Pete QB Board?

In my opinion, the kid from Oklahoma is the best looking QB prospect that we're after. His numbers against good comp are off the charts.

Milton is very raw and would need lots of work to become a great QB. He has great measurables, but I'll take the guy that has proven it on the field every time over the guy that is untapped potential.

Almost all of our legendary QB's were not athletic freaks. Only one that was a good athlete was Vinny.

And before the "the game has changed crowd" arrives, the best QB's in the business are still pocket passers that just know how to win. (Brady, Brees, Rothlisberger, Ryan, Rodgers, etc.)

I agree with you for most part, but LOL at you trying to dispute college game has changed then list the ELITE pocket passers in the NFL. No one will take that serious, you better than that

Advertisement
In my opinion, the kid from Oklahoma is the best looking QB prospect that we're after. His numbers against good comp are off the charts.

Milton is very raw and would need lots of work to become a great QB. He has great measurables, but I'll take the guy that has proven it on the field every time over the guy that is untapped potential.

Almost all of our legendary QB's were not athletic freaks. Only one that was a good athlete was Vinny.

And before the "the game has changed crowd" arrives, the best QB's in the business are still pocket passers that just know how to win. (Brady, Brees, Rothlisberger, Ryan, Rodgers, etc.)

I agree with you for most part, but LOL at you trying to dispute college game has changed then list the ELITE pocket passers in the NFL. No one will take that serious, you better than that

The college game has changed, but the same principles apply.

QB's gotta be accurate. Milton had a 47% completion percentage. That is abysmal any way you slice it.

Guys like Watson, Mariota, and Newton were all accurate passers in high-school and college. We should want guys that are accurate passers first and then can run or create if the play breaks down. Not the other way around.

My top QB's are, Casey Thompson, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Justin Rogers, Adrian Martinez & Jarren Williams.

With Casey, he comes from really good football stock he's Charles Thompson's son, and is an incredibly productive player against **** good comp in Oklahoma.

He has 6,580yds 70TD's & just 17INT's passing, combined with 2,150yds rushing & 39TD's for his career at a really good 6A school.
He's a bit undersized being 6'1, but he really impressed me with how he performed & competed at Paradise last year.

DTR is long shot & Michigan is his top school being that his Mom is a Michigan grad, but I think we have shot as long as we land Brevin Jordan. Thing is, we gotta get him to visit quite a bit & I hope he makes it down for Paradise this year, that will pretty much tell you everything you need to know about how interested he is.

Justin Rogers will probably be a lock to LSU, although TCU, Bama & UGA are all after him pretty hard.
The kid has a phenomenal arm, perfect size at 6'4 205lbs, plays against great comp in Louisiana and put up terrific numbers as a Junior, 3,021yds 31TD's & 8INT's with 709yds & 11TD's rushing.

He's kid I would keep in touch with til very end & recruit him until NSD even though, we don't really have a shot with him.

Adrian Martinez is a kid I think we could have some traction with, another classic Dual threat kid with a good arm & even better running ability.
He has Mariota"esque" like upside, threw for 2,562yds 25TD's & 4INT's, with 1,462yds rushing & 14TD's for his career.

The staff likes him, Coach Jon visited him a few times back before Dead Period & Coach Richt went and saw him back in January.
I think we can flip him from Cal, because he committed to Sonny Dykes, who got fired a few weeks later. Oregon & Washington are going after him hard.

Jarren is a good QB as well, big physical kid at 6'3 211lbs, had a good Junior year against great Georgia comp at South Gwinnett with 2,618yds 26TD's & 4INT's.

I believe he's a Coaches son as well I think his dad coaches at Clark Atlanta (I could be wrong), but kid has a nice arm.
I don't expect him to stick with Kentucky all the way through, Miss St, Tenn & South Cack are all in it for this kid.

I like Milton too, he's got a big arm, but he's more of a developmental take than he is a ready made take right now.
I would like to see him continue to get better his Senior season & he needs Coaching on his mechanics, his release is a little too long, needs to be shortened.

With Sit, that Junior year is a big head scratcher, kid threw for 1100yds 5TD's & 10INT's, against bad Jersey comp.
I'm certain he'll do far better at IMG surrounded by all that talent, but what are we supposed to think about that Junior season?

Overall, if Richt wants Sitkowski, then I won't 2nd guess his decision, he knows better than me & Sit obviously has all the ability to be a good QB.

Money post as usual, El! + rep

My top QB's are, Casey Thompson, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Justin Rogers, Adrian Martinez & Jarren Williams.

With Casey, he comes from really good football stock he's Charles Thompson's son, and is an incredibly productive player against **** good comp in Oklahoma.

He has 6,580yds 70TD's & just 17INT's passing, combined with 2,150yds rushing & 39TD's for his career at a really good 6A school.
He's a bit undersized being 6'1, but he really impressed me with how he performed & competed at Paradise last year.

DTR is long shot & Michigan is his top school being that his Mom is a Michigan grad, but I think we have shot as long as we land Brevin Jordan. Thing is, we gotta get him to visit quite a bit & I hope he makes it down for Paradise this year, that will pretty much tell you everything you need to know about how interested he is.

