Pete, Final predictions?

FWIW The Scout guys who previously had us landing Thomas are now both picking FSU.

Simmons and Newberg I think.

All the other guys(Kirkland, Coley, Bryant) are pretty much split between us and FSU.

Advertisement
Guys Pete doesnt get out of school today until around 2:30, give him some time to get off the bus and get comfy at home first before blasting questions at him. Jeez

Dont sleep on Powell either. I would not be surprised if he ends up in this class.

Btw, Pete and other mods, can we PLEASE take Alex Collins face/picture OFF THE MAIN PAGE!? Him throwing up that "U" is TREASON. And i'm sick of seeing it. Thank you sirs and you guys are doing a great job with the site. Nobody bats 1.000 in this recruiting game. Just keep the info credible as possible and people will still come back. NOBODY should EVER want to go back to grassy or canesport. I dont care how many predictions you get wrong.

done

Btw, Pete and other mods, can we PLEASE take Alex Collins face/picture OFF THE MAIN PAGE!? Him throwing up that "U" is TREASON. And i'm sick of seeing it. Thank you sirs and you guys are doing a great job with the site. Nobody bats 1.000 in this recruiting game. Just keep the info credible as possible and people will still come back. NOBODY should EVER want to go back to grassy or canesport. I dont care how many predictions you get wrong.

done

LOL, well done sir. Well done.

Advertisement
Thomas is not coming. People need to seriously stop doing this to themselves. If by some unforseen miracle he picks us, then you can do backflips and it will make your whole day. But that is almost certainly NOT going to happen, so lets just accept it now, and focus on the kids who we realistically have a shot at.

The U is ded

It's over. And the NCAA will ensure that we never come back again.

I'm done. Pete can kiss my grits

Thomas is not coming. People need to seriously stop doing this to themselves. If by some unforseen miracle he picks us, then you can do backflips and it will make your whole day. But that is almost certainly NOT going to happen, so lets just accept it now, and focus on the kids who we realistically have a shot at.

Agreed. I think we need to come out of this day addressing some needs. Thomas is probably the most talented kid on our board but we have some major needs on the line so if we can pull out something there, then ok.

I've thought Thomas to Miami forever but it's just not in the cards as we have come down the stretch. Right when I thought we were swinging the momentum, it felt like FSU closed the door.

Advertisement
The personal attacks on Pete last night were ridiculous.

Because we have some jaggoffs in here who think Aziz has some magic crystal ball. Aziz is an 18 year old kid who is just scowering the web, the phones, and people he can think of to try to get some insight into where a kid may go. He doesnt know what's going on inside a kid's head anymore than any other web reporter or recruiting "expert".

People here chose to delude themselves into thinking we were going to CLEAN UP with everyone we wanted, and ignored warning signs saying otherwise. NOW, they want to blame Aziz, and Golden, and anyone else becuase they feel let down, but the truth is, they let themselves down. You can NEVER assume a kid is a lock. Especially not a kid who already DECOMMITTED from us in the first place, never recommitted, and has been travelling the country looking at other schools. Collins never indicated he was coming here. People clung to unsubstantiated rumors because its what they WANTED to belive.

That's not Aziz' fault. All the kid can do is report what he's heard, and give his opinion. Most people on here are adults, and most have brains. If you follow recruiting, you know that this kind of stuff CAN and DOES happen every year, and you have to be prepared for it.

18 year old kid, 69 year old kid. Age doesn't matter, nor does experience. At least half the so called "experts" got it wrong last night.
Welcome to recruiting.
Pete does an unbelievable job giving info and his predictions are based on the best info he has.
Speaking as an ex mortgage banker who didn't see the crash coming I can sympathize with getting asss reamed.

Tell Mike Bakas.

done

awesome

Advertisement
There was a article on espn back in late november speaking about how the majority of kids who decommit don't recommit to the same school.

The pete bashing is uncalled for though.

Hearing William Campbell will commit to us. Some guy named cmar from the other board

Advertisement
The U is ded

It's over. And the NCAA will ensure that we never come back again.

I'm done. Pete can kiss my grits

I said 5 years ago that UM's long-term future was basketball. Due to the demographics, type of institution, resources, etc. Just happening sooner than I thought.

Any of you guys listen to Joe Rose in the mornings?

I had no idea that Richie "boar's head" guy that always calls in was one of Coley's HS coaches. Well anyways Joe had him on this morning and he said he fully expects Coley to be a Cane. He even referenced conversations with the kids family and made a joke about neither him or any of Coley's family would ever speak to him again if he didn't pick Miami.

We'll see.

I try to listen, but they keep blasting that Gangam Style music all morning and it makes me want to drive off a bridge ...

TIFWIW but Random has basically said that Canes should stay away from the other board for a few days starting tomorrow because of how poorly we're going to close.

Advertisement
Back