams were shattered when the ACCCG was out of reach" nonsense. That sh*t didn't happen. Now what? The entire team quit because their playoff hopes were crushed? Lol gtfoh. It's on the coaches to then shift the team's focus to finishing strong and winning the "meaningless" bowl game. It's not like the chance of beating a potential top 10 opponent would help in recruiting and improve the team's image...

Advertisement
I think everyone agrees that 62 points and 800 yards is never excusable, but you don't raise a banner in the rafters for playing in a NY6 bowl game. You don't beat UNC, beat your opponent in the Orange Bowl, and feel any better about being left out of the ACC title game and rightful shot at the CFP. This wasn't like playing UF in 2000, where there was a chance at finishing 1st in the AP Poll.

Saturday's game meant little to the people on the team who grinded for months, only to have their chance at playing for the ACC ripped out from under them by the their own conference. It's a pretty unique position for a team to find itself in. They showed up intending to win, but once things went south it was one big snowball of sadness and feeling sorry for themselves. Again, it does not excuse what happened but does help rationalize it somewhat if you're capable of putting yourself in someone else's cleats.
If there was only an event, let’s say this past Saturday, which the players and staff could have used to take out their frustration.

Was the defensive performance Sat abhorrent? No doubt. But I don’t believe taking into account all the things the team has been through this year is making excuses. It’s reality. We played 10 games when many teams didn’t play half that many and some didn’t play any.
Always remember FSU pussed out and ducked Clemson.

Advertisement
So you think it’s ok for a team to quit on its head coach two years in a row? So basically it’s ok that Manures has lost his team two years in a row. You know if you lose your team once, the odds of you getting them back are low, if you lose them twice then it’s a wrap and now just a matter of time. And I know he lost them by his players comments how they didn’t by into the dog**** game plan our
Novice coaches put in place for UNC with everything on the line.

Who said the player’s didn’t buy in? I want those quotes because that’s what that debacle Saturday looked like.

Players are smart and know when they are being hung out to dry. Goes a long way in explaining why they were so bad from the first snap.

Hate the 3-4 for what?

It's more flexible/versatile than the 4-3 and harder to block.

Miami doesn't even have 2 capable LBs. I shudder at the thought of having to put 4 on the field at the same time.

At that point, it's smarter to just onside kick after every TD. Better chance of getting the ball back than letting the D go onto the field.

Advertisement
Miss me with that "The players dreams were shattered when the ACCCG was out of reach" nonsense. That sh*t didn't happen. Now what? The entire team quit because their playoff hopes were crushed? Lol gtfoh. It's on the coaches to then shift the team's focus to finishing strong and winning the "meaningless" bowl game. It's not like the chance of beating a potential top 10 opponent would help in recruiting and improve the team's image...
This obviously wasn't important to the team or they would not have folded so easily. All year long the goal was to make the ACCCG, which would have happened if not for the ACC doing it all it could to ensure that it did not. It was bad enough when they allowed ND in, and worse when they changed the rules mid-season to make extra sure that Miami could not derail both Clemson and ND ending up in the CFP. We're Miami fans so we're accustomed to this but it's all new for the players. We saw how they handled it.

This team is softer then Charmin. They got ran over pretty much the entire game and broken ankles all day as well they took our boys will and pretty much smashed their faces into a wall all game long.. They made them their *******.

If there was only an event, let’s say this past Saturday, which the players and staff could have used to take out their frustration.
I know...and it's sad they allowed it to get so out of hand. But make no mistake, avenging the ACC, showing the CFP they're wrong, playing in the OB and finishing top 10 so we can get all the good recruits was not meaningful enough, even slightly, when compared with how they would have played had this game's outcome had any tangible effect on anything other than the mood of the fan base this week.

This obviously wasn't important to the team or they would not have folded so easily. All year long the goal was to make the ACCCG, which would have happened if not for the ACC doing it all it could to ensure that it did not. It was bad enough when they allowed ND in, and worse when they changed the rules mid-season to make extra sure that Miami could not derail both Clemson and ND ending up in the CFP. We're Miami fans so we're accustomed to this but it's all new for the players. We saw how they handled it.
So the players were frustrated that the ACC screwed them out of a chance to play against Clemson again so they gave up? Those 800 yards of offense were happening regardless if the ACC changed the rules or not.

Advertisement
Back