Player Attrition

Advertisement
Miami sold their soul as NFL U and now kids are all three and done regardless of draft predictions. Guys who are locks for the first or second round should leave. What Clemson has managed to do with getting first round locks to stay in school isn’t something that happens anywhere else. Miami needs to work on keeping these 4th-7th rounders around for a senior season. It’s something that needs to be emphasized with players and recruits alike
We sold nflu because we had **** goin on and it was easier to sell than shancokertrollu.

Advertisement
GR15 will be a first round pick. His opting out was COVID. His mother is a frontline nurse. I was disappointed but don’t blame him.

DJ had no reason to stay. A running back’s shelf life can be rather short and he isn’t going to improve. Same for Homer.

Rousseau used the COVID excuse as a way out to quit and save himself for the NFL after only playing at Miami for one year. Teams aren’t going to want to draft a quitter in the 1st round and that’s how NFL teams are going to look at it.

View attachment 133468

View attachment 133469

Settle on a coaching staff and the attrition problems will solve themselves, potentially (although nothing is guaranteed in the Portal Age).

We've had three head coaching regimes in six seasons. That breeds attrition.
Golden was here since 2011 so say 3 in ten. Don’t use his last year only. Should we keep ****** staffs to stay ****** also? Hire the right ******* guy seems better but we can’t do that. I want to go get Mario and keep him a long while but would be happy as **** if manny wins out and figures this **** out (hint - he won’t)

Advertisement
Golden was here since 2011 so say 3 in ten. Don’t use his last year only. Should we keep ****** staffs to stay ****** also? Hire the right ******* guy seems better but we can’t do that. I want to go get Mario and keep him a long while but would be happy as **** if manny wins out and figures this **** out (hint - he won’t)
I'm guardedly optimistic. Mario seems far more willing than the previous coaches to make the organizational changes necessary, and I fairly certain he has far more budgetary leeway than Coker, Shannon, or Golden.

I'm guardedly optimistic. Mario seems far more willing than the previous coaches to make the organizational changes necessary, and I fairly certain he has far more budgetary leeway than Coker, Shannon, or Golden.

If the university & administration don't empower Mario in the same fashion that UO does, then he won't fare any better than Manny. I think we as fans have to start accepting the reality that MIA is not 1 HC away from recapturing the glory of it's heyday. Unfortunately I think that ship may have already sailed

Last edited:
It's because we have agents and "wannabe agents" running all around Miami, getting in these kids ears. You think they have Pete and 7th Round Management running around South Carolina?

It's a city of Miami problem. I love Miami... lived there a long time, and got my undergrad degree at the U. But nobody can deny the city is full of cheap hustlers like nowhere else.

****, even when these kids are in high school, half of them have "handlers." Again, slimebag cheap hustlers. I live in Texas now and trust me... other football hotbeds don't have these problems.

Anyway, that's why these kids are leaving early.

at some point, Miami became an NFL internship, and stopped becoming a college program. Not sure what will turn the tide, or if it will ever happen

Advertisement
It's because we have agents and "wannabe agents" running all around Miami, getting in these kids ears. You think they have Pete and 7th Round Management running around South Carolina?

It's a city of Miami problem. I love Miami... lived there a long time, and got my undergrad degree at the U. But nobody can deny the city is full of cheap hustlers like nowhere else.

****, even when these kids are in high school, half of them have "handlers." Again, slimebag cheap hustlers. I live in Texas now and trust me... other football hotbeds don't have these problems.

Anyway, that's why these kids are leaving early.
No mentors in Texas?

Phillips will be gone and possibly in the first round depending how his stats stack up the rest of the season. He's everything the NFL looks for, will test out of this world, and his motor is non-stop. Roche will be interesting to see if he comes back, needs numbers in P5.

Bolden is gone.

Brevin is gone. He keep getting dinged up, but he's shown enough.

Nobody else should even be in play, but they will be.

Advertisement
You can say the same thing about Swag too. The issue is promoting flash without substance
What they don't get about swag is "swag is the confidence that comes from getting it done on the field … repeatedly".

You don't claim it by boasting or banging your chest then using that to get a victory. That's artificial and contrived and makes you an object of derision if you don't pull it off

Georgia couldn’t get Fromm to come back. He was like a 3-4th rounder. He should’ve stayed. It’s not just us

Advertisement
Back