Player you can't believe didn't do something special in the NFL?

Advertisement
Guys like Jerome McDougal, Yatil Green and Willis McGahee all had disabling injuries so I hate to see them listed as "busts" ****, McGahee still had a pretty decent NFL career but his explosiveness was severely hampered by the knee injury.

OP listed Buchanan. For some reason, he never became the pro bowl corner we all thought he could become. He wasn't a particularly big guy so maybe that had something to do with it. I remember thinking Baraka Atkins was going to be a great pro but I don't think he ever did much in the NFL. Nate Webster had an OK pro career after being a tackling machine here. He was a legit undersized guy though.

For me it's easily philip buchanan

guy was INSANE playing here and I thought for sure the man was gonna be in the hall of fame. For the people that followed his career can anyone point out what happened? I know he a season or two where he was lighting it up on the punt returns and I thought "ok here he comes"

He was solid on the Bucs. Had a pretty long career. I don't see the issue.

Rodney Bellinger
Willie Smith
Rod Carter
Selwyn Brown
Tolbert Bain
Coleman Bell
Bill Hawkins
Mark Caesar
Wesley Carroll
Bernard Clark
Damione Lewis

Advertisement
Streeter was interesting because he was 6'4/6'5 yet could get deep and catch the deep ball with relative ease and it was weird because you knew he wasn't polished as a receiver but I always wondered if he stayed one more year what would happen. Sad tale

JHall said it first but Damione Lewis. Didn’t have a poor career but nothing special as would’ve been expected from the way he dominated here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Streeter isn't a shock at all. If you refrain from being impressed by his measureables you'll realize that he had NO SHOT in the NFL. The kid ran like a deer, played high and couldn't get in/out of his breaks. He didn't catch the ball naturally either.

For me it's Coley. Watching him in high school and coaching against him, I swore he was gonna be the next WR phenom.

Advertisement
Rodney Bellinger
Willie Smith
Rod Carter
Selwyn Brown
Tolbert Bain
Coleman Bell
Bill Hawkins
Mark Caesar
Wesley Carroll
Bernard Clark
Damione Lewis

Of that list, I think the ones that surprise the most were Lewis, Hawkins and Caroll. I think Smith could be up there but like Bell, they were too small for that era, imo. Carroll, Hawkins, Lewis all had the measureables you want to be successfull pros. Guys like Clark and Carter were pretty slow, but sure, they should be on that list. Caesar was a disappointment at Miami, so not a big surprise he didn't make it in the pros.

another one for me was Pat Riley.

Advertisement
Back