Players quit basically Manny said

In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.

that is a coaching problem

Advertisement
So you think it’s ok for a team to quit on its head coach two years in a row? So basically it’s ok that Manures has lost his team two years in a row. You know if you lose your team once, the odds of you getting them back are low, if you lose them twice then it’s a wrap and now just a matter of time. And I know he lost them by his players comments how they didn’t by into the dog**** game plan our
Novice coaches put in place for UNC with everything on the line.
Yeah. Mighty Notre Dame basically GAVE both Manny and his boy Baker the defensive game plan on how to " slow down " those two nasty running back's. But then again, Miami DOESN'T have the LB corp to to accomplish what mighty Notre Dame's linebackers did! Ouch. Or the safeties to carry out that particular defensive game plan.

BE FOR REAL dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miami isn't going to sign a Top 10 class. Especially after that pathetic, shameful, uninspiring performance this Saturn day past. duh?
Maybe not but that’s because we’re ranked 11th. We’re not losing anybody

Advertisement
Players did quit. They looked completely shook on the sideline and no one stepped up as a leader

That said, this also seems like all too convenient of an excuse to keep Baker...

YES The players quit ...and it's easy to see why

The obvious **** poor game preparation done by our coaches, ( almost 100% predictable after bye weeks under Manny), the annual predictable over the season increasing lack of motivation ( the result of having not ready for prime time coaches) made it predictable and almost EASY for our players to quit.

Playing in a game that you are thoroughly unprepared for is completely draining and demoralizing.

Good preparation by our opponents can easily neutralize or overcome any physical advantages we have....the difference is even greater if the teams are somewhat evenly matched.

What we witnessed was the difference between ....a team that completely understood itself AND their opponent and ready to play ,versus a team that knew very little about either, and could care less.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What really irks me more than anything is...Bakers/Diaz's Defensive Philosophy is so Blatantly Non UM...that I honestly don't know where to begin...There needs to be an upheaval on the coaching staff....And as far as Lashlee...I still say he's nothing Special...King saved his *** more times than not....

thers no dept at alot of positions, so when someone plays shiity its oh well theres always the next game.

Advertisement
Pretty much everything we accomplished this year was taken away imo by this game
Not everything. but def just knocked the wind out of us. if we do play a bowl game which sounds like we are, they better destroy whoever we play or its 2017 all over again. this team better come out angry, which after being embarrassed idk how youre not angry

In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.
Okay could buy that but it didn't seemed to bother N.C. . They were off 3 weeks, blew the doors of Duke, and basically layed an egg as usual at the end of the year: Why are we surprised, looked at the last 5 years, we get all excited and at the end they just crap out. It's amazing we never seemed to go into the offseason with momentum > even the year we won 10 games, dropped a game to Pitt, and lost to Wisconsin at home : The problem on Saturday was simple players quit, when they realize their defensive staff had no answers for them

Advertisement
everyone went through it and many other teams also quit. Look at all the other schools with terrible records that are usually good. It’s been a dog fight from week one to field a healthy team. Easy to sit on the internet and bash them. I keep it real and point out the negative all the time but for once we have to give the kids some respect for what they did this year in a year unlike any other we have ever seen.

you think you could get hyped up for 10 games where it’s basically like a practice with no fans in the stadiums?
this program has for the last 10 years unravel at the end of each year, this is nothing new, just a new excuse

We sucked. Game is over. Get ready to roll again.

I know posters on here who know more than I mentioned poor LB/CB play but now it is DL and S as well? Somewhere in there is a combination of coaching with our lack of "quality". Good coaches can hide vulnerabilities we seem to just expose them more.

Manny needs to know his limitations and it is game day coaching. He did it with the OC and made changes let's see if he is smart enough to do it on the defensive side of the ball. Great leaders know their limitations and surround themselves with great people.

If they don't and they don't know enough to fix it themselves then they will get gone eventually.

Advertisement
Back