Perry in the Lab WORKING

Was that ball on thrown on a line or did it have arc to it? His highlights don't have throws that test the arm of a QB. Saying he has a cannon is an overstatement if you're going off his highlights. His arm is fine but it doesn't look like a plus arm.

Richt has seen him live and said he has a strong arm. Perry said he can throw the ball 60+ yards. You cant lob the ball that far down the field.

So he has D1 arm? Is that what you're saying. That doesn't mean he has a plus arm. Matt Stafford has a strong arm. Pat Mahomes has a strong arm. Nothing on Perry's tape says he has a plus arm. The guy doesn't have to drive the ball once in those clips. No tight windows. No far hash comebacks. It isn't an insult to suggest he might not be the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game. His arm is more than fine. Calling it a cannon is hyperbole.

So richt doesnt know what a strong arm is? He was just imagining **** when he seen perry? Here is video of him not just "lobbing" deep balls.
[video=youtube_share;LtWv62qQAeg]https://youtu.be/LtWv62qQAeg[/video]

Watch him "lob" a dime downfield to juedy.
[video=youtube_share;E0GhB3DizBc]https://youtu.be/E0GhB3DizBc[/video]

I never used the word "lob" and that clip from Paradise Camp isn't evidence of driving a football down the field. If Perry couldn't make that throw he probably shouldn't be on the roster.

The first video shows him driving the ball through a tight window at the :27 mark.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude arm is strong. There is video of him throwing a deep ball to juedy for about 50 yards with ease at paradise camp and it wasnt no lob. On top of that richt has talked about him having a strong arm.

Was that ball on thrown on a line or did it have arc to it? His highlights don't have throws that test the arm of a QB. Saying he has a cannon is an overstatement if you're going off his highlights. His arm is fine but it doesn't look like a plus arm.

Richt has seen him live and said he has a strong arm. Perry said he can throw the ball 60+ yards. You cant lob the ball that far down the field.

So he has D1 arm? Is that what you're saying. That doesn't mean he has a plus arm. Matt Stafford has a strong arm. Pat Mahomes has a strong arm. Nothing on Perry's tape says he has a plus arm. The guy doesn't have to drive the ball once in those clips. No tight windows. No far hash comebacks. It isn't an insult to suggest he might not be the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game. His arm is more than fine. Calling it a cannon is hyperbole.

So richt doesnt know what a strong arm is? He was just imagining **** when he seen perry? Here is video of him not just "lobbing" deep balls.

Love the way he moves his feet and buys himself time in/out of pocket.

I never used the word "lob" and that clip from Paradise Camp isn't evidence of driving a football down the field. If Perry couldn't make that throw he probably shouldn't be on the roster.

The first video shows him driving the ball through a tight window at the :27 mark.

The pass he throws at :27 gets intercepted in a college game. Tight windows close a lot more quickly in the college game as opposed to high school.

Perry weighs 185 right now should be around 193 hopefully when the season rolls around which is on the smaller side but not the weak stick figure that some people on this board seem to think he his. as far as arm strength goes watch HIS TAPE and tell me he doesnt have a strong arm forget about how much he weighs the kid has a cannon of an arm.

He's throwing verticals the whole tape. That doesn't show us anything. You wanna see if your QB can DRIVE THE FOOTBALL into tight windows and make difficult throws. Deep outs, far hitches, etc. Anybody can lob deep balls.

Not saying he can't do it but you guys are crowning this kid already based on abdominal muscles and vertical throws to relatively wide open WR's.

throw a tight seam route? they respect you.

throw a tight deep out? they FEAR you!

Perry weighs 185 right now should be around 193 hopefully when the season rolls around which is on the smaller side but not the weak stick figure that some people on this board seem to think he his. as far as arm strength goes watch HIS TAPE and tell me he doesnt have a strong arm forget about how much he weighs the kid has a cannon of an arm.

He's throwing verticals the whole tape. That doesn't show us anything. You wanna see if your QB can DRIVE THE FOOTBALL into tight
windows and make difficult throws. Deep outs, far hitches, etc. Anybody can lob deep balls.

