Pitt Rolling VT

Advertisement
VT/Pitt was easy money. Me and my gambling friends call this “ a two for one special “. Losing a heart breaking game to a rival then losing again the next week in a blow out. It’s stealing.
Miami was their last gasp. They were half checked out before that game and they’re done this year. I haven’t checked their schedule but it’s unlikely they win another game unless it’s a totally overmatched opponent.

Miami was their last gasp. They were half checked out before that game and they’re done this year. I haven’t checked their schedule but it’s unlikely they win another game unless it’s a totally overmatched opponent.
They've got Clemson next, followed by UVA.

Advertisement
He played vs NC St and BC and still lost.
Did you watch those games?

Vs. NC State game, Pickett threw for 411 yards, 1 TD, 0 ints. Pitt blew the game at the end and ACC refs didn’t do them any favors.

Vs. BC, Pickett threw for 256, 2 TD’s and 1 int. Not a great game but they lost in OT by 1 point. Is that really on him? C’mon.

Didn’t he beat us in 17? This Pitt team is significantly better than those teams. I’m not even sure why you bring up those games since they don’t affect this year’s game, what so ever. Their Defense is really good. Pickett is a stud. Miami is very lucky he didn’t play in that game.
We were not lucky, we beat Pitt because we were simply the better team, it wasn't a close nail biter game.

I know you think we suck & we're supposed to lose every game we play, I get it, but you gotta stop with the idea that Miami is some tiny little Dormouse shivering in the corner scared for our lives...

Aside from Clemson & Notre Lame, we can hang with & beat every team in the ACC.

No we're not an undefeated juggernaut, but we're not as bad as you imagine us to be either, we're not winning games on accident or by luck, we're winning because we have a really good QB & an OC that has orchestrated a much improved offense.

Miami doesn't suck, get over it.

We were not lucky, we beat Pitt because we were simply the better team, it wasn't a close nail biter game.

I know you think we suck & we're supposed to lose every game we play, I get it, but you gotta stop with the idea that Miami is some tiny little Dormouse shivering in the corner scared for our lives...

No we're not an undefeated juggernaut, but we're not as bad as you imagine us to be either, we're not winning games on accident or by luck, we're winning because we have a really good QB & an OC that has orchestrated a much improved offense.

I remember a couple guys saying in the off season they were mostly confident because of the oc and qb.

Pickett is an average at best quarterback we’ve seen him against us three times already and even in the game they won, he played poorly. Jarren Williams is better.

Wrong amigo. If Pickett had been healthy the whole season, he runs away with the Heisman. That's how much of a difference he would have made against Miami. You will tell your grandkids about watching Kenny Pickett.

Advertisement
VT/Pitt was easy money. Me and my gambling friends call this “ a two for one special “. Losing a heart breaking game to a rival then losing again the next week in a blow out. It’s stealing.
I find it amazing that these teams still invest so much emotional capital into playing Miami, like we're still 2001-relevant.

Advertisement
Wrong amigo. If Pickett had been healthy the whole season, he runs away with the Heisman. That's how much of a difference he would have made against Miami. You will tell your grandkids about watching Kenny Pickett.
Toss up between him and Bo Nix.

Va Tech had two back to back home games against ranked teams, and they were bound for a letdown. The Canes beat both teams, so it’s hard for me to determine what this game means for the Canes.

A lot of ranked teams struggled against teams that were much worse, like UGA against Miss St., Oregon against UCLA and Cincinnati against UCF (the AAC isn’t a good conference). Winning is what matters for the Canes right now. Finish 10-1, make a great New Year’s Day bowl game, keep your recruiting class together and pick up a few more recruits before NSD, and continue to build the program. That’s a great season

Advertisement

Huh? I am 7-0 in predicting (nothing to brag about) Miami games this year. Clearly, I don’t we suck. A team that sucks doesn’t go 6-1. I have said multiple times, Miami is a top 15-20 team with this schedule.

I agree, King is the biggest reason we are 6-1 with Lashlee coming in at 2nd. However, I do disagree we were not lucky Pickett and Leary did not play against us. Had they played, I’m not sold we win both those games, especially the NC State game. Pitt and NC State are entirely different on Offense when those guys are on the field.

The ACC is a bad conference and our schedule is not impressive. This 6-1 record, although nice, doesn’t hold much water to me when the best team we beat (Nc State) has 3 losses, didn’t have their starting QB when we faced them and a god awful Defense. To me, this season is about racking up wins and building for the future. Because next year, when King is gone (and other players announcing after the season), reality might hit us all in the face.

Huh? I am 7-0 in predicting (nothing to brag about) Miami games this year. Clearly, I don’t we suck. A team that sucks doesn’t go 6-1. I have said multiple times, Miami is a top 15-20 team with this schedule.

I agree, King is the biggest reason we are 6-1 with Lashlee coming in at 2nd. However, I do disagree ....l.

The ACC is a bad conference and our schedule is not impressive. This 6-1 record, although nice, ....reality might hit us all in the face.

Hey, Siri, what is the Miami Hurricanes football record?

This year is so fvcked up with missing players, games being moved, empty stadiums and all these stupid protocols that it’s really hard to judge a team. Can’t wait until all this **** is over with and we can get back to full squads and full stadiums.
Some may downvote me to **** but I think this stuff has actually given our team, and other darkhorses and underdogs like them a chance this season. Some unpredictability/lack of pressure and packed stadiums helps to even out the playing field a little bit.

I can't help thinking about the Heat and their final's run when looking at our season this year and wonder if they would've made it that far in any other case. I think this season helped us a lot and we needed a good year to build from.

Some may downvote me to **** but I think this stuff has actually given our team, and other darkhorses and underdogs like them a chance this season. Some unpredictability/lack of pressure and packed stadiums helps to even out the playing field a little bit.

I can't help thinking about the Heat and their final's run when looking at our season this year and wonder if they would've made it that far in any other case. I think this season helped us a lot and we needed a good year to build from.
Valid points. It is what it is. Just keep winning and hope we can beat a good opponent in the bowl game.

Advertisement
Back