Perry in the Lab WORKING

Ya know what's nice about the dog n pony shows?....eventually after all the glamorous n flowery speeches....the dogs n pony finally get to put on the show!!

Perry got time to add a good few more lbs..got a short period to ingest this playbook..got a bit of time,..(and can make more if he's dedicated enough) to get better rhythm with his receivers...he has the ability (I believe) and a small (but fair) time to prove it.

Lets see what he bringin to the dog show!!

Advertisement
So the big issue is weight? Not accuracy, not decision making but weight? Sometimes I can't believe how stupid it gets around here.

Perry weighs 185 right now should be around 193 hopefully when the season rolls around which is on the smaller side but not the weak stick figure that some people on this board seem to think he his. as far as arm strength goes watch HIS TAPE and tell me he doesnt have a strong arm forget about how much he weighs the kid has a cannon of an arm.

Nothing on his tape suggest he has "a cannon for an arm". Through 3+ minutes of his senior highlights he hasn't driven the ball once. Partly because he hasn't had to. Throwing the ball 40 yards in the air on an arc doesn't mean he has superior arm strength. He has adequate arm strength which is fine. It'll probably get better with added strength.

Dude arm is strong. There is video of him throwing a deep ball to juedy for about 50 yards with ease at paradise camp and it wasnt no lob. On top of that richt has talked about him having a strong arm.

Perry weighs 185 right now should be around 193 hopefully when the season rolls around which is on the smaller side but not the weak stick figure that some people on this board seem to think he his. as far as arm strength goes watch HIS TAPE and tell me he doesnt have a strong arm forget about how much he weighs the kid has a cannon of an arm.

He's throwing verticals the whole tape. That doesn't show us anything. You wanna see if your QB can DRIVE THE FOOTBALL into tight windows and make difficult throws. Deep outs, far hitches, etc. Anybody can lob deep balls.

Not saying he can't do it but you guys are crowning this kid already based on abdominal muscles and vertical throws to relatively wide open WR's.

[video=youtube_share;LtWv62qQAeg]https://youtu.be/LtWv62qQAeg[/video]

[video=youtube_share;M3tCogsBHKY]https://youtu.be/M3tCogsBHKY[/video]

Nothing on his tape suggest he has "a cannon for an arm". Through 3+ minutes of his senior highlights he hasn't driven the ball once. Partly because he hasn't had to. Throwing the ball 40 yards in the air on an arc doesn't mean he has superior arm strength. He has adequate arm strength which is fine. It'll probably get better with added strength.

Dude arm is strong. There is video of him throwing a deep ball to juedy for about 50 yards with ease at paradise camp and it wasnt no lob. On top of that richt has talked about him having a strong arm.

Was that ball on thrown on a line or did it have arc to it? His highlights don't have throws that test the arm of a QB. Saying he has a cannon is an overstatement if you're going off his highlights. His arm is fine but it doesn't look like a plus arm.

Advertisement
Regardless of arm strength, accuracy, and decision making, there is no way he can play D1 unless he gets his weight up to at least 275 with 2% body fat.

Glad to see he's working but I could give a **** about how ripped my QB is. He needs weight. Not only to protect himself from contact but to have enough lead in his pencil to drive the football. Being able to see someone's abs/muscles isn't impressive when they're only 185lbs. It's like a fat chick with huge ****, it doesn't count.

Again, glad he's working, but I'd be more excited to see videos of him throwing routes. Playing QB isn't about who looks better with their shirt off.

Up voted for the fat chick with huge **** alone. The rest was alright as well.

What's funny to me is that everyone is talking about how hard he's working, but the other guys are working hard as well. Look at Shirreffs three years ago and look at him now. Dude didn't put on nearly 30 lbs of muscle mass without working his freaking tail off.

Was that ball on thrown on a line or did it have arc to it? His highlights don't have throws that test the arm of a QB. Saying he has a cannon is an overstatement if you're going off his highlights. His arm is fine but it doesn't look like a plus arm.

Richt has seen him live and said he has a strong arm. Perry said he can throw the ball 60+ yards. You cant lob the ball that far down the field.

Richt has seen him live and said he has a strong arm. Perry said he can throw the ball 60+ yards. You cant lob the ball that far down the field.

Exactly. Its called throwing with touch. The kid has a crazy strong arm.

Advertisement
[MENTION=2526]fincane[/MENTION] is a Perry hater. Guy vomits all over the WEZ in denial over Perry getting the starting job here. Are you the guy who said Rosier is winning the job?

So he has D1 arm? Is that what you're saying. That doesn't mean he has a plus arm. Matt Stafford has a strong arm. Pat Mahomes has a strong arm. Nothing on Perry's tape says he has a plus arm. The guy doesn't have to drive the ball once in those clips. No tight windows. No far hash comebacks. It isn't an insult to suggest he might not be the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game. His arm is more than fine. Calling it a cannon is hyperbole.

[MENTION=2526]fincane[/MENTION] is a Perry hater. Guy vomits all over the WEZ in denial over Perry getting the starting job here. Are you the guy who said Rosier is winning the job?

Well I guess because you said Perry will win in it that means he's locked in. I've asked this question of you before, what do you know about Perry's ability to pick up an offense? Is he a kid who studies really hard off the field? Does the mental side of the game come easy to him? You're so sure about him starting so you must know about all these things. Why is he the 4-star summer enrollee QB who doesn't need a spring. Is he more mentally capable than a guy like Weldon who Richt said was lost? A kid who had all spring. Maybe you have inside information that he'll be handed the job no matter what.

