Phillips declares

Im not looking at it as a fan , so he’s not “ our “ player at the next level. I wouldn’t want my eagles to draft them in the top ten. Because they aren’t that The folks getting butthurt are acting like fans. I don’t see elite pass rush moves , elite hands or overwhelming power. You have to be good or elite in all those areas. They’re very raw , hence why you don’t blow top ten picks. I hope y’all team jumps up and takes them at that spot and not my team. That being said in 2-3 years I could see both being goo
I’m not butthurt because I don’t profit off either of them going in any round. Lol. But I’ll say again..funny how scheme is only brought up in certain scenarios but not in others. Scheme didn’t help your Eagles guy Jalen Hurts at OU? But I digress.

Advertisement
Don’t remember saying that. I know I said something to the fact that he was a feast or famine back like walton that season
you were saying he was as good but krazy cane said he was better lol. You never said better

I’m not butthurt because I don’t profit off either of them going in any round. Lol. But I’ll say again..funny how scheme is only brought up in certain scenarios but not in others. Scheme didn’t help your Eagles guy Jalen Hurts at OU? But I digress.
It did , but the nfl is running a lot of the college offenses now. So it’s not apples to apples. The nfl is going more and more spread , using rpo, zone read and a lot of Riley’s run blocking schemes. I promise no nfl team is running manny’s d, saying “ ***** the run, just go get the qb, f discipline”.

To be honest if I’m an nfl gm id stay away from both. Unless they fall.
Good thing you aren't. GR is a freak of nature. Supreme athleticism to go with his 6'7 255 - 265lbs frame and he has super long arms. He was dominant (14.5 sacks) in his only season playing. 14.5 sacks in a season is incredible, especially when you consider he only started 7 games. Greg is lock to be a 1st round pick. Picks 5-15 is a good range and value for him.

Phillips isn't a lock to be a 1st round pick in my mind. He's a great prospect with impressive traits too. I think he's more of a gamble than Greg though. I think he's guaranteed to go in the top 64 though.

Advertisement
Late first rounders is more fitting and a safer position imo. I’d maybe take GR earlier because of the tangibles.

If I were GM, I'd take Rousseau late first round and Phillips in the mid to late second. Rousseau doesn't have the fast twitch you see for high first rounders, and only showed up for half a season. But Rousseau did take over a couple of games, so has demonstrated first round future star potential. He could turn into a Calais Campbell type over time. So I could see why he would sneak up.

Phillips never took over a game. He made a massive comeback, was stout most times, flashed at times. But a guy that was essentially out of football for 2 years due to injury and was not dominant upon returning doesn't deserve first round. I think if he came back, he'd be a Top 15 kid. Leaving a lot of money on the table, IMHO.

I think GMs are gambling on both if they take them in the top 10. GR has about 13 games worth of tape and I think Phillips has 15. I’m not putting my career on either. Both have raw tools, but I think both of them are a few years away. Here are DEs taken top 10 last 5 drafts

2020 - Chase Young (2)
2019 - Nick Bosaa (2), Clelin Ferrell (4)
2018 - Bradley Chubb (5)
2017 - Myles Garrett (1), Solomon Thomas (3)
2016 - Joey Bosa (3), DeForest Buckner (7)

I don’t think JP or GR are on these guys level from a consistent production or toolbox standpoint. They have supreme athletic gifts, but everyone on the list above did it for multiple years and had more than just a motor and raw athleticism.

Advertisement
Good thing you aren't. GR is a freak of nature. Supreme athleticism to go with his 6'7 255 - 265lbs frame and he has super long arms. He was dominant (14.5 sacks) in his only season playing. 14.5 sacks in a season is incredible, especially when you consider he only started 7 games. Greg is lock to be a 1st round pick. Picks 5-15 is a good range and value for him.

Phillips isn't a lock to be a 1st round pick in my mind. He's a great prospect with impressive traits too. I think he's more of a gamble than Greg though. I think he's guaranteed to go in the top 64 though.
Tbh I’d roll with history over most of the dweeb gm’s.

GR15 isn’t a freak of nature , go watch Myles Garret, Chase young , Von Miller destroying grown men every play , young only doing it with a speed rush. Being double teamed and sometimes tripled with a rb chipping.

Find me that with these two ( just one play ) and I might agree.