Not saying he can't do it but you guys are crowning this kid already based on abdominal muscles and vertical throws to relatively wide open WR's.

throw a tight seam route? they respect you.

throw a tight deep out? they FEAR you!

I can understand both your concerns and understand macho has a great deal of head coaching experience but I stand by my claim that arm strength is not gonna be an issue for perry especially given the emphasis richt places on footwork and mechanics I see perry throwing in rhythm with good mechanics and making every throw on field

Advertisement
DAXZp7BXYAQQa4Y.jpg

This is exactly the kind of **** we would make fun of Warchant for caring about. And I'll be goddamned if CIS isn't doing it, too.

He's throwing verticals the whole tape. That doesn't show us anything. You wanna see if your QB can DRIVE THE FOOTBALL into tight windows and make difficult throws. Deep outs, far hitches, etc. Anybody can lob deep balls.

He throws nothing but verts in his highlights?

STFU until you actually watch his film.

And I mean other than just the first 5 min. Good God.

Why do you betas get so emotional?

"STFU"

Why is that necessary? Pull your Victoria Secrets out of your gaping **** and learn how to have a discussion like a man. Some of you soft MF's get so bent out of shape when you disagree with somebody's post. Grow a pair.

[video=youtube_share;M3tCogsBHKY]https://youtu.be/M3tCogsBHKY[/video]

That first tape/video is very good. Definitely some strong throws in there. I'm actually impressed with how quickly he gets the ball out of his hands. He knows where to go with it.

Advertisement
This is exactly the kind of **** we would make fun of Warchant for caring about. And I'll be goddamned if CIS isn't doing it, too.

Why? Because he's been in the lab with a pen and a pad trying to get this **** label off?

[TWEET]868486391491067906[/TWEET]

Does anyone actually know how he's doing. When will we hear about practices? Thanks

Advertisement
Now THAT'S how you throw a football

Actually, that exercise is exactly the type of anterior chain, core building movement that will translate when throwing the ball.

Core is everything. At my advanced age I do core work (but mild stuff, not like N'kosi's) to stabilize degenerative back, etc. Core should get part of everyone's exercise program throughout life.

Actually, that exercise is exactly the type of anterior chain, core building movement that will translate when throwing the ball.

Core is everything. At my advanced age I do core work (but mild stuff, not like N'kosi's) to stabilize degenerative back, etc. Core should get part of everyone's exercise program throughout life.

Didn't mean to downvote mane

******* iPad

That first tape/video is very good. Definitely some strong throws in there. I'm actually impressed with how quickly he gets the ball out of his hands. He knows where to go with it.

I love how he turns over that right shoulder and stays on top of his throws. Kid is special. I hope he learns to slide but i'm not gonna second guess his genius. If you give him the offensive skill-talent we have and decent o-line play it's gonna make for a fun season.

2 things he does that will automatically improve our offense are get rid of the ball and pocket awareness/escapability.

Advertisement

Didn't mean to downvote mane

****ing iPad

Funny that somebody else objected to what I said. Am I wrong about core? If he knows more about physical conditioning, he should speak up with specifics and correct my errors.

u saw the light congats mach

[TWEET]868486391491067906[/TWEET]

Does anyone actually know how he's doing. When will we hear about practices? Thanks

Probably in August, once practice starts.

They started having unofficial team activities this week, which is why everyone was so pumped when Perry and a big chunk of the 2017 class showed up for summer session 1 this past Saturday-to-Monday. According to Rosier in a Herald interview on Wednesday, Perry was supposed to start throwing today (Saturday). Below is an excerpt from that interview. Full link here:

Incoming Miami Hurricanes quarterbacks mentored by veterans | Miami Herald

-------
Rosier said that he and sophomore quarterback Evan Shirreffs were assigned to be mentors to Perry and freshman Cade Weldon by head coach Mark Richt and quarterbacks coach Jon Richt. Rosier was paired with Weldon and Shirreffs with Perry.

The freshman quarterbacks had not participated in any passing drills as of Wednesday.

“We haven’t seen (Perry) throw yet because they were just medically cleared,” Rosier said. “We threw Monday, and we’ll throw on Saturday and see what he has...My mindset now is to lead on the field and in the film room.”

Advertisement
Back