Player Attrition

at some point, Miami became an NFL internship, and stopped becoming a college program. Not sure what will turn the tide, or if it will ever happen
One could argue LSU has been like that for awhile. They just happen to be able to reload. But even then it took a once in a generation qb and coordinator to truly get over the Bama hump.

Advertisement
One could argue LSU has been like that for awhile. They just happen to be able to reload. But even then it took a once in a generation qb and coordinator to truly get over the Bama hump.

But how many 3rd day draft players are leaving early at LSU?

GR15 will be a first round pick. His opting out was COVID. His mother is a frontline nurse. I was disappointed but don’t blame him.

DJ had no reason to stay. A running back’s shelf life can be rather short and he isn’t going to improve. Same for Homer.
With all due respect Wtf does his mama being a nurse gotta do with him quitting on the team

Culture is everything. Once upon a time, we had 1st round picks staying for 4 yrs to make sure they finished business & taught youngins to carry on the tradition. Our culture is broken; Clemson’s is not. Neither is Bama’s or OSU’s. I’ve been saying for years, we got guys who are no where near NFL ready, yet they are hella ready to leave, betting on a hope & prayer. It’s frustrating to see us not having the ability to build.

Advertisement
Culture is everything. Once upon a time, we had 1st round picks staying for 4 yrs to make sure they finished business & taught youngins to carry on the tradition. Our culture is broken; Clemson’s is not. Neither is Bama’s or OSU’s. I’ve been saying for years, we got guys who are no where near NFL ready, yet they are hella ready to leave, betting on a hope & prayer. It’s frustrating to see us not having the ability to build.
I hear your message but Alabama and OSU don’t have first rounders coming back for their senior years. It’s rare. That deal with Clemson’s whole D line coming back for their senior year a few years back was so unbelievable, it made me positive that those kids were raking in real money while still there. I keep hearing a out Miami kids leaving early because they’re broke and they have to feed their family. Maybe with some of the likeness money, these desperate kids can afford to stick around another year.

But how many 3rd day draft players are leaving early at LSU?
Sorry, should've been more specific. I meant in terms of Juniors leaving early to be high draft picks at LSU whereas it seems players who could be 1st round picks still somehow come back for their senior years to Clemson/Bama.

LSU always has an exodus of young guys leaving but they're able to reload.

Clemson keeps its players. We don't. That's why we have so much space for transfers.

Advertisement
That deal with Clemson’s whole D line coming back for their senior year a few years back was so unbelievable, it made me positive that those kids were raking in real money while still there.
This. I've said before, if Trevor stays another year, investigate the ENTIRE city.

Phillips will be gone and possibly in the first round depending how his stats stack up the rest of the season. He's everything the NFL looks for, will test out of this world, and his motor is non-stop. Roche will be interesting to see if he comes back, needs numbers in P5.

Bolden is gone.

Brevin is gone. He keep getting dinged up, but he's shown enough.

Nobody else should even be in play, but they will be.

Phillips is a day 3 pick mostly based on his potential. He has what 3 career sacks and very little tape. He has an extensive injury history. Would be a huge mistake to leave now. Lots of talented productive D-ends in front of him.

Bolden would make a lot of money coming back. He would get a lot of pre season hype and combine that with a big year and I think he could move into the early 2nd round.

Brevin is probably gone but I wouldn't take him in the 1st or 2nd. He spends to much time in the trainers room.

Blades should definitely come back.

I think Cam should go. RBs aren't valued no matter when he comes out so can't see him improving his stock.

Rest of the guys should all be back for sure but as you said we will have guys make dumb decisions.

I don't buy the bags talk. Does it happen? Maybe but it seems like that is what we say when others do what we wish we would.

It is almost like when people slam the U for some type of infraction or how they act, like their team are made up of athletic saints. I have long held that for the most part every team is the same. Does cheating go on? Yes but every time we lose a recruit or a kid stays it is bags. I do believe that we are judged differently by the NCAA.

As for developing players... You can develop players all you want. Teach them positioning and technique. What you can't develop is speed and explosiveness. I remember when we had the fastest linebackers who had this aggressiveness to get there and separate the other teams player from the ball. I saw our current crop minus one late to the party or put on their ****s.

