Phillips declares

Thanks for the year... You gave us a solid DE for the year and we gave you a shot to live an NFL dream... Wish him the best...
That bodes well for recruiting - both for high school players and future high risk/high reward portal players.

Advertisement

I understand why he would leave , worked his *** off and probably will be a 1st-3round draft pick , he has injury history so why come back and risk another injury and miss a chance on the NFL , with him GR15 and
roche going high in the draft it will only help us in recruiting

Those guys you listed weren’t top 10 picks. They were #1 non-QB picks. There are plenty of guys taken in every NFL draft that are just as big if reaches as Phillips and Rousseau.
Name them....I’m not being a ****. I seriously want to know who in recent years? This nfl is different than the old nfl. You can’t ***** up top ten picks or you’re fired in two to three years. Then you’re career is done. DL that go top ten are pretty much sure things. Not one year wonders , playing in a gimmick defense that pads stats. Then mix in both being very raw with very little tape. Zero as the man going into the year being game planned against week one through twelve.

This is beyond risky.

Advertisement
Good move and good luck

selfishly scared at what we could look like next year.

good chance we lose
King
Jordan
Phillips
Roche
Bolden
Boregales

you could argue that is our 6 best players.
I think bolden coming back for sure , we have the younger boregales and he is just as good from what I saw , it wouldn’t be smart for brevin to leave but it also wouldnt be smart if he come back and get injured again next year so it’s 50-50 with him, roche is gone , but our Dline reloads every year , and king is also 50-50 but he definitely should come back , I would hate to see tvd or jake Garcia going against bama

This is why Miami will never be back. Guys leaving early while Clemson and Alabama get there stars to stay

This is a huge problem for us. Once juniors start coming back it’ll show you that this program is serious about winning. Our guys bounce to the league when they get a little nfl hype regardless of how developed they are. Guys at Bama and Clemson come back and improve their draft stock and WIN. They set the tone for the rest of the players in the program. That’s how you change the culture.

GR15 is a good guy and he'll be a great pro but he did give up on his team and he should get some **** for that. I'd have more respect if he sat out the year but didn't use covid as an excuse. His situation is completely different from Philip's.
Again, I see it completely differently. No differently than a Fournette, Bosa, McCaffrey … or even a Tua — or a Tiger Woods. And you may feel that those guys gave up on their team as well. I just don’t understand the whole “give up on your team thing”, at all; makes no sense — to me. If I thought that way, I don’t, I would penalize every player who didn’t play out every year of his scholarship. That’s absurd. Again, to me.

COVID as an excuse reason is different in what way than any other excuse reason? I just don’t see how it matters. Because to me, giving up on a team is NOT leaving a team, giving up on a team is staying on the team and not putting forth the work (“rumored” cause of non-motivation of Clowney and Garbin, J).

Advertisement
Name them....I’m not being a ****. I seriously want to know who in recent years? This nfl is different than the old nfl. You can’t ***** up top ten picks or you’re fired in two to three years. Then you’re career is done. DL that go top ten are pretty much sure things. Not one year wonders , playing in a gimmick defense that pads stats. Then mix in both being very raw with very little tape. Zero as the man going into the year being game planned against week one through twelve.

This is beyond risky.
I see him as a fringe 1st rounder. Maybe be a guy someone trades up for in round 2.

Lol wtf are you talking about. Go talk in riddles with someone who cares to listen to your strawman.

And you should continue to expect more dumb votes. Half the crap you say on here is condescending boomer ****.
You have anger issues and can’t handle contrasting point of view with out foul language , name calling and threatening promises.

hopefully things will improve for you until then we’ll see how things improve

I think bolden coming back for sure , we have the younger boregales and he is just as good from what I saw , it wouldn’t be smart for brevin to leave but it also wouldnt be smart if he come back and get injured again next year so it’s 50-50 with him, roche is gone , but our Dline reloads every year , and king is also 50-50 but he definitely should come back , I would hate to see tvd or jake Garcia going against bama
Agree. Phillips is a raw talent with a lot of upside. For every nice play. he was out of position. Would have like to see how he competes against NFL tackle type talent. I'd be shocked if goes top 10 let alone first round. Not sure he is a difference maker as a pass rusher at the next level in a throwing league. Will be interesting to see how he develops under good NFL coaching. With his injury history, I fully understand why he is declaring.

And ridiculous take, me being a Miami fan has NOTHING to do with how I feel About greg and Phillips as nfl draft prospects. Phillips is as gifted as Any de that has played since Myles garret in college and that’s not an exaggeration. He’s going to test really well at the combine . I’m just saying this is a really weak edge class and the 2 most gifted ones happen to be from Miami 🤷🏾‍♂️💯. Ain’t nothing wrong with that because it’s facts.

could both have used another year ? Absolutely but don’t look foolish when the draft comes around
Myles Garret 😂😂😂😂😂😂

canes fans funny

Advertisement
At this point Manny should have his pick of anyone in the portal. Colbert and Phillips should literally be on a how to resurrect your life pamphlet.

Most top ten picks are sure things , if you miss on two first rounders ( too 10) your career as a gm is done. Like I said “ IF IM A GM there’s no way I’m using a top ten on either.
Both of these players have Top 10 measurables and POTENTIAL talent but aren't close to Top 10 players. I feel they will go in the 15-25 area because they have the measurables.

For a dude who was medically retired a couple years ago, I can understand wanting to take his chances with the NFL now. Can't argue with this decision.
Proud of this man. He one consistent ALL season. He play hard every down and into the first round. This is incredible considering the fact that he was staring at his career in the rear view a few years ago. He deserves all of it! Plus he played like a true cane. Hard not to love this story. It’s also great for recruiting. You work hard and handle your business, you can literally change your entire situation in one year.

Advertisement
It'll be interesting to see how they develop at the next level. Phillips to me is the better athlete and GR had the better supporting cast on the DL. Roche, he won't go as high as either, but he may stay in the league far longer.

This is beyond risky.
Dion Jordan
Ezekial Ansah
Barkevious Mingo
They all came out of the same year.
Solomon Thomas
Clelin Ferrell hasn’t really lived up to expectations of a 4th overall pick

I always felt that GR15 could cost himself a few million by opting out and hiring Rosenhaus. But GR15 is a special talent, and does have a higher ceiling than Phillips. Although GR15 may not get drafted higher, he should have a great NFL career. Frankly, I hope Kiper is right and GR15 falls to my Dolphins❗

Tbh I’d roll with history over most of the dweeb gm’s.

GR15 isn’t a freak of nature , go watch Myles Garret, Chase young , Von Miller destroying grown men every play , young only doing it with a speed rush. Being double teamed and sometimes tripled with a rb chipping.

Find me that with these two ( just one play ) and I might agree.

I will say this there’s not many outside guys this year that pop off the edge , maybe I’m missing somebody so that’ll help. GR is definitely a better prospect , his ceiling blows Philips away.
I get what you're saying and agree with you to an extent. Those guys were all top 3 picks, and had better resumes coming out of college than Greg but Greg can be dominant like those guys if you ask me. Remember, Greg was a WR and Safety up until his senior year of high school when he became a full time DE. His ceiling is astronomical.

Advertisement
Back