Pitt Rolling VT

We were not lucky, we beat Pitt because we were simply the better team, it wasn't a close nail biter game.

I know you think we suck & we're supposed to lose every game we play, I get it, but you gotta stop with the idea that Miami is some tiny little Dormouse shivering in the corner scared for our lives...

Aside from Clemson & Notre Lame, we can hang with & beat every team in the ACC.

No we're not an undefeated juggernaut, but we're not as bad as you imagine us to be either, we're not winning games on accident or by luck, we're winning because we have a really good QB & an OC that has orchestrated a much improved offense.

Miami doesn't suck, get over it.
The Simpsons GIF

Advertisement
The only thing that kept that Pitt game close was the 2 uncharacteristic INTs that King threw. One was returned to the 12 yd line and our defense held Pitt to a FG. The other INT was returned to the 1 yd line and Pitt got a TD. Pitt only scored 9 points outside of those 2 INTs, and gained 5.4 yds/pass and 0.8 yds/rush. Defense really dominated them.

This is just my opinion, but felt like King was really pressing that game and forced both of those passes that were INTs. Maybe he was frustrated after getting completely shut down vs Clemson, and tried too hard to make plays happen. He seemed to calm down after the Pitt game and hasn’t thrown a pick since then. But if he doesn’t force those 2 bad picks, the final score is 31-9.

The only thing that kept that Pitt game close was the 2 uncharacteristic INTs that King threw. One was returned to the 12 yd line and our defense held Pitt to a FG. The other INT was returned to the 1 yd line and Pitt got a TD. Pitt only scored 9 points outside of those 2 INTs, and gained 5.4 yds/pass and 0.8 yds/rush. Defense really dominated them.

This is just my opinion, but felt like King was really pressing that game and forced both of those passes that were INTs. Maybe he was frustrated after getting completely shut down vs Clemson, and tried too hard to make plays happen. He seemed to calm down after the Pitt game and hasn’t thrown a pick since then. But if he doesn’t force those 2 bad picks, the final score is 31-9.

As it was, Miami EASILY could have won 38-19. Canes could have added a garbage time TD at the end (had 1st and 10 at the Pitt 20 with 1:45 to go) but Diaz decided to run out the clock.

Advertisement
No way we beat Pitt this year with that star Pickett. He lit Miami up for 18-34 -146 -2int last year. Can you say stud ?
Impressive...just over 50%....what about 7-8 you.....and kept it to just two interceptions....I’m sure all the pro scouts in the stadium were drooling.

Wrong amigo. If Pickett had been healthy the whole season, he runs away with the Heisman. That's Howe much of a difference he would have made against Miami. You will tell your grandkids about watching Kenny Pickett.
Where have we had this discussion before? Lol it’s like groundhog’s day in here

The intellectual dishonesty in this thread is impressive.

Kenny Pickett is a slightly above average ACC QB.

the kid they played against us would be ranked as 2nd worse ACC QB (behind Syracuse).

Pickett is a huge upgrade over that kid. Not saying Pitt beats us but I am saying Pickett makes Pitt a much tougher out.

the discussion should not be about how good is Pickett, it should be about how much better he is than the 2nd string QB. He is a major upgrade.

What does that have to go with VT not being able to score against them? Was pickett playing LB today too?
Today, Pitt is playing a lot better with Pickett than when we played them. Perhaps, their good Defense is clicking with their momentum. Perhaps, VT has given up on the season after losing to us and Liberty. Point is, to the previous post, this Pitt team isn’t the same team we faced because their best player was out.

Advertisement
I'd say Pickett is good, but not enough that Pitt would have beaten us. But if he's as good as y'all make him out to be, then **** have him knock off Clemson next week so we can take a shot at the Domers.

I find it amazing that these teams still invest so much emotional capital into playing Miami, like we're still 2001-relevant.
Beating UM still means something. Also, we have a lot of primetime games. Guys who are trying to make a name for themselves can use the exposure.

Huh? I am 7-0 in predicting (nothing to brag about) Miami games this year. Clearly, I don’t we suck. A team that sucks doesn’t go 6-1. I have said multiple times, Miami is a top 15-20 team with this schedule.
Psst. Before you troll you might want to make sure you got the facts together.

7-1 7-1 7-1 Keep saying it....

Advertisement
Pickett is not worth 12 points over the backup. His previous two games against Miami his combined numbers were 32-54 276 0td 2int. Even if you want to make the unfounded statement that he’s somehow way better this year than he used to be, the numbers don’t really support it. He’s still statistically average and he had the luxury of not having to play against their two toughest opponents this year. The only reason the he Pitt game wasn’t a complete blowout was King throwing two interceptions that got returned deep into Miami territory. One all the way to the one yard line. Not to mention Miami took a knee three times in the red zone to run out the clock when they could have easily scored more points. If anyone was lucky, it was Pitt that the game wasn’t 38-9.

Pickett is not worth 12 points over the backup. His previous two games against Miami his combined numbers were 32-54 276 0td 2int. Even if you want to make the unfounded statement that he’s somehow way better this year than he used to be, the numbers don’t really support it. He’s still statistically average and he had the luxury of not having to play against their two toughest opponents this year. The only reason the he Pitt game wasn’t a complete blowout was King throwing two interceptions that got returned deep into Miami territory. One all the way to the one yard line. Not to mention Miami took a knee three times in the red zone to run out the clock when they could have easily scored more points. If anyone was lucky, it was Pitt that the game wasn’t 38-9.
But if we had Pickett, we wouldn’t have lost to Penn State in 87, Notre Dame in 88, Alabama in 92, Nebraska in 95, or Ohio State in 02. Pickett is THE straw that stirs the drink

Advertisement
We beat a Pitt team without their starting star QB so no we didn’t exactly beat the team that rolled VT..
Why do these missing players never seem to matter when the situation is reversed? When we lose without our starters and people bring it up we're just making excuses but for anyone we beat somehow we can't take glory for the win. I don't get it.

Why do these missing players never seem to matter when the situation is reversed? When we lose without our starters and people bring it up we're just making excuses but for anyone we beat somehow we can't take glory for the win. I don't get it.
Exactly!!!! I wonder if those clowns are really fans or just trolling! I might have to start letting out my troll sniffing dogs....

Advertisement
Back