Peterson stepping down at UW.

Advertisement
Jimmy lake is arguably the best db developer in football(yes even over raymond). He has been putting out high level draft picks at db for a long time and is very well regarded
Facts, Jimmy Lake is one of the best Defensive Coaches in the business, when Diaz was supposed to be going to Temple, I made a thread of potential DC's I would want here & he was one of my top picks.

Does that mean he'll be a good HC, maybe, maybe not, would I if I were the AD hire him as the HC to replace Peterson, no I wouldn't but he's definitely a good coach.

Advertisement
He's the type of guy Jankovich would've hired.
He is. Would fit the JJ/DE type of mold...someone outside of the program who has had success and who would bring fresh ideas into the program...rather than the tired "Pro-Set 1990s" offense and other assorted mud-spinning exercises.

Advertisement
We like guys who win football games. Peterson develops players and consistently outcoaches his opponents
Maaaaaybe. Petersen is elite, but many here were killing Richt for being too nice. Well Petersen takes the cake in that regard. This board would kill him for a 9-4 season with close wins and losses, he doesnt typically step on the other team's throat when can or play a lot of backups. Most here want 41-10 in the 3rd Qtr. Nevertheless, he's not coming to Miami imo. I think he means it when he says he wants to take a break.

I give him 2 years and he’s back at it. Lake is a rising star, who was going to get a job somewhere soon.

Wish we would make a run at him next year. I wonder if USC holds onto Helton through the offseason now and waits to see if Petersen wants the job next year. They’ve had their eye on him for what seems like a decade now.

Advertisement
He apparently will still be getting a check from the school as an advisor. Probably will pull an Urban and grab another job next year. USC probably keeps Helton one more year then pulls the trigger Peterson. Unless there is a job that will be open for him soon. MICHIGAN?

He would be a good fit at Michigan. I don’t see it at USC. They were rolling by end of season. What Helton did with a 3rd string freshman deserves another year, IMO. Regardless, the roster doesn’t match his scheme and philosophy.

Top 10 coach in CFB over the last 10 years. Seems like an NFL guy. Maybe take Freddie Kitchens job?

Advertisement
If Petersen should realize one thing now it needs to be this:

Do NOT go on a full Cheese Ball diet during your "re-charge".

Dude has a sick kid, UW is creating a position for him until family matters are resolved

Miami should not look any further than that

54-26 at Washington maybe he was forced out. Some schools expect better than that.

1. Washington doesn't expect better than that. Please. Two Pac-12 titles and a Playoffs appearance over six seasons? You're high.

2. Huskies will be hard-pressed to find a better coach; Petersen one of the more clamored for names in the sport over the past decade, or so when he wouldn't leave Boise State.

3. Seemed happiest as a head coach while at Boise State, where the perils of running a bigger program can take a toll on a guy who obviously enjoyed being a big fish in a little pond. Dude has been well-compensated, so a family-driven recharge is a luxury of a good head coach who has never come off uber-obesssed with the game, or dominating at the highest level.

Advertisement
Back