Pitt opens as 10 point favorite

Our defense is terrible tho.. like how did we get this bad.. we cant tackle for ****, no pass rush, blitzes have no affect, ugh..
Yes, our defense is abysmal. NCST still gashed us big time yesterday. Ran it pretty successfully against us. Wide open receivers all night. Our 3rd down defense was the surprise last night. They were only 3-14 on 3rd down. All other P5 teams we played have been right at 50% or better converting 3rd downs.

We also were fortunate with some key dropped passes. Our tackling was also better than it has been. Maybe we aren’t the worst tackling team in the nation now.

If we were able to win last night, then we have a chance against Pitt, even with our incompetent DC. I’m hoping Pitt comes out flat and unfocused. Probably wishful thinking.

Advertisement
Yes, our defense is abysmal. NCST still gashed us big time yesterday. Ran it pretty successfully against us. Wide open receivers all night. Our 3rd down defense was the surprise last night. They were only 3-14 on 3rd down. All other P5 teams we played have been right at 50% or better converting 3rd downs.

We also were fortunate with some key dropped passes. Our tackling was also better than it has been. Maybe we aren’t the worst tackling team in the nation now.

If we were able to win last night, then we have a chance against Pitt, even with our incompetent DC. I’m hoping Pitt comes out flat and unfocused. Probably wishful thinking.
Ran it? They had 72 rushing yards on 21 traditional carries. They had 40 rushing yards on the fake punt.

Ran it? They had 72 rushing yards on 21 traditional carries. They had 40 rushing yards on the fake punt.
I didn’t say they ran it down our throats, but they did have some success. Much better than our 2.5 yds per carry. I saw several times where we had them stopped in the backfield for a loss and they muscled thru our d-line and linebackers for positive gains. Yeah, that fake punt skewed the numbers, but it counts, unfortunately. We weren’t prepared for it and they made it look easy.

Advertisement

They couldn’t run for **** against us.

Advertisement
I didn’t say they ran it down our throats, but they did have some success. Much better than our 2.5 yds per carry. I saw several times where we had them stopped in the backfield for a loss and they muscled thru our d-line and linebackers for positive gains. Yeah, that fake punt skewed the numbers, but it counts, unfortunately. We weren’t prepared for it and they made it look easy.
Yeah they didn't run the ball well against us. They have arguably the best RB duo in the league.

Yeah they didn't run the ball well against us. They have arguably the best RB duo in the league.
Again, they didn’t have their best rushing game against us like most teams. They had over 100+ yds for 5.0 avg with 1 rushing TD. That’s having a little success against us. Seemed like the 2nd half they were starting to run over our guys, but they threw it more. Our d-stepped up on some big plays and definitely played better against the run, but let’s not act like our D completely dominated them.

Advertisement
The NC state game caught their attention...

I think Pitt will be ready.... look for long bombs over our secondary. Expecting a Jacory type long ball in the first series.. ...Whipple special.

If Lashlee just lets TVD play free without conservative calls, we could be in for an entertaining slugfest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back