Pitt Rolling VT

The bar is that low ? Shouts out to you and a slew of other posters who really knows the game, who really knows Hurricane Football.
It’s that bad.

That’s why I like this site , there’s a lot of long time, knowledgeable Miami/football fans. Pound for pound there’s more here than anywhere else imo.

Advertisement
Didn’t he beat us in 17? This Pitt team is significantly better than those teams. I’m not even sure why you bring up those games since they don’t affect this year’s game, what so ever. Their Defense is really good. Pickett is a stud. Miami is very lucky he didn’t play in that game.
Yep 1st start for him to

It’s that bad.

That’s why I like this site , there’s a lot of long time, knowledgeable Miami/football fans. Pound for pound there’s more here than anywhere else imo.
It’s a dangerous combination of ignorance and arrogance that afflicts the fans that are the most difficult to deal with.

Our state and fan base are loaded with some of the most arrogant fans to lace them up. Mix in complete lack of knowledge or need to be right and you have the phenomenon that you’re dealing with Cribby.

Advertisement
Didn’t he beat us in 17? This Pitt team is significantly better than those teams. I’m not even sure why you bring up those games since they don’t affect this year’s game, what so ever. Their Defense is really good. Pickett is a stud. Miami is very lucky he didn’t play in that game.

And, of course, we played them at full-strength...correct?

No doubt ? Lol, ok.

This isn’t how it works , that’s your opinion. Imo it’s a dumb *** opinion. He’s an average to above average qb. Sorry if that rustle you’re Jimmies.

Nobody thinks he’s good other than a couple clueless Miami fans. A couple fans that most think are trolls. Weird right?

It’s funny everyone makes fun of us losing even if we’re without starters, or having close games missig 13-14 guys. But a couple dummies that’s supposedly “ fans “ defend other trans missing a starter. A starter that isn’t even good. Lmao.
Well we made the backup look decent. We make every teams QB look all world. I’m not rustled, I’m just being real. You definitely sound rustled and got defensive. Miami is not a very well coached team and our players do not fit the defensive system. I don’t like us loosing games and I don’t defend that ****. While we were missing some guys but most are/were backups that don’t even play. Jordan don’t count cause he been out due to injury half his career. The oline is another thing. But we were not talking about that. But tell me this, you must be a decent QB if you are leading the nation in passing yards (even though half the country was not playing games yet at that time), correct? And based on how trash our soft zone defense is and has been since baker took over, and the yards the backups threw for in our game it’s safe to say buddy would have picked the defense apart. That is all I’m saying and you went off talking about some other stupid **** that has nothing to do with that

No doubt why? Because YOU said so? We were without Brevin Jordan. We weren't full strength either. That matters for them but means nothing for Miami? Lot of bull this morning.
Come on bro, a TE is nowhere near as important as the QB. Plus Brev, as good as he is usually out with an injury. Unfortunate but it’s truth. And have you not seen our soft zone defense?

Advertisement
Well we made the backup look decent. We make every teams QB look all world. I’m not rustled, I’m just being real. You definitely sound rustled and got defensive. Miami is not a very well coached team and our players do not fit the defensive system. I don’t like us loosing games and I don’t defend that ****. While we were missing some guys but most are/were backups that don’t even play. Jordan don’t count cause he been out due to injury half his career. The oline is another thing. But we were not talking about that. But tell me this, you must be a decent QB if you are leading the nation in passing yards (even though half the country was not playing games yet at that time), correct? And based on how trash our soft zone defense is and has been since baker took over, and the yards the backups threw for in our game it’s safe to say buddy would have picked the defense apart. That is all I’m saying and you went off talking about some other stupid **** that has nothing to do with that
Back up completed less than 50% of his passes and qb rating was 49. You call that decent. LMAO

How About the year before that as well ! You know those are facts and a valid comparison since Pickett played in those games and not only lost but had HORRIBLE states in both games..... Ulike like your hypotheticals...
There is a lot of doubt that they would've beaten us with Pickett.

He was leading the nation in yardage because Pitt had played more games than everyone else and because they threw the ball a lot. You're being intentionally misleading.

The guy is a decent QB, that's it. He's 51st nationally in passer rating. He's 37th in PFF grades. He's expected to be a 5th or 6th round pick.

