Pete or anyone with connections...Re:Smith

Advertisement
Is the staff outraged with being stood up? This kid (along w: MacFarland go figure) was supposedly one of the more no-nonsense, non-drama types in this class. When did they receive word he wasn't visiting?

Sorry if the answer to this was in the longer thread below, wasn't skimming 38 pages.
He was never coming here. The only people in the world that thought he was were drama queens on here.

There is no reason to be upset on missing him.

A class of njoku, Harley, Thomas is incredible

Advertisement
I'm sure the staff new. I doubt rick was standing at the airport with his **** in his hand.

No, it can't be. All of the spurned women here want Richt to join their group. I'm sure he was standing there with a welcome sign and cheese eating grin on his face as the plane unloaded. As passenger after passenger came out and not a Smith sighting, he was thinking he must've been sitting in the back. By the time everyone was off, his shoulders were as soft as melted butter and he was trying to gather the strength to head home sullen as can be.

And I'm pretty sure there was an Air Supply song playing in the background as he realized he was being stood up.

Is the staff outraged with being stood up? This kid (along w: MacFarland go figure) was supposedly one of the more no-nonsense, non-drama types in this class. When did they receive word he wasn't visiting?

Sorry if the answer to this was in the longer thread below, wasn't skimming 38 pages.
He was never coming here. The only people in the world that thought he was were drama queens on here.

Not upset...Besides the obvious "would have loved for him to be a cane" bit we have towards every big timer we recruit

Best post ! also Pouncy will be here .

W

True, and the slim possibility of landing him was on priority of UM visit over $$.

Anybody that thinks any one of these wide outs from Jeudy, Ridley or this kid...are going to Alabama because of some WR coach....I've got some land to sell u.

UM

Advertisement
Skip that CANES visit and we will throw in an extra grand into the duffel. Easy decision for a 17 or 18 yr old that already knew where he was going. The panzy name calling and insults in here are indicative of immaturity that I'm ashamed has infected the fan base.

Staff never wanted him and cancelled the visit.

We only want WR from FL ... and NJ and St.Louis. LA receivers don't pan out.

The staff wasn't like some on here , they knew the chances of landing him were very very small but they had to try. But that is why they went all in on Thomas ,harley and Pouncy as well as those 3 want to be canes.

How do you know what the staff knew? They thought McFartland was all theirs until the minute McFartland ordered the pilot to turn that jumbo jet headed for Miami around.

The staff wasn't like some on here , they knew the chances of landing him were very very small but they had to try. But that is why they went all in on Thomas ,harley and Pouncy as well as those 3 want to be canes.

How do you know what the staff knew? They thought McFartland was all theirs until the minute McFartland ordered the pilot to turn that jumbo jet headed for Miami around.

Fartforce 1

Advertisement
Here's a crack pot theory for you...

Davonta Smith hates official visits. He visited LSU and Alabama "for [his] family" and stayed in the hotel room all visit. He didn't even meet with his host at Alabama. He treated these trips like visits to the dentist, and that's because he didn't want to go. Again, he was just going through the motions "for [his] family." Why, you ask? Because he knows where he's going, and it's not to either of those schools.

He loves Richt. He sees opportunity here. And he's been signed, sealed, and delivered to Miami for months. That's why Ariz is always so quiet about Smith.

But wait? Why not take the official visit to Miami, then? Maybe feel the sun on your face instead of being tied to your bed like James Caan in Misery?

Because if he made that trip, there would have been a natural post-trip buzz about Smith and Miami. Smith doesn't want the "stay home" pressure or the "Saban's ballsack" pressure going into signing day. And Richt wants to the splash of a sudden five star signing day pickup.

I'm opening a PayPal, because I expect to be paid for my fiction. But hey, who knows....

They spent a ton of time and effort recruiting that little puke. For him to **** in their faces like that at the end is revolting.

They planned a lot of the weekend around him. Can't even bother to take a one hour plane ride? That's some fck ****.

This has always been my opinion of these late cancellations.

Low brow move after a staff spends a ton of time recruiting you.

Advertisement

Davonta Smith hates official visits. He visited LSU and Alabama "for [his] family" and stayed in the hotel room all visit. He didn't even meet with his host at Alabama. He treated these trips like visits to the dentist, and that's because he didn't want to go. Again, he was just going through the motions "for [his] family." Why, you ask? Because he knows where he's going, and it's not to either of those schools.

He loves Richt. He sees opportunity here. And he's been signed, sealed, and delivered to Miami for months. That's why Ariz is always so quiet about Smith.

But wait? Why not take the official visit to Miami, then? Maybe feel the sun on your face instead of being tied to your bed like James Caan in Misery?

Because if he made that trip, there would have been a natural post-trip buzz about Smith and Miami. Smith doesn't want the "stay home" pressure or the "Saban's ballsack" pressure going into signing day. And Richt wants to the splash of a sudden five star signing day pickup.

I'm opening a PayPal, because I expect to be paid for my fiction. But hey, who knows....

I'm not getting my hopes up with Smith but this isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility IMO. Pete has been very hush hush here....

You forgot to add that he was seen on Deejay's highlight tape with a LOI to Miami with his signature on it. Believe it's at the 2:20 mark.

I'm not getting my hopes up with Smith but this isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility IMO. Pete has been very hush hush here....

Prolly hush hush cause there is nothing to report.

Advertisement
Back