Players quit basically Manny said

In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.
Quit for sure. Why? I think it was the Mike Tyson effect. Everybody has has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. NC was Tyson and hit Miami so hard they quit. The defense wanted no part of the NC running backs. A knock out for sure!!

Advertisement
Hmmm.... interesting because kids that'll quit once will certainly quit again. UM had a New Year's day bowl game on the line, a 9-1 finish this season which was marred by a pandemic and a chance to win 10/11 games. The psyche of these kids is hard to understand. They have no mental resolve, mental toughness at all. If they felt snubbed by the committee storm the field and kick the crap out of UNC instead of laying on your back and spreading your legs.

What a joke. Emotionally exhausted after a full week off from all team activities, then just a week of practice and a glorified scrimmage against Duke? My god it was senior day with a NY6 Bowl on the line, against a team you choked against last year.

These kids have no pride and apparently neither do any of the babysitters on the sidelines who call themselves coaches.

Definitely would have preferred they waited and quit on Sunday rather than Saturday... poor "scheduling" by coaches...

Last edited:
Quit for sure. Why? I think it was the Mike Tyson effect. Everybody has has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. NC was Tyson and hit Miami so hard they quit. The defense wanted no part of the NC running backs. A knock out for sure!!

****, i was literally just thinking of this Tyson quote. It really does sum it up quite well

Advertisement

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.
So you think it’s ok for a team to quit on its head coach two years in a row? So basically it’s ok that Manures has lost his team two years in a row. You know if you lose your team once, the odds of you getting them back are low, if you lose them twice then it’s a wrap and now just a matter of time. And I know he lost them by his players comments how they didn’t by into the dog**** game plan our
Novice coaches put in place for UNC with everything on the line.

Head of sales at major corporation talking to senior leadership...

“My team did not make sales quota due to them all being mentally exhausted. We came up short by 56 million and many of them need a break. They are drained”

only in coaching & politics can you get away with this type of crap

Last edited:
Advertisement

It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

Manny's defense is predicated on the DL. We have three DLs who are basically focused on the NFL draft at this point (and one who opted out). And our three leading tacklers (on every scoreboard update that I saw) were DBs.

It was fun having Phillips and Roche and Silvera and Rousseau, but they are moving on. Next man up.

Advertisement
That is a given.

We have won 1 bowl game post Larry Coker. 1 bowl win in 14 years.
Yep under CMR plus an indoor facility and all of the fans trash him. Had our best year in since 2001 under him . Unfortunate he had a heart issue and didn’t know it.

I agree Blake Baker is not the guy. Our defense looked absolutely lost against their offensive line and no one seemed to be in the position. There was zero gap responsibility. That is coachin.
And the whole world is done with this COVID crap, I know I am sick and tired of it.
F... China and the virus, half the pandemics that the world gets comes from there

I hope we have a great recruiting class, add a more experience DC and come back strong next year.

go canes

Chances are most of the guys leaving early will opt out of the bowl game. We need the practice time more than any team out there.
I was just going to post that another part of what was said included the following comment:
“Winning a bowl game is a goal for this team. Wherever they invite us, we have team that will be excited to go. … When we get back to work I think we’ll be ready. The players we bring to the bowl will be excited to go play.”

nah to me it’s the final nail for Baker. No way you can let them man come back.
facts. and he knows it to thats why he needed to talk to Reed to get his confidence to fire his friends. no way ed told him yeah the defense is fine. changes need to be made and its clear now. your move manny, after the bowl game obv.

Advertisement
Zzzzzzz.

It's his job to field a motivated team that plays hard for him.
This is just "fan speak". This is the most overrated narrative out there. Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth and thats what happened Saturday. We got punched in the mouth in the first quarter and never recovered. It happens and time to move on.

Time for Manny to make the tough choices and make changes after EE signing day concludes. Fire Baker...call the bowl game himself and start looking for a replacement. And let that guy decide who on the staff he wants to keep or let walk.

I’m not caping for manny at all. Changes need to be made. But it’s not his job to make sure kids are motivated to play the 17th ranked team in the country who beat you last year. I’m sure they were motivated up until they heard the GT game was canceled.. that’s on them..

everyone went through it and many other teams also quit. Look at all the other schools with terrible records that are usually good. It’s been a dog fight from week one to field a healthy team. Easy to sit on the internet and bash them. I keep it real and point out the negative all the time but for once we have to give the kids some respect for what they did this year in a year unlike any other we have ever seen.

you think you could get hyped up for 10 games where it’s basically like a practice with no fans in the stadiums?
They had an orange bowl bid on the line. And a top 10 ranking. They had a lot to play for. Manny is making excuses to protect his staff.

Advertisement
Back