Maybe that's enough to beat us, maybe not. It's clearly not "no doubt".
Yeah you right, but with the soft zone we play and our lack of pressure with the front 4 at the start of the season, he would have had time to pick us apart. The backups missed a lot of open guys. Our pass defense is not good

We beat a Pitt team without their starting star QB so no we didn’t exactly beat the team that rolled VT..
These goofballs were trying to get wise with me about the huge difference Pickett makes for Pitt's team. Fcking morons. They carried on for three weeks about it but stopped as soon as Pickett came back and Pitt started playing very well after losing and looking like **** without him.

Advertisement
The intellectual dishonesty in this thread is impressive.

Kenny Pickett is a slightly above average ACC QB.

the kid they played against us would be ranked as 2nd worse ACC QB (behind Syracuse).

Pickett is a huge upgrade over that kid. Not saying Pitt beats us but I am saying Pickett makes Pitt a much tougher out.

the discussion should not be about how good is Pickett, it should be about how much better he is than the 2nd string QB. He is a major upgrade.
These dudes are mainly clowns. If King doesn't play, and Perry goes out there and goes 13-37 with 3 picks and we lose it would have been "they got lucky we didn't have King because we win that game going away with King."

Pickett doesn't have to be Dan Marino to beat us a few weeks ago; he just has to be better than the guy that went 3-20 for 3 yards in a blowout loss the following week to ND. And anyone who has watched 10 minutes of Pitt football this year knows Pitt is a completely different team with Pickett than with Yellen.

It's OK to have an honest discussion without digging the stilettos in.

I agree Pickett is a difference maker. Imagine if Perry were our QB because King went down? I think we’d be 4-4 not 7-1 right now. We’d be lucky to be 5-3. So yeah Pickett being out helped us tremendously.

That said, we did beat Pitt in previous years with him, so he’s not the only variable. You can argue we had Jordan’s out. And if you stretch the “this guy was out” argument further, we lost Rousseau for the season . I think our DBs would be looking a lot better this season with a disrupter like Rousseau as part of our pass rush.

Look, we’re not a great team. We’re a good team that lacks depth in several key positions. Marginally better than Pitt is. But we’re headed in the right direction and winning. I’ll take that for now. It’s much better than where we thought we’d be after the Louisiana Tech game.

2021 will all come down to filling the holes. Do we have the right QB? Are the CBs and LBs dramatically improved? Can we find a #1 WR? Can we have better playcalling on the defensive side, Fill those holes and we’ll be a MUCH better team next year with this new class coming in.

Advertisement
Idk why y’all bring up last year over and over with this guy? Is he not allowed to get better from one year to the next? He was leading the nation in yards before he got hurt this year. So yeah, he a good player. Their team is much better with him at QB. No doubt they would have beaten us.
Except he’s not better. Statistically he’s improved slightly. He went from below average to average. He’s probably better than N’kosi Perry but Jarren Williams is better than him. He’s currently tied for 51st in QBR. If he had actually played against Clemson it would be even lower.

These goofballs were trying to get wise with me about the huge difference Pickett makes for Pitt's team. Fcking morons. They carried on for three weeks about it but stopped as soon as Pickett came back and Pitt started playing very well after losing and looking like **** without him.
Got You GIF by memecandy

These dudes are mainly clowns. If King doesn't play, and Perry goes out there and goes 13-37 with 3 picks and we lose it would have been "they got lucky we didn't have King because we win that game going away with King."

Pickett doesn't have to be Dan Marino to beat us a few weeks ago; he just has to be better than the guy that went 3-20 for 3 yards in a blowout loss the following week to ND. And anyone who has watched 10 minutes of Pitt football this year knows Pitt is a completely different team with Pickett than with Yellen.

It's OK to have an honest discussion without digging the stilettos in.
Facts. Facts. And more ******* facts.

Wake Forrest and UNC will tell us a lot about how good we really are. Unless of course, we get lucky and they lose their QB’s..

Except he’s not better. Statistically he’s improved slightly. He went from below average to average. He’s probably better than N’kosi Perry but Jarren Williams is better than him. He’s currently tied for 51st in QBR. If he had actually played against Clemson it would be even lower.
Williams is better than Pickett? Am I reading that right?

Advertisement
Back