Votes: 11 2.4%
  • Coral Gables Senior High School

Votes: 32 6.9%
  • Tropical Park

Votes: 300 64.5%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 71 15.3%

• Total voters
Yeah; I love some F1. I’m peeping it & it looks to be a solid track, although I’ve seen them throttle down a lot more on this track hitting the turns than some others, but overall it’s a good clean race. Love the crowd there. F1 has a certain “type of” crowd vs. NASCAR, honestly.

I love auto racing. One of my favorite sporting days is when I can watch the triple header on the Sunday of Memorial Day, Monaco followed by Indy followed by the Coke 600.

Definitely a different crowd at all these racing events. But F1 is just bad racing. Most of the time, you just have to watch the first 10 seconds of the race, and that's your podium for the finish of the race. Just fast-forward and save yourself two hours. They are only pitting twice a race, and for 3 seconds each. There's no strategy, there's no racing, there's barely any passing unless someone has car trouble.

F1 drivers are talented, the equipment is awesome. But the racing is terrible. 80% of the drivers will not even challenge for the win, all season long. No strategy, no ability for a great driver to overcome the equipment. Awful.

For the record, I watched the Miami race. Very wide course, there was plenty of room for passing, but the only drama in the race was the caution after the wreck, when all the intervals tightened up. And then Verstappen got a 3 second lead and there was no more drama.

Boring.

Advertisement
I love auto racing. One of my favorite sporting days is when I can watch the triple header on the Sunday of Memorial Day, Monaco followed by Indy followed by the Coke 600.

Definitely a different crowd at all these racing events. But F1 is just bad racing. Most of the time, you just have to watch the first 10 seconds of the race, and that's your podium for the finish of the race. Just fast-forward and save yourself two hours. They are only pitting twice a race, and for 3 seconds each. There's no strategy, there's no racing, there's barely any passing unless someone has car trouble.

F1 drivers are talented, the equipment is awesome. But the racing is terrible. 80% of the drivers will not even challenge for the win, all season long. No strategy, no ability for a great driver to overcome the equipment. Awful.

For the record, I watched the Miami race. Very wide course, there was plenty of room for passing, but the only drama in the race was the caution after the wreck, when all the intervals tightened up. And then Verstappen got a 3 second lead and there was no more drama.

Boring.

I’ll admit, watching NASCAR on TV is 100% better than F1. However, just being up close & personal for F1 is different.

Advertisement
I’ll admit, watching NASCAR on TV is 100% better than F1. However, just being up close & personal for F1 is different.
I've been to two Nascar races, both at Daytona. Twice I watched Dale Jarrett win under caution. Short tracks have some action, but super speedway you just wait for a crash.

I've been to two Nascar races, both at Daytona. Twice I watched Dale Jarrett win under caution. Short tracks have some action, but super speedway you just wait for a crash.

Still my goal to hit up a NASCAR event in person.

Long time, brother. Haven't ended races under caution in a loooong time.

Advertisement
Where to place a new stadium? 🤔

Oh that's an easy one😎

Place it directly across the street from the person who wanted the stadium moved the MOST

So it will be the first thing he sees every morning.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Boring.
I enjoy going to Daytona for the practice sessions for the Rolex 24 hour race. Always get a pit pass ... walking around those garages while they are making tuning adjustments to those exotic cars ... with laptops ... is just cool. Love the sound of Ferraris, Porsches and the Prototypes. Just a very neat experience.

Yup. I was at some of the prelim races in 2000 (Arthur Andersen did tax & audit work for NASCAR at the time, so the partners got the tix for the 500).
Quite honestly, the qualifying laps are the most interesting. You can walk right down to the fence and when they come off turn 4 they're within 20 feet of you. The noise is deafening and you feel the wind. I took my kids, they were 8 and 9 and they thought it was amazing how fast they went.

I enjoy going to Daytona for the practice sessions for the Rolex 24 hour race. Always get a pit pass ... walking around those garages while they are making tuning adjustments to those exotic cars ... with laptops ... is just cool. Love the sound of Ferraris, Porsches and the Prototypes. Just a very neat experience.
24 is a great event… also a great party in the infield 👍 was a tradition for our friend group in high school to camp out Thursday-Sunday. Great times

Advertisement
I have a theory about F1. The only people that like F1 people that don't like any other sports but feel left out of convo's their friends have about sports they like and want to attach themselves to something. Or people that like it for the elitist status it brings them.

They watched a Netflix documentary and now have something they can bring up and be pretentious douchebags. Or post about on Instagram "Woke up at 6am to watch the Tokyo Grand Prix....Go Verstappen!"

"Football is cool and all but have you guys watched F1? Bro it's so awesome. There's just something about the artistry behind the engineering of those majestic machines man. I'm telling you guys...you HAVE to give it a try."

I honestly gave it a try and am like wtf? Nothing changes during the entire race. There's no excitement.

Quite honestly, the qualifying laps are the most interesting. You can walk right down to the fence and when they come off turn 4 they're within 20 feet of you. The noise is deafening and you feel the wind. I took my kids, they were 8 and 9 and they thought it was amazing how fast they went.

First time I went over to the track after I started working, we just walked into where Turn 4 comes down into the frontstretch, and it was the IROC cars running together. Between the high pitch of the engines and the whooosh of the wind with those aerodynamic cars, it nearly deafened me. I toughened up pretty quickly, though, I rarely wore earplugs or ear covers.

I've tried to watch races in a variety of places to get different experiences. I was up in the Turn 1/Turn 2 RV lot with the guys from Costa Sunglasses (corporate) a few years ago, that was a lot of fun. I've watched from the top of the Fan Zone numerous times. I've had tickets in the Pit Road Patios (the elevated seats behind Pit Road) three times. If I'm on my own, I still love being in the Pits for the whole race.

how white and redneck are you really?

Wow; that’s a hellluva generalization, my guy. I’m sure MJ fits that mode, too, huh?

Bruh, I’m from the land where low riders came into existence. Side shows & donuts, w/ street racing on Crenshaw Blvd. I’m just into cars & speed. NASCAR is a new sport, boss.

Still my goal to hit up a NASCAR event in person.
At my previous job, NASCAR was one of our clients, along with certain racers, and I had access to where the cars/teams are and that was a cool experience. After a while, I found it boring but I was dealing with corporate side of the event so it wasn’t too bad. I am not a fan of this kind of racing.

That next night, real close friends of mine went to the event (regular seats) and had a great time until two drunk clowns started acting up. One of the guys called my boy a ***** with a hard ER and he immediately regretted it. He got his *** whopped! The cool part of the story was the police immediately removed the two guys and the crowd applauded my friends. I wish I was there..

My white friends, on the other hand, go and get hammered. One of them got pee’d on by another drunk in the bathroom.

eddie murphy enjoy GIF

Advertisement
Back