I will say this there’s not many outside guys this year that pop off the edge , maybe I’m missing somebody so that’ll help. GR is definitely a better prospect , his ceiling blows Philips away.

I think GMs are gambling on both if they take them in the top 10. GR has about 13 games worth of tape and I think Phillips has 15. I’m not putting my career on either. Both have raw tools, but I think both of them are a few years away. Here are DEs taken top 10 last 5 drafts

2020 - Chase Young (2)
2019 - Nick Bosaa (2), Clelin Ferrell (4)
2018 - Bradley Chubb (5)
2017 - Myles Garrett (1), Solomon Thomas (3)
2016 - Joey Bosa (3), DeForest Buckner (7)

I don’t think JP or GR are on these guys level from a consistent production or toolbox standpoint. They have supreme athletic gifts, but everyone on the list above did it for multiple years and had more than just a motor and raw athleticism.
My point exactly.

These two are not those guys. It’s just different when you watch them on film. GR could be something close down the road. He just needs time. Philips I don’t think so.

Don't be mad that it ended, be happy that it happened.

Glad we had that young man for the time we did. He reps The U and the city hard.

First rounder.

He’s the best 2 way defensive end in the country. He destroyed a first round LT at VT in Christian Darrisaw. He has really good tape vs. Jackson Carman of Clemson. He was great tape all over these games and you’re not giving him credit for it because you’re looking at box scores. If box scores mattered then Michael Sam would’ve been the first DE off the board when he declared.

Z - are you talking about Phillips here?

He didn't line up against Darrisaw or Carman at all. Roche did. Phillips played all his reps against the RT.

Advertisement
Neither will be there late first early second. Philips is getting love for the his mid season explosion. Or he’s be third round at best, he was third or fourth round before mid season surge.

My point exactly.

These two are not those guys. It’s just different when you watch them on film. GR could be something close down the road. He just needs time. Philips I don’t think so.
We are going to get hung up on production and ignore tools TODAY, which GMs can’t miss on with that capital. Half of GRs sacks came from lining up at 0 or 3 tech and out athleting interior linemen. He isn’t going to be able to do that in the league. He is not a developed pass rusher at all. Phillips has a legit top 10 motor, but an inside dip and bull rush alone won’t do it in the league. You don’t take guys top 10 on potential alone IMO

Advertisement
We are going to get hung up on production and ignore tools TODAY, which GMs can’t miss on within that capital. Half of GRs sacks came from lining up at 0 or 3 tech and out athleting interior linemen. He isn’t going to be able to do that in the league. He is not a developed pass rusher at all. Phillips has a legit top 10 motor, but an inside dip and bull rush alone won’t do it in the league. You don’t take guys top 10 on potential alone IMO
Once again we agree.

Raw, raw and raw. They both need work but GR ceiling makes him intriguing. Philips I’m not nearly as big on. I’d be ok not touching him.

I should be surprised by the inconsistency of CIS posters. Or is it consistency? Or just plain hypocrisy?

Phillips being lauded for … doing … pretty much exactly what GR15 did, yet … difference.

Loved em both; wished they both had given an additional year; happy for their new opportunity. But, the logic to “differentiate” the two has all the twisting of a sailor’s knot and none of the hold.
GR15 is a good guy and he'll be a great pro but he did give up on his team and he should get some **** for that. I'd have more respect if he sat out the year but didn't use covid as an excuse. His situation is completely different from Philip's.

We are going to get hung up on production and ignore tools TODAY, which GMs can’t miss on with that capital. Half of GRs sacks came from lining up at 0 or 3 tech and out athleting interior linemen. He isn’t going to be able to do that in the league. He is not a developed pass rusher at all. Phillips has a legit top 10 motor, but an inside dip and bull rush alone won’t do it in the league. You don’t take guys top 10 on potential alone IMO
They are also benefitting from playing a prime position. Finding that next great pass rusher is something GMs will reach for

Exactly the point.

These guys are not Myles Garrett, Von Miller or chase young. That’s what top ten picks look like. While playing in schemes not putting up stats like it’s a Mike Dantoni system.

Both are raw and need time , it’s just insane to take them in the top ten. I’d take mid late first but way too risky that early.
Those guys you listed weren’t top 10 picks. They were #1 non-QB picks. There are plenty of guys taken in every NFL draft that are just as big if reaches as Phillips and Rousseau.

Advertisement
Back