Phillips declares

Advertisement
Saying a kid won't go 1st or 2nd round is ****ting on him? Shut the fuq up. He didn't kill a **** thing. He had 8 sacks and played 1 year of football. Hardly killed anything.
He's being mocked top 10 by multiple sites. Again, put your $ where your mouth is.

Exactly the point.

These guys are not Myles Garrett, Von Miller or chase young. That’s what top ten picks look like. While playing in schemes not putting up stats like it’s a Mike Dantoni system.

Both are raw and need time , it’s just insane to take them in the top ten. I’d take mid late first but way too risky that early.
I still could see rousseau going in the 5-10 range but I agree there is a lot of risk.

You’re always drinking the Miami player kool aid , I used to do that years ago. So I understand.

Miami’s scheme makes dl look way better than what they’re. That’s just facts. Willis was the best dl we’ve had in years and I’m not sure he’s even on a roster. He dominated **** near every game while getting doubled most plays. Guy was a dog.

In the nfl you actually have gap integrity and stopping the run is important, it’s easy to pile up stats when you just chase the QB every play with zero responsibility.

They could both be very good but they dont have hardly any film , not posting entire seasons as being the man , doubled every play play and schemed against every game.

Like I said I’d take then if they fell but there’s no way I use a top ten pick on either. Too risky imo. I’ve heard scouts say the same thing , especially with GR.

When I put on the fake gm hat I don’t care if you played for my favorite team. Blowing top ten picks get you fired.
So this only applies to our players? Nobody brings up how schemes help other players from scheme heavy teams like OU QBs, OU WRs, Bama RBs, OSU DBs, etc.

I respect you Cribby but when as fans are we going to just plain be happy for your players again? GR15 and JP owe us nothing. They played hard for us and I wish then well as hopefully first round picks. All that does is help us. Them dropping in the draft does not.

Advertisement
Anybody who would like to bet I'll take Phillips in to be a 1st or 2nd rounder. If you think 3rd or later I'm all ears for how much you'd like to bet. His stock is gonna go up even more at the combine.

I still could see rousseau going in the 5-10 range but I agree there is a lot of risk.
If I thought they sucked I wouldn’t be saying mid to late first , that’s good football players.

But to take those two in the top ten would be insane imo. That’s only for elite guys that’ll walk in to a de spot and staying there ten years. That’s sure things.

Both of these guys lack film , never had a full season of being the man and game planned against as the man while still being raw. Both came on later in the year , piling up stats in a few games. Garvin struggled because he didn’t have Jackson on the other side , and was doubled as the jab before Rousseau blew up. There was a lot of 1-1 ‘s with GR sacks.

Everything in saying I’ve heard mentioned by multiple scouts. I think it was on Fermans pod a scout said Philips didn’t face a good ol until Uva ( I think ) and he got stoned.

I’m looking at this as a gm , plus I’ve watched these guys up close a lot and know the scheme.

So this only applies to our players? Nobody brings up how schemes help other players from scheme heavy teams like OU QBs, OU WRs, Bama RBs, OSU DBs, etc.

I respect you Cribby but when as fans are we going to just plain be happy for your players again? GR15 and JP owe us nothing. They played hard for us and I wish then well as hopefully first round picks. All that does is help us. Them dropping in the draft does not.
Where is he saying he’s not happy for them? He’s simply saying if he was a GM he wouldn’t want to draft them Top 10. That’s a fair take and he explained the rationale. Dudes have to stop being so homerish. These kids should absolutely go get the money while it’s there, no one with a brain is suggesting otherwise.

Where is he saying he’s not happy for them? He’s simply saying if he was a GM he wouldn’t want to draft them Top 10. That’s a fair take and he explained the rationale. Dudes have to stop being so homerish. These kids should absolutely go get the money while it’s there, no one with a brain is suggesting otherwise.

You came in with the cape on but didn’t answer my question..

Advertisement
If I thought they sucked I wouldn’t be saying mid to late first , that’s good football players.

But to take those two in the top ten would be insane imo. That’s only for elite guys that’ll walk in to a de spot and staying there ten years. That’s sure things.

Both of these guys lack film , never had a full season of being the man and game planned against as the man while still being raw. Both came on later in the year , piling up stats in a few games. Garvin struggled because he didn’t have Jackson on the other side , and was doubled as the jab before Rousseau blew up. There was a lot of 1-1 ‘s with GR sacks.

Everything in saying I’ve heard mentioned by multiple scouts. I think it was on Fermans pod a scout said Philips didn’t face a good ol until Uva ( I think ) and he got stoned.

I’m looking at this as a gm , plus I’ve watched these guys up close a lot and know the scheme.
There are dudes taken in the top 10 every year just based off raw talent and athleticism.

I’m not saying I disagree with you cuz I believe there’s a lot of risk as well, but there’s always a GM who wants to be the smartest guy in the room

Im not looking at it as a fan , so he’s not “ our “ player at the next level. I wouldn’t want my eagles to draft them in the top ten. Because they aren’t that The folks getting butthurt are acting like fans. I don’t see elite pass rush moves , elite hands or overwhelming power. You have to be good or elite in all those areas. They’re very raw , hence why you don’t blow top ten picks. I hope y’all team jumps up and takes them at that spot and not my team. That being said in 2-3 years I could see both being goo

There are dudes taken in the top 10 every year just based off raw talent and athleticism.

I’m not saying I disagree with you cuz I believe there’s a lot of risk as well, but there’s always a GM who wants to be the smartest guy in the room
Most top ten picks are sure things , if you miss on two first rounders ( too 10) your career as a gm is done. Like I said “ IF IM A GM there’s no way I’m using a top ten on either.

Yeah is it more ridiculous than saying Mark Walton being just as good as Barkley? Like I said you’re blinded.

So before calling someone ridiculous about being unbiased look at your history.
I never Said walton was better than barkley. I said in that 2016 he was a feast or famine back like walton and their yards per carry were similar that year. That’s facts , he had a couple amazing games like walton in that season and was shut down in the rest, look at the gamelogs. That’s it man.

Not sure Where all this hostility is coming from since we’ve never been like that on here? **** that’s crazy, It’s cool though, no hard feelings, just voicing my opinion.

Advertisement
I never Said walton was better than barkley. I said in that 2016 he was a feast or famine back like walton and their yards per carry were similar that year. That’s facts , he had a couple amazing games like walton in that season and was **** down in the rest. That’s it man.

Not sure Where all this hostility is coming from since we’ve never been like that on here? **** that’s crazy, It’s cool though, no hard feelings, just voicing my opinion.
You said as good , I can pull it up if you want.

Advertisement
Most top ten picks are sure things , if you miss on two first rounders ( too 10) your career as a gm is done. Like I said “ IF IM A GM there’s no way I’m using a top ten on either.
I understand, and I’m with you. I wouldn’t take either of them that high either.

I think the fact that it’s a weak 4-3 DE class and they’ll both show out well in testing for a money position gives one of them a good chance of sneaking into the top 10-15 when someone wants to be the smartest GM.

Im not looking at it as a fan , so he’s not “ our “ player at the next level. I wouldn’t want my eagles to draft them in the top ten. Because they aren’t that The folks getting butthurt are acting like fans. I don’t see elite pass rush moves , elite hands or overwhelming power. You have to be good or elite in all those areas. They’re very raw , hence why you don’t blow top ten picks. I hope y’all team jumps up and takes them at that spot and not my team. That being said in 2-3 years I could see both being goo
Very fair assessment. Btw I ’m not an eagles fan (go lions!) but Roche would be a good fit for philly as a mid rounder.

Advertisement
Back