Peter Ariz tweeted about Mark Richt

Unless Butch is already hired "our boy" is talking just for the sake of talking on this one. There is 0% chance that this admin doesn't reach out to Richt in some form. I'm not saying it'll go anywhere but someone will reach out on our end.

Advertisement
"as of now"
"i don't believe"

I'm surprised he didn't drop in a "could be" or "anything is possible" or the ever popular "it's a fluid situation so that could change in a day".

These guys who build their reps on guesswork always leave themselves an out with "as of now" and similar verbiage. It's classic.

I just find it hard to believe that Mark is ready to jump in right after being fired like that. It must be emotionally draining after coaching in one place for 11 years and invest mentally and emotionally in it. It is more logical for him to take a step back from coaching, take a year or two off and recharge his batteries. Coming to a situation like Miami now might not be ideal for his health. It is not about "nobody is interested in Miami". I just think he needs a break if he to go back and be a HC at a high pressure, high demand place like Miami.

Advertisement
[MENTION=7184]Matt[/MENTION]yports: Based on what I'm hearing, Miami definitely has interest in Mark Richt. Question is whether it is mutual.

731195_zpsbbdd0837.gif

Advertisement
Think if Richt goes anywhere, it'll be South Carolina, if that job is still open.

How does that make any sense lol? has family in boca raton, former hurricane qb, recruits the area well,

Plus he said this after golden was fired 4 weeks ago
"I don’t think much of it really," Richt said. "I love my alma mater, the U. No doubt about it, but there’s been nobody calling or writing or texting or anything like that. So I’m sure they’ll find a great coach."

He would be a decent hire but I don't think he's coaching anywhere next year. I can see him taking at least a year off. And then looking at the possibility of if he still wants to grind it out.

Advertisement
You do realize that that tweet was just right after Richt presser today....

I'm sure contact has been made since then...

JC

Pete hasn't offered much on the coaching search in a while. Think it's safe to say he doesn't know really anymore than the next person in regards to this, at this point

Advertisement
Pete hasn't offered much on the coaching search in a while. Think it's safe to say he doesn't know really anymore than the next person in regards to this, at this point

I can tell you that people with important positions at the Hecht who are not directly involved in the search don't know what is going on at this time. They speculate like the rest of us.

Advertisement
Back