You can't develop desire.

Does our OL get upset when we need less than a yard and we take a loss because they move absolutely nobody? Does our OL get upset when they see their QB being abused? Do they get upset when they block absolute air when 2 guys run by them untouched? Where is Bubba Bolden on the offensive line? The coaches did not develop the desire within Bolden, we are lucky it showed up on our campus.

This is a problem miami has for sure. Way too many juniors leave too early. At the end of the day it is the difference between a program that has a buy in from the guys on the team and how they recruit that they are there to win championships.

our team and recruit culture is that miami is a stepping stone to the nfl. Kids don’t come to Miami to be here 4 years. It’s a 3 and gone Mentality from the start. Clemsons RB is a first rd running back and he came back. The year they won they had 3 d lineman all come back for their senior years who were first rd picks. It’s insane and absolutely creates a talent gap to a Miami team that always loses 5-6 juniors it shouldn’t.

it will happen again this year.

Bolden
Phillips
Blades
Harris
Jordan

are all leaving. Imagine if all of them stayed plus king came back for a 6th year. This type of stuff happens at other programs. Not at Miami.
they leave early only to be drafted late or not drafted at all: Why in God's name did Trajan leave, he had such and up and down year :

Advertisement
I hear your message but Alabama and OSU don’t have first rounders coming back for their senior years. It’s rare. That deal with Clemson’s whole D line coming back for their senior year a few years back was so unbelievable, it made me positive that those kids were raking in real money while still there. I keep hearing a out Miami kids leaving early because they’re broke and they have to feed their family. Maybe with some of the likeness money, these desperate kids can afford to stick around another year.
Didn’t Shaun Wade just come back? Dylan Moses? Devonte Smith? Alex Leatherwood? Najee Harris??

Bruh, shall I continue? All these guys had no later than 3rd round grades. Dylan had a 1st round grade w/ his injury!! Lol.

Didn’t Shaun Wade just come back? Dylan Moses? Devonte Smith? Alex Leatherwood? Najee Harris??

Bruh, shall I continue? All these guys had no later than 3rd round grades. Dylan had a 1st round grade w/ his injury!! Lol.
Moses was the only guy you listed that had a first round grade. Even that was in doubt because of his injury issue. Clemson literally had three first round LOCKS on their defensive line come back for their senior year in ONE season! Nobody does that.

Advertisement
Moses was the only guy you listed that had a first round grade. Even that was in doubt because of his injury issue. Clemson literally had three first round LOCKS on their defensive line come back for their senior year in ONE season! Nobody does that.
The point remains; the guys I mentioned had high round grades & are coming back. We are losing guys who literally are being told they should come back or have no draftable grade at all, champ! And if u don’t think it’s not a cultural problem here that’s highly contributing to this, then I don’t know what to tell you. There is literally nothing to look forward to here. Play for a ACCCG? Nope. Play for a great coach who’s developing you? Nope. Competing for championships? Nope. Boosters greasing u up? Nope. Winning mantra? Nope. Until we change our culture, we are going to continue to bleed players via transfers or declaring prematurely

The point remains; the guys I mentioned had high round grades & are coming back. We are losing guys who literally are being told they should come back or have no draftable grade at all, champ! And if u don’t think it’s not a cultural problem here that’s highly contributing to this, then I don’t know what to tell you. There is literally nothing to look forward to here. Play for a ACCCG? Nope. Play for a great coach who’s developing you? Nope. Competing for championships? Nope. Boosters greasing u up? Nope. Winning mantra? Nope. Until we change our culture, we are going to continue to bleed players via transfers or declaring prematurely
I'm not denying that. My point was simply that first round projected guys aren't coming back to Alabama or Ohio State or pretty much anywhere.

The NFL u moniker has nothing to do with these sorry ads kids leaving early. It's a cultural thing. These players think they are better than what they because of the uniform if anything. Same with the HC's Miami has hired of late. It trickles down.

You cant recruit on NFLU this n tht and get mad when players go to....THE NFL.

Clemson/Bama pay their players/families and their players live like gods in their city/state. Majority of our players arent even noticable off campus here in S.fla... Its just a total different culture/demographic.

Advertisement
Back