PJ Williams (FSU commit)

So important to get the "3 star" South Florida kids in here that seem to slip away to OOS programs, and end up in the NFL for 7 years.

How many times have you seen a kid you've barely heard of make a big play on Saturday for some random team and flipped your lid when you see he went to Plantation or something.
Well I am just glad we have a recruiter, in al golden, who looks past the stars, and evaluates the players on an individual level

Advertisement
There are tons of *** and ** and heck, even NR kids that go to low-end BCS programs and non-AQ schools from SoFla and are 3-year starters and All-Conference types that end up playing the pro game. Whether its DaJuan Morgan or Darius Butler or Louis Delmas or EJ Biggers or Walter McFadden or Quinton Andrews or countless others.

Yep. Seems like AG is about vacuuming up all those types. I can't remember a class with more local kids in it than this one in quite a while.

This Lockhart kid is Jayron Hosley all over again

But we dont need guys like him according to most on this board

Advertisement
There are tons of *** and ** and heck, even NR kids that go to low-end BCS programs and non-AQ schools from SoFla and are 3-year starters and All-Conference types that end up playing the pro game. Whether its DaJuan Morgan or Darius Butler or Louis Delmas or EJ Biggers or Walter McFadden or Quinton Andrews or countless others.

Yep. Seems like AG is about vacuuming up all those types. I can't remember a class with more local kids in it than this one in quite a while.

Gotta load up on'em at some point. We are going to need to scour South Florida for talent if we are going to have any kind of sanctions placed on us. As has been proven though, Miami, even with sanctions, can still win with local talent...just like USC can win with local talent in the face of sanctions.

Gotta load up on'em at some point. We are going to need to scour South Florida for talent if we are going to have any kind of sanctions placed on us. As has been proven though, Miami, even with sanctions, can still win with local talent...just like USC can win with local talent in the face of sanctions.

agree for the most part in terms of the importance of us retaining the S Fla talent, but I disagree that USC is living on local talent. Notwithstanding the sanctions, they have still killed it in terms of national 5-star recruits.

Advertisement

agree for the most part in terms of the importance of us retaining the S Fla talent, but I disagree that USC is living on local talent. Notwithstanding the sanctions, they have still killed it in terms of national 5-star recruits.

Look at their best players from this year...

Barkley...SoCal
Marquise Lee...SoCal
Curtis McNeal...SoCal
Matt Kalil...SoCal
TJ McDonald...SoCal
Robert Woods...SoCal
George Farmer...SoCal
DaJohn Harris...SoCal

They have some kids from outside SoCal that are good...Nick Perry, Jawanza Starling, Nickell Robey...but the core of USC is local ballers balling locally. Same needs to be done in Miami, and can be done. Need to keep'em local, and you supplement them with some other kids.

Garmon is 6'2 and 200 pounds. It's really not that big for a safety at all. In fact, just going off of Scout's top 10 Safeties from this years class, the average size is 6'1.5 and 194.2 pounds. Just to be thorough, the average size for the top 10 Safeties on Rivals is 6'0.25 and 193.1 pounds. I would say he's realistically got about prototypical size for a safety.

Advertisement
Benni Blades was 225 or so. Sean Taylor was 230. Taylor Mays was pretty big. Kam Chanselor was 6-4 and 225 lb's or so. Barron is 6-2 220...thomas davis was a big S Sean jones 6-2 225, trulon henry from illinois 6-2 225, william moore the list goes on

Sean Taylor was 230lbs and was returning punts for TDs lol. A true definition of a Meast.

Garmon is 6'2 and 200 pounds. It's really not that big for a safety at all. In fact, just going off of Scout's top 10 Safeties from this years class, the average size is 6'1.5 and 194.2 pounds. Just to be thorough, the average size for the top 10 Safeties on Rivals is 6'0.25 and 193.1 pounds. I would say he's realistically got about prototypical size for a safety.

That may be the case, but he doesn't move like a Safety. He moves like a LB. He's a big kid who, by the start of his RS Frosh year, may be bigger than Sean Spence as a senior.

Advertisement

That may be the case, but he doesn't move like a Safety. He moves like a LB. He's a big kid who, by the start of his RS Frosh year, may be bigger than Sean Spence as a senior.

He definitely needs to hit the weights if he wants to play LB. He is a pretty tall kid but has a lean frame. He does have a bit different of a build than say, Ray Ray does, so he may be able to stack on some weight. Last time I saw him though he looked like he never touched a weight in his life.

Advertisement
Back