Pitt at Miami (-4.5) 2:15 PM on the CW Saturday Jan 27

Advertisement
This is the answer. The bench doesn’t even have to produce much they just have to eat some minutes… but the load on the starters is just not sustainable.
1706390482161.png

Quick thoughts:
-definitely missed Matt. Too much jump shooting for me. How many points in the paint did we have?
-Wooga isn’t 100%. Then he tweaks the ankle. Again. Or at least it looked that way
-looks like a rotating doghouse. No Watson. Is he hurt? Definitely didn’t like his bench body language
-Pitt lost this game. We didn’t win it. Terrible choke job in the second half
-the same coaching mistake. Again? Why no 2 for 1 in the final minute? Do you really want to give the other team a chance to win on the final shot?
-a win is a win I guess

Way to get the W. That’s about the good I’ll say.

This is my most disliked canes hoops team in the L era. Even when we were atrocious for that span my anger was towards L because I thought he was doing the program a major disservice not filling roster spots. This team plays like a group of randoms playing up at the local LA fitness. That shot wooga took to have a chance to put the game away is beyond pathetic.

Celebrate the wins agains the bad teams because to beat a good team everything under the sun is going to have to align for us to do it.
Pack's jacked up 3 from the logo with time on the shot clock was pretty bad too. This shouldn't be a surprise to any of us.

Advertisement
This is the answer. The bench doesn’t even have to produce much they just have to eat some minutes… but the load on the starters is just not sustainable.
Good points, but the answer is larger than that. Not trying to be argumentative but read BrooklynDee's posts just now in "This Team Is a Disappointment"

Good points, but the answer is larger than that. Not trying to be argumentative but read BrooklynDee's posts just now in "This Team Is a Disappointment"

His post is literally absurd. Yes there are things to be questioned about this year but to bash L after the complete transformation of the basketball program is just awful.

Omier leads the league in double doubles. Weird he doesn’t want his newphew to have that kind of success.

What’s wrong @Brooklyndee - your nephew can’t be as good as Omier?

Coach L being our best coach ever is true.

Coach L making bball important at Miami also true.

Coach L not doing a good job pushing the right buttons with this team can also be true.

100% (I actually think it’s more just than a button pushing issue) - but @Brooklyndee is bashing L and telling his nephew (who is allegedly an elite big and being recruited by Miami) not to go to Miami is pathetic.

Seems like someone is not getting the access or pandering they want.

Advertisement
100% (I actually think it’s more just than a button pushing issue) - but @Brooklyndee is bashing L and telling his nephew (who is allegedly an elite big and being recruited by Miami) not to go to Miami is pathetic.

Seems like someone is not getting the access or pandering they want.
Yet you bother to make sure I read this. Lmao you kind sir are simply lame...
He was 16 in most of these highlights playing all seniors. 17 in some. #1 player in his state. #2 big in the country. What exactly would coach l do with him in this system? Instead of being some dip **** who makes emotional comments when I've done far more for this university than you've ever dreamed of even outside of playing here, you should learn to take emotion out of it and realize no matter what your heart tells you or your ties lead you towards is being here in his best interest. It's a simple answer. Sorry you feel that's hating on coach. I love what coach l has done for here and I realize basketball is a different game now. But size is size. He's not a player that would thrive in this offense cause coach has never ran an offense through his bigs. Just my opinion. I've spent enough time on this though. You feel whatever you'd like.

Last edited:
Only thing that can be explained is our starters are playing too many minutes and with injuries they aren't practicing and fatigue is an issue. Last 10 minutes we were out of gas. Larranaga has given up on Casey and Watson, too.
So did I. Well before Coach L did. Djobet looks better, Nwoko has size. You forgot to mention Jakai.

Suspect we'll see Casey, Watson and Jakai in the Portal. I'm sure they can play somewhere, just not working out here. We're a jump shooting team, and they don't fit. I don't know why L recruits any Guards or Wings who can't regularly hit three pointers.

Djobet's form on his jump shot isn't bad at all, and he plays with confidence. Speaking of jump shots, George doesn't really have one. He drills an old-fashioned one handed set shot (last seen in the NBA in the 1950s). He had one shot blocked today because he has no lift off the floor whatsoever but .... I wouldn't have him change a thing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Suspect we'll see Casey, Watson and Jakai in the Portal. I'm sure they can play somewhere, just not working out here. We're a jump shooting team, and they don't fit. I don't know why L recruits anyone who can't regularly hit three pointers.

Djobet's form on his jump shot isn't bad at all, and he plays with confidence. Speaking of jump shots, George doesn't really have one. He drills an old-fashioned one handed set shot (last seen in the NBA in the 1950s). He had one shot blocked today because he has no lift off the floor whatsoever but .... I wouldn't have him change a thing.
Casey and Robinson are mid major players (maybe). Watson can play here but clearly L doesn’t want to give him the minutes needed for him to get comfortable.

Advertisement
Quick thoughts:
-definitely missed Matt. Too much jump shooting for me. How many points in the paint did we have?
-Wooga isn’t 100%. Then he tweaks the ankle. Again. Or at least it looked that way
-looks like a rotating doghouse. No Watson. Is he hurt? Definitely didn’t like his bench body language
-Pitt lost this game. We didn’t win it. Terrible choke job in the second half
-the same coaching mistake. Again? Why no 2 for 1 in the final minute? Do you really want to give the other team a chance to win on the final shot?
-a win is a win I guess
Watson is in the doghouse. I could speculate why. I seriously doubt Jim drew it up that way. Some of the on court decisions are head scratches. I do believe too many minutes is taking its toll.

Advertisement
Back