Pittsburgh at Miami January 12th, 2020 on the ACCN (Pregame predictions, game thread and post game reactions)

Advertisement
Game prediction:

Pittsburgh 74
Miami 78

Nothing like a win at home to make everyone feel better about the season.
I think you need to fix the title unless you want me to hook up a flux capacitor to my TV... LOL!!!

Edit: TY for fixing the date...

Last edited:
Does anyone know who is actually healthy for us? Bev, Stone or Sam?

I know Stone is out indefinitely but that could mean anything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unfortunately, as we know by now. Miami does not release the injury report until after tipoff.

I don't expect Stone to play but Harlond and Sam will probably be limited.

I can’t imagine Sam won’t play 27-30 minutes today.

I wonder if Stone is so injured that he can’t play the rest of the season and they apply for a waiver.

To beat this decomposing horse once again, we came into the season with 5 bigs on the active roster: 1 not ready freshman (who's still not ready), 2 guys fresh off knees (both reinjured nearly as soon as they started playing again), 1 guy who is severely athletically challenged, and Sam Waardenburg.

Who could have possibly seen it not working out? Smh.

To beat this decomposing horse once again, we came into the season with 5 bigs on the active roster: 1 not ready freshman (who's still not ready), 2 guys fresh off knees (both reinjured nearly as soon as they started playing again), 1 guy who is severely athletically challenged, and Sam Waardenburg.

But Rodney was supposed to be a double-double guy.

At least Coach played 4 guards for a good portion of the game as he possibly realized how bad Rodney was.

At least Coach played 4 guards for a good portion of the game as he possibly realized how bad Rodney was.

He has no choice at this point. We have 6 healthy players. What an easily foreseeable disaster this season has become.

Advertisement

What does anyone think will happen with Rodney next season (his Senior year) if he continues on this trajectory? Back as a starter or bench contributor, buried on any depth chart, hitting the portal?

ok boomer.

Advertisement
The entire injury stuff could have be mitigated by using our remaining ships on other transfers

Advertisement
The entire injury stuff could have be mitigated by using our remaining ships on other transfers

Bullchit. The FBI imposed an actual punishment and said we're not allowed to. This is the first and only time this ever happened too. They said no matter what, you may never use all of your scholarships. They were able to retroactively prevent us from using scholarships too.

Last edited:
What does anyone think will happen with Rodney next season (his Senior year) if he continues on this trajectory? Back as a starter or bench contributor, buried on any depth chart, hitting the portal?

Whatever should logically happen, won't.

My guess is they will:

1. Name Rodney the starter for next season this summer.
2. They will hit Brooks with a bat and then drive over him with a truck.
3. They will not use all of their scholarships.

It will be interesting what happens with Stone. If he can't play this year or play quality burn, and knowing how well we used our scholarships in the past, we should apply for a waiver.

Stone can provide depth and have Rodney's scholarship. Rodney graduated and has been here for 4 years, enough is enough.

PF: Sam
C: Brooks

Bench: Stone, Gak and Walker

I’m not sure what Coach L promised Rodney in exchange for him redshirting.

It’s time to move on though

Advertisement
Back