Pittsburgh at Miami January 12th, 2020 on the ACCN (Pregame predictions, game thread and post game reactions)

No Coach L is a great coach. Period end of story. We have had 2 bad seasons with Coach L. One was 2013-2014 when all our good players left after the great 2013 season and last year when our recruiting class was destroyed by the FBI garbage, plus no Dewan Huell. I have read your posts over the past 6-9 months and I can tell that you're not from Miami or know much about the school or the area. However, we need as many fans as we can get, so keep rooting for the Program.

It depends on what standard you are measuring Coach L by. If Coach L is being compared to other basketball coaches at the University of Miami then he is a great coach due to the lack of success others have had at Miami.
If you compare Coach L to a standard of 20 plus wins and consistent NCAA tournament appearances then he is a slightly average coach.
Funny you mention the fans because three years ago, Coach L was very proud of his streak of consecutive home game ticket packages being sold out. That streak ended two years ago so the fans are speaking.
I don't hate Coach L and I appreciate what he has done at Miami. I don't agree with him not using all of his scholarships then when injuries happen and the team is down to 7 players, Coach L acts like he is a complete victim in the situation.
The FBI investigation is a weak excuse in the age of grad transfers, especially if you are not a lazy recruiter. Chris Mack and Louisville proved that.
As a fan, I want Miami to take the next step and become a consistent winner.

Advertisement
It depends on what standard you are measuring Coach L by. If Coach L is being compared to other basketball coaches at the University of Miami then he is a great coach due to the lack of success others have had at Miami.
If you compare Coach L to a standard of 20 plus wins and consistent NCAA tournament appearances then he is a slightly average coach.
Funny you mention the fans because three years ago, Coach L was very proud of his streak of consecutive home game ticket packages being sold out. That streak ended two years ago so the fans are speaking.
I don't hate Coach L and I appreciate what he has done at Miami. I don't agree with him not using all of his scholarships then when injuries happen and the team is down to 7 players, Coach L acts like he is a complete victim in the situation.
The FBI investigation is a weak excuse in the age of grad transfers, especially if you are not a lazy recruiter. Chris Mack and Louisville proved that.
As a fan, I want Miami to take the next step and become a consistent winner.

Why would a good grad transfer come to Miami? Take the case of Kerry Blackshear. Miami recruited him. But why would he choose a program of Miami's caliber over UF? UF has more final 4s (5) than Miami has Sweet 16s (3). Miami has 8 NCAA tournament wins to UF's 47.

And UF isn't even a blue blood. There are lots of programs in UF's tier (UConn, Viginia, Syracuse, Gonzaga, etc.) or the tier right below (Baylor, Oregon, Oklahoma, etc.), all of which are more prestigious than Miami.

Has Miami ever had a lottery pick? How many NBA stars have gone to Miami? And no, Bruce Brown and Lonnie Walker don't count - they're not even proven starters.

Your complaints come off as delusional. It's like a Kansas football fan complaining about Kansas not being a NY6 regular. A good year for Kansas is going to a bowl game. A good year for Miami is going to the tournament. The fact that Miami has had a better decade than a number of ACC programs (GT, Wake, BC, Clemson, Pitt) and a similar decade to a few others (FSU, Notre Dame) is an incredibly impressive achievement.

While the elite programs clearly have first dibs on the best HS recruits, they only have so many scholarships to give and so much playing time to offer. That's why there are always a couple of one and dones going to mid tier P5 programs. Getting grad transfers shouldn't be any different.

Advertisement
Back