Perry in the Lab WORKING

Are there any reports yet on how much weight Perry has gained so far while he has been at UM.

If we want him as a Lamar Jackson type of QB he'll need to get his weight up to 200 pounds AT LEAST. It is proven that added weight (muscle weight) makes a QB more durable and will allow them to last for a longer period in bed.

Thanks.

Looks like he's putting on about a pound per minute, so 3 pounds so far.

Advertisement
thumb.aspx

Here! I got ya a shirt!

Glad to see he's working but I could give a **** about how ripped my QB is. He needs weight. Not only to protect himself from contact but to have enough lead in his pencil to drive the football. Being able to see someone's abs/muscles isn't impressive when they're only 185lbs. It's like a fat chick with huge ****, it doesn't count.

Again, glad he's working, but I'd be more excited to see videos of him throwing routes. Playing QB isn't about who looks better with their shirt off.

As someone who played QB ... albeit only marginally well .... i would suggest this post be permanently tacked to the top of the board.

I'm rooting for Perry to do well, just as I would for any 'Cane. But all that being said, anyone who thinks this kid is an automatic day 1 starter who knocks the lights out, just doesn't know what the **** it is they don't know.

Could he be the next Joe Montana as of the middle of next week? Sure, anything's possible, and he has a ton of potential. But let's wait until the kid has his first actual practice on a college campus before we start polishing the plaque for the hall of fame

Glad to see he's working but I could give a **** about how ripped my QB is. He needs weight. Not only to protect himself from contact but to have enough lead in his pencil to drive the football. Being able to see someone's abs/muscles isn't impressive when they're only 185lbs. It's like a fat chick with huge ****, it doesn't count.

Again, glad he's working, but I'd be more excited to see videos of him throwing routes. Playing QB isn't about who looks better with their shirt off.

You are a god**** moron if you don't realize there's a difference between being 185 with no muscle definition and being 185 with a muscular upper body. Perry doesn't need to be 215 pounds to be able to play this season. His job is to throw the f*cking football, and he more than enough arm strength to make all the throws.
Weight does not correlate with arm strength or toughness.

Advertisement

As someone who played QB ... albeit only marginally well .... i would suggest this post be permanently tacked to the top of the board.

I'm rooting for Perry to do well, just as I would for any 'Cane. But all that being said, anyone who thinks this kid is an automatic day 1 starter who knocks the lights out, just doesn't know what the **** it is they don't know.

Could he be the next Joe Montana as of the middle of next week? Sure, anything's possible, and he has a ton of potential. But let's wait until the kid has his first actual practice on a college campus before we start polishing the plaque for the hall of fame

Perry is starting against Bethune-Cookman. Sorry if that disappoints you.

....and you know this how, Miss Cleo?

Not even one summer or fall practice in the books.

Don't you know that Perry is a savant in picking up an offense and the mental side of the game just comes easy to him?

You are a god**** moron if you don't realize there's a difference between being 185 with no muscle definition and being 185 with a muscular upper body. Perry doesn't need to be 215 pounds to be able to play this season. His job is to throw the f*cking football, and he more than enough arm strength to make all the throws.

You are a god**** moron if you think that I said there's no difference. I didn't say that. Obviously a guy who's 185 with muscle definition is in better shape than a guy who's 185 with none. That's not the point. Being an athlete who's 185 with muscle definition is nothing to get excited about. That **** isn't impressive. YOU'RE ONLY 185!

If his job is to "throw the ******* football" as you put it then we shouldn't be getting excited about shirtless videos like we're on Warchant.

Unless you know him personally and are an expert on QB's then you don't know WTF his true arm strength is like.

And weight definitely helps a QB drive the football.

Advertisement
I don't give a **** about muscles. Jameis Winston is built like my 66 year old dad but he can play quarterback.

Yeah it would help if he can put on some weight to help absorb the hits he'll inevitably get but being a body builder doesn't make you any better of a quarterback.

This

**** to the yell

psychic.jpg

Advertisement
Perry weighs 185 right now should be around 193 hopefully when the season rolls around which is on the smaller side but not the weak stick figure that some people on this board seem to think he his. as far as arm strength goes watch HIS TAPE and tell me he doesnt have a strong arm forget about how much he weighs the kid has a cannon of an arm.

Perry weighs 185 right now should be around 193 hopefully when the season rolls around which is on the smaller side but not the weak stick figure that some people on this board seem to think he his. as far as arm strength goes watch HIS TAPE and tell me he doesnt have a strong arm forget about how much he weighs the kid has a cannon of an arm.

He's throwing verticals the whole tape. That doesn't show us anything. You wanna see if your QB can DRIVE THE FOOTBALL into tight windows and make difficult throws. Deep outs, far hitches, etc. Anybody can lob deep balls.

Not saying he can't do it but you guys are crowning this kid already based on abdominal muscles and vertical throws to relatively wide open WR's.

Nothing on his tape suggest he has "a cannon for an arm". Through 3+ minutes of his senior highlights he hasn't driven the ball once. Partly because he hasn't had to. Throwing the ball 40 yards in the air on an arc doesn't mean he has superior arm strength. He has adequate arm strength which is fine. It'll probably get better with added strength.

Advertisement

Any chance you can give me powerball numbers...

Nkosi da gaw and we need the off season excitement his arrival brings. Until Fall camp starts, Nkosi da fuggin man.

Da Coach Macho right about QB needing some lead in da pencil. May need Golden's ice cream truck back.

He's throwing verticals the whole tape. That doesn't show us anything. You wanna see if your QB can DRIVE THE FOOTBALL into tight windows and make difficult throws. Deep outs, far hitches, etc. Anybody can lob deep balls.

Not saying he can't do it but you guys are crowning this kid already based on abdominal muscles and vertical throws to relatively wide open WR's.

He throws nothing but verts in his highlights?

STFU until you actually watch his film.

And I mean other than just the first 5 min. Good God.

This post proves Coach Macho is not James Coley.

Advertisement
Back