Pete or anyone with connections...Re:Smith

skeeter

Junior
Is the staff outraged with being stood up? This kid (along w: MacFarland go figure) was supposedly one of the more no-nonsense, non-drama types in this class. When did they receive word he wasn't visiting?

Sorry if the answer to this was in the longer thread below, wasn't skimming 38 pages.

Advertisement
They spent a ton of time and effort recruiting that little puke. For him to **** in their faces like that at the end is revolting.

They planned a lot of the weekend around him. Can't even bother to take a one hour plane ride? That's some fck ****.

Outraged may be excessive
This is part of the Biz

Disappointed but shake it off prep for spring ball and 2017 close
Continue to engage in 2018 and 2019 kids maybe some 2020

I'm sure the staff new. I doubt rick was standing at the airport with his **** in his hand.

They spent a ton of time and effort recruiting that little puke. For him to **** in their faces like that at the end is revolting.

They planned a lot of the weekend around him. Can't even bother to take a one hour plane ride? That's some fck ****.

Saban gave him the "don't fly" ultimatum and he made his decision. We Don't know if he informed Richt after that happened. IF he didn't, then he deserves all the UM chit he is getting...

Advertisement
The staff wasn't like some on here , they knew the chances of landing him were very very small but they had to try. But that is why they went all in on Thomas ,harley and Pouncy as well as those 3 want to be canes.

The staff wasn't like some on here , they knew the chances of landing him were very very small but they had to try. But that is why they went all in on Thomas ,harley and Pouncy as well as those 3 want to be canes.

May or may not be all in on Pouncey conflicting info there.

Been some pretty savage ish going on in the board. I'm plenty sure the staff knows throwing hissy fits won't help the program. Nothing new about what happened, just let's you know to always have more than 1 or 2 targets at every position.

Advertisement
Hearing that Saban knew that Napier-who Smith is very close to- was leaving and hid it from Smith. He didn't want him on our campus when the news broke and pressured Smith to cancel his visit here. Dirtbag. If Smith feels lied to or betrayed this might not be over just yet...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm sure the staff new. I doubt rick was standing at the airport with his **** in his hand.

No, it can't be. All of the spurned women here want Richt to join their group. I'm sure he was standing there with a welcome sign and cheese eating grin on his face as the plane unloaded. As passenger after passenger came out and not a Smith sighting, he was thinking he must've been sitting in the back. By the time everyone was off, his shoulders were as soft as melted butter and he was trying to gather the strength to head home sullen as can be.

Man we need to bring back upvoting. This definitely deserves one. As has been said, it happens. Disappointed, but you role with who you got and work on the kids who are still in play for the future.

Outraged may be excessive
This is part of the Biz

Disappointed but shake it off prep for spring ball and 2017 close
Continue to engage in 2018 and 2019 kids maybe some 2020

Advertisement
No doubt they are upset with those guys. But it's different playing hardball with 3* kids than it is top10 RBs and WRs.

Plus, i'm sure they had a better idea about Smith than McFarland. That's the one that hurts a LOT, especially Brown.

Pretty sure these basketball schedules come out pretty early. Pretty crappy the way he handled it

Advertisement
Back