Justin Rogers will probably be a lock to LSU, although TCU, Bama & UGA are all after him pretty hard.
The kid has a phenomenal arm, perfect size at 6'4 205lbs, plays against great comp in Louisiana and put up terrific numbers as a Junior, 3,021yds 31TD's & 8INT's with 709yds & 11TD's rushing.

He's kid I would keep in touch with til very end & recruit him until NSD even though, we don't really have a shot with him.

Adrian Martinez is a kid I think we could have some traction with, another classic Dual threat kid with a good arm & even better running ability.
He has Mariota"esque" like upside, threw for 2,562yds 25TD's & 4INT's, with 1,462yds rushing & 14TD's for his career.

The staff likes him, Coach Jon visited him a few times back before Dead Period & Coach Richt went and saw him back in January.
I think we can flip him from Cal, because he committed to Sonny Dykes, who got fired a few weeks later. Oregon & Washington are going after him hard.

Jarren is a good QB as well, big physical kid at 6'3 211lbs, had a good Junior year against great Georgia comp at South Gwinnett with 2,618yds 26TD's & 4INT's.

I believe he's a Coaches son as well I think his dad coaches at Clark Atlanta (I could be wrong), but kid has a nice arm.
I don't expect him to stick with Kentucky all the way through, Miss St, Tenn & South Cack are all in it for this kid.

I like Milton too, he's got a big arm, but he's more of a developmental take than he is a ready made take right now.
I would like to see him continue to get better his Senior season & he needs Coaching on his mechanics, his release is a little too long, needs to be shortened.

With Sit, that Junior year is a big head scratcher, kid threw for 1100yds 5TD's & 10INT's, against bad Jersey comp.
I'm certain he'll do far better at IMG surrounded by all that talent, but what are we supposed to think about that Junior season?

Overall, if Richt wants Sitkowski, then I won't 2nd guess his decision, he knows better than me & Sit obviously has all the ability to be a good QB.
Gonna bump because I'm now second guessing Richt's decision lol

Nah, but I was waiting to see what happens with Sit this year & he simply has looked average at best thus far.

Not bashing Richt at all, yall know I support Coach 100%, but I'm sorry Idk about Sitkow.

I know he's not a finished product yet, and maybe I'll have to eat crow in a few years (which I'll gladly do), but I just don't see it with this kid.

Advertisement

Gonna bump because I'm now second guessing Richt's decision lol

Nah, but I was waiting to see what happens with Sit this year & he simply has looked average at best thus far.

Not bashing Richt at all, yall know I support Coach 100%, but I'm sorry Idk about Sitkow.

I know he's not a finished product yet, and maybe I'll have to eat crow in a few years (which I'll gladly do), but I just don't see it with this kid.

LCE with the undersell of the year

As LCE said, I support Richt fully, but it’s to the point where sticking with Sit would be pure stubbornness. Absolutely need to go after guys like Adrian Martinez, Casey Thompson, and Jarren Williams. Coach needs to just take the L on this one and go back to the QB board.

Advertisement
If we look at other QBs, I hope we consider Jordan Travis (Louisville commit from Palm Beach). He is a special talent.

is he better than your guy Desmond Phillips?

You certainly were wrong on that one
[MENTION=14258]ILCane2011[/MENTION]

Na, that kid is actually really good...he plays for a small school called the Benjamin school and not all of people know about him.

You know I'm good for it

If we look at other QBs, I hope we consider Jordan Travis (Louisville commit from Palm Beach). He is a special talent.

is he better than your guy Desmond Phillips?

You certainly were wrong on that one

You mean the guy just starting his sophomore year?

Toledo has some good upperclassmen receivers but I expect Phillips to shine in time.

Advertisement
I know he's more fleet of foot, but at this stage the game looks fast for him and it will only get faster. I'm getting that Kyle Wright feeling a bit. All the talent in the world, but can't put it together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Travis is a 5th year junior and was awful at times before this year, so much so that he was mocked on here and fans looked forward to playing him bc he was a poor passer. If not for a rebuild at FSU and no other QBs on the roster worth a ****, I’m not sure TrAvis would have been given the time to develop.

[MENTION=14258]ILCane2011[/MENTION]

Na, that kid is actually really good...he plays for a small school called the Benjamin school and not all of people know about him.

You know I'm good for it
Baby Hat GIF

Advertisement
@No_Fly_Zone for the record I didn’t bump this thread. But I did notice that @DMoney and @Zbrod95 totally nailed their evaluation of Travis
Jordan was going to be a project but if you watched him at the Benjamin school you would see he had some Jeramiah Masoli to him. He was 3 years away then. I’m not surprised he’s grown so much even though I started to doubt it with how bad he used to play.

Travis is a 5th year junior and was awful at times before this year, so much so that he was mocked on here and fans looked forward to playing him bc he was a poor passer. If not for a rebuild at FSU and no other QBs on the roster worth a ****, I’m not sure TrAvis would have been given the time to develop.
Everybody loves to talk about not getting a kid like Travis, when in reality he wouldn’t have played a down here anyway.

Jordan was going to be a project but if you watched him at the Benjamin school you would see he had some Jeramiah Masoli to him. He was 3 years away then. I’m not surprised he’s grown so much even though I started to doubt it with how bad he used to play.
Good call. I’m no expert but even when Travis first started playing at FSU he looked like a big problem waiting to happen

Figured that trash talking about him was just **** talking because of the rivalry because you could see the talent

Advertisement
Back