Perry wasn't rated a better prospect than Francois at FSU. Francois enrolled early and only Sean Maguire and Everret Golson in front of him and Jimbo still redshirted him. Thats just an example of a situation I think is similar. Let me know why Perry is special other than the other guys suck.

Last edited:
@fincane is a Perry hater. Guy vomits all over the WEZ in denial over Perry getting the starting job here. Are you the guy who said Rosier is winning the job?

Well I guess because you said Perry will win in it that means he's locked in. I've asked this question of you before, what do you know about Perry's ability to pick up an offense? Is he a kid who studies really hard off the field? Does the mental side of the game come easy to him? You're so sure about him starting so you must know about all these things. Why is he the 4-star summer enrollee QB who doesn't need a spring. Is he more mentally capable than a guy like Weldon who Richt said was lost? A kid who had all spring. Maybe you have inside information that he'll be handed the job no matter what.

Perry wasn't rated a better prospect than Francois at FSU. Francois enrolled early and only Sean Maguire and Everret Golson in front of him and Jimbo still redshirted him. Thats just an example of a situation I think is similar. Let me know why Perry is special other than the other guys suck.
Where have I ever claimed Perry is special?

I don't think his situation is much different than the one Kaaya came in with. The other guys blow and he's probably better than them. Your boy Rosier is garbage and Sherriffs isn't talented enough. I've maintained all along, that if Perry is even semi competent, its his job to lose.

You've been in denial for months about it. I'm not touting Perry as Marcus Mariota 2.0. I'm just saying he's gonna be the starter and the people around the program have made it plainly obvious to this point that it will be the case.

Advertisement

So he has D1 arm? Is that what you're saying. That doesn't mean he has a plus arm. Matt Stafford has a strong arm. Pat Mahomes has a strong arm. Nothing on Perry's tape says he has a plus arm. The guy doesn't have to drive the ball once in those clips. No tight windows. No far hash comebacks. It isn't an insult to suggest he might not be the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game. His arm is more than fine. Calling it a cannon is hyperbole.

So richt doesnt know what a strong arm is? He was just imagining **** when he seen perry? Here is video of him not just "lobbing" deep balls.

Watch him "lob" a dime downfield to juedy.
[video=youtube_share;E0GhB3DizBc]https://youtu.be/E0GhB3DizBc[/video]

Last edited:

Kaaya didnt enroll early.

@fincane is a Perry hater. Guy vomits all over the WEZ in denial over Perry getting the starting job here. Are you the guy who said Rosier is winning the job?

Where have I ever claimed Perry is special?

I don't think his situation is much different than the one Kaaya came in with. The other guys blow and he's probably better than them. Your boy Rosier is garbage and Sherriffs isn't talented enough. I've maintained all along, that if Perry is even semi competent, its his job to lose.

You've been in denial for months about it. I'm not touting Perry as Marcus Mariota 2.0. I'm just saying he's gonna be the starter and the people around the program have made it plainly obvious to this point that it will be the case.

Kaaya was competing against a guy who had as little time in the system as he did. Heaps was a grad transfer. That offense was setup to baby Kaaya. Looking to the sidelines for everything. Perry won't have any of those advantages. Kaaya appeared to be a grinder in the film room. I'm still waiting for evidence that Perry is that type of guy and is able to pick up stuff quick as opposed to Weldon. He also won't be facing a defense that makes every QB look like a Heisman contender in fall camp. The whole formula isn't exactly a recipe for a young QB to come in to be semi-competent.

He better be special to prove to Richt that he's ready. A coach who is pretty conservative in his decision making. You're clearly reading what tea leaves you think are out there. The people around program haven't seen him on the practice field so I'd take what they say as pure hype until he actually takes a snap. You're just guessing and yet my thought that an older player might win the job is crazy. OK.

Advertisement

Kaaya was competing against a guy who had the same amount of time in the system as he did. He also played in offense that babied him. Richt won't be doing any babying. He certainly didn't do it with Weldon who was lost in the spring.

I understand the hopefulness regarding Perry, especially in light of the poor veteran options. But equating his situation coming in to the situation Kaaya faced is absurd. On top of the obvious (the only guy Kaaya was competing against was brand new to the system too), you have the fat sweaty elephant in the room to consider. Folden saw starting a true freshmans QB as a built in excuse to get the werewolves off his back.

So richt doesnt know what a strong arm is? He was just imagining **** when he seen perry? Here is video of him not just "lobbing" deep balls.

Watch him "lob" a dime downfield to juedy.
[video=youtube_share;E0GhB3DizBc]https://youtu.be/E0GhB3DizBc[/video]

I never used the word "lob" and that clip from Paradise Camp isn't evidence of driving a football down the field. If Perry couldn't make that throw he probably shouldn't be on the roster. In fact in that same clip when he tried to throw it on a line he was inaccurate.

Last edited:

Kaaya was competing against a guy who had the same amount of time in the system as he did. He also played in offense that babied him. Richt won't be doing any babying. He certainly didn't do it with Weldon who was lost in the spring.

Weldon was lost because he had only 2 months to learn plays and apply it to the field. Perry has the playbook and by time fall camp starts would have more time to get comfortable with the plays before he takes a snap.

Advertisement
Back