Player you can't believe didn't do something special in the NFL?

Green tore his ACL the first day of practice & missed his first season, then the following training camp tore the same ACL.
Never really had a chance to do anything,

Hence my answer to the OP's question. He's from my HS alma mater.
Was really excited when the Phins took him on the 1st day. A **** shame his career was cut short.

Advertisement
I forgot about Hank. He never looked like a fluid athlete but he was an elite WR and then he ran a 4.35 or something crazy in Indy.

I watch his highlights on YouTube and he was just scared to get hit in the NFL.

Hate saying it but the way Christian Ponder used to play against us I figured he would have a real NFL a career.

I forgot about Hank. He never looked like a fluid athlete but he was an elite WR and then he ran a 4.35 or something crazy in Indy.

I watch his highlights on YouTube and he was just scared to get hit in the NFL.

Advertisement
s568872814488652156_p3742_i1_w583.jpeg

Even though he’s going to the HOF & was special..I’d like to have seen Frank Gore without the knee injuries & what his numbers would’ve been.

For me: I thought Vilma & Beason would be the next Ray Lewis.

Streeter isn't a shock at all. If you refrain from being impressed by his measureables you'll realize that he had NO SHOT in the NFL. The kid ran like a deer, played high and couldn't get in/out of his breaks. He didn't catch the ball naturally either.

For me it's Coley. Watching him in high school and coaching against him, I swore he was gonna be the next WR phenom.

Coley is a great choice. His work ethic was crazy too.

Great choice. Nickname was "Superman" in HS. Dude was a monster - even at greentree. I remember when he was a true freshman in practice. Whenever 2nd team/3rd team would get reps (and he was on it), a lot of the starting defensive guys would actually want to see Stewart take reps. the guy was a world class athletic guy - 230 pounds, running 4.4, etc.

Advertisement
I was a big James Stewart fan back in the day. In hindsight you can see why he never really made an impact in the NFL. He was a big guy who had fast straight line speed but he ran upright, negating his size advantage and wasn't very shifty. If you gave him a hole, he could take it a long way though.

How about William Joseph.
Really good DT here and a first rounder. I thought he would haveca good career but I don’t think he did much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cleveland Gary....dude was unstoppable at UGA and Miami, but just never kept it going in the NFL.
I didn't know he was unstoppable at GA. I thought he transferred to UM because he was sitting on the bench behind Lars Tate and the other guy.

Great choice. Nickname was "Superman" in HS. Dude was a monster - even at greentree. I remember when he was a true freshman in practice. Whenever 2nd team/3rd team would get reps (and he was on it), a lot of the starting defensive guys would actually want to see Stewart take reps. the guy was a world class athletic guy - 230 pounds, running 4.4, etc.
I wonder if he played on the prison team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back