Pitt Rolling VT

Advertisement
Without a doubt.
Drake Reaction GIF by DJ Khaled

Back up completed less than 50% of his passes and qb rating was 49. You call that decent. LMAO
They had a lot of drops too my dude
And threw it away a few times when he had open guys.
Except he’s not better. Statistically he’s improved slightly. He went from below average to average. He’s probably better than N’kosi Perry but Jarren Williams is better than him. He’s currently tied for 51st in QBR. If he had actually played against Clemson it would be even lower.
where’s Jarren? Lol

Except he’s not better. Statistically he’s improved slightly. He went from below average to average. He’s probably better than N’kosi Perry but Jarren Williams is better than him. He’s currently tied for 51st in QBR. If he had actually played against Clemson it would be even lower.
Pitt's a much better team with Pickett than with Yellen. That's all that matters for this discussion. You can give me QBR all day, but Jarren isn't better than Pickett, and Pickett's far superior to anything else Pitt has.

They asked Narduzzi about the chance of Pickett coming back next year, and he said he'd beg him to come back. The only people who think Pickett is trash are UM fans dug in on their opinion that Yellen and Pickett are the same.

Advertisement
Facts. Facts. And more ******* facts.

Wake Forrest and UNC will tell us a lot about how good we really are. Unless of course, we get lucky and they lose their QB’s..
We pretty much know how good we are. We're better than last year because we have an awesome QB and a good OC. Our D is worse, and we exhibit the same up and down approach we have for years.

We're an average to good team that can beat less talented ACC teams without their QBs. Will we be good enough to beat decent ACC teams with their QBs? We'll see soon enough hopefully.

We pretty much know how good we are. We're better than last year because we have an awesome QB and a good OC. Our D is worse, and we exhibit the same up and down approach we have for years.

We're an average to good team that can beat less talented ACC teams without their QBs. Will we be good enough to beat decent ACC teams with their QBs? We'll see soon enough hopefully.
Jimmy Fallon Thank You GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Yeah you right, but with the soft zone we play and our lack of pressure with the front 4 at the start of the season, he would have had time to pick us apart. The backups missed a lot of open guys. Our pass defense is not good
Hooker and Armstrong are much higher graded players and neither picked us apart.

I'm still waiting for a single fact in one of your responses.

Pickett is better than Yellen. Pitt with Pickett would be more formidable than the Pitt we faced. We won and would probably have won against Pickett also.

We are not yet a great team and have no pretenses that we are. ND thinks their sht don't stink. I will enjoy the punch in the face that reality will deliver.

Pitt's a much better team with Pickett than with Yellen. That's all that matters for this discussion. You can give me QBR all day, but Jarren isn't better than Pickett, and Pickett's far superior to anything else Pitt has.

They asked Narduzzi about the chance of Pickett coming back next year, and he said he'd beg him to come back. The only people who think Pickett is trash are UM fans dug in on their opinion that Yellen and Pickett are the same.
Every coach in America would prefer to bring back his current starter next year. We’ve already had this discussion. I agree that Pitt is better with their starter but I disagree that he’s so good they would have beaten UM. You’re essentially saying that he’s worth two touchdowns and I don’t believe he’s that much of a difference maker. I’ve seen him go up against UM three times and never was I like “wow they have a good QB” Even the game they won had much more to do with their defense stifling Malik Rosier than their offense lighting it up.

Advertisement
Every coach in America would prefer to bring back his current starter next year. We’ve already had this discussion. I agree that Pitt is better with their starter but I disagree that he’s so good they would have beaten UM. You’re essentially saying that he’s worth two touchdowns and I don’t believe he’s that much of a difference maker. I’ve seen him go up against UM three times and never was I like “wow they have a good QB” Even the game they won had much more to do with their defense stifling Malik Rosier than their offense lighting it up.
No. I'm saying he's a much better QB than Yellen, and the game would have gone differently with Pickett at QB than it did with Yellen from start to finish. Maybe Pickett would have thrown 5 interceptions and played the worst game of his life, and we would have beaten them by 28. But the odds are, given what I've seen from Pitt this year, that he would have played much better than Yellen and the game would not have gone exactly as it did with Yellen at QB.

Just saying "Pickett isn't worth 2 scores" is as disingenuous as playing the whole transitive property game because you're assuming everything would have transpired the same way but just swap Pickett's stats for Yellen's. Us winning by 2 scores is totally inconsequential, as it would have been a completely different game start to finish. If you've watched Pitt play with Pickett and without this year, you'll notice a completely different team. Having your 4 year starter and leader can change the entire team's confidence level and approach to the game, which is why leadership is so important. If your guy is there, you approach the game totally differently.

No. I'm saying he's a much better QB than Yellen, and the game would have gone differently with Pickett at QB than it did with Yellen from start to finish. Maybe Pickett would have thrown 5 interceptions and played the worst game of his life, and we would have beaten them by 28. But the odds are, given what I've seen from Pitt this year, that he would have played much better than Yellen and the game would not have gone exactly as it did with Yellen at QB.

Just saying "Pickett isn't worth 2 scores" is as disingenuous as playing the whole transitive property game because you're assuming everything would have transpired the same way but just swap Pickett's stats for Yellen's. Us winning by 2 scores is totally inconsequential, as it would have been a completely different game start to finish. If you've watched Pitt play with Pickett and without this year, you'll notice a completely different team. Having your 4 year starter and leader can change the entire team's confidence level and approach to the game, which is why leadership is so important. If your guy is there, you approach the game totally differently.
I think you just locked in King being out for WF and testing that. Thanks.

Advertisement
as soon as Pickett came back and Pitt started playing very well after losing and looking like **** without him.

Pickett has been back for two games: FSU and VT. Pitt could have beaten FSU 41-17 with a 2rd grader at QB. How much of a difference do you think Pickett's return made in that game? And Pickett threw for just 210 yards with 0 TDs and 0 INTs against one of the worst teams in CFB. Whatever credit you are giving to him for his performance against VT should be offset by his thoroughly mediocre performance against FSU.

And I'm sure you are going to contest this point, but Pitt got VT at home after Miami absolutely gut-punched VT and mentally broke them. I think a physical Pitt team with just about any QB would have been able to thrash that demoralized VT team. Pickett presence hasn't really changed anything for Pitt. I think they would have won those two games by close to the same margins with Yellen (I think Pickett is probably good for about a TD more per game than Yellen).

Advertisement
Back