Penn State Hires Stubblefield

Not all that weird, old buddy. We fired him and let him save face by working channels to let him hook on somewhere. He just happened to have some friends/connections at Ped State.
Gotcha. I honestly haven’t been able to follow a **** thing with this circus of stupidity.

Appreciate the big assist.

Advertisement
Congratulations to coach stubblefield, we know what happened, the players didnt like you and coach diaz doesnt want anybody on staff that the players dont like, lol. He keeps putting that over teaching ability, that's not a 1st time headcoaching mistake, that cowatry!

What exactly did Stubblefield teach the receivers, besides how to catch a football (which is something I could teach)? Dugans was a non-coach so that made Stubblefield an upgrade, but did the receiver room actually develop this year? I saw a lot of bad routes, bad releases, bad contested catch attempts and blown assignments. You have to connect with players to teach them...

Advertisement
What we need to do is go find out who is the current Willie Taggart or T Martin on the trail at a school like New Mexico State or something. Who is the guy everybody is talking about as having an electric personality and is getting kids to take an interest at these sh*tty schools more than they ever did before? Go hire the next Billy Napier to be our WR Coach, while you can.

We need to stop trying to live in the past, and be proactive in getting the up and comers that are making a name for themselves on the trail.

That's not how its being reported. Seems like pedo state actually targeted him and him accepting.
Unles you know some indide information.
These “reporters” aren’t Woodward or Bernstein. They’re lazy bloggers who see something and repeat it. Then they all repeat the same thing.

The dude was fired just like Barry. Barry didn’t have any friends or connections at Ped State to make it look like he opted for a lateral move, so he just quietly left with no official announcement.

As a position coach I don't think he's as bad as some of yall make him out to be. James Franklin can get alot of other coaches at Penn St but chose him so that's saying something.

But on the contrary, I don't think he was the best fit at Miami. **** idk if Telly can coach WRs but he sure can learn this offseason

Advertisement
These “reporters” are Woodward or Bernstein. They’re lazy bloggers who see something and repeat it. Then they all repeat the same thing.

The dude was fired just like Barry. Barry didn’t have any friends or connections at Ped State to make it look like he opted for a lateral move, so he just quietly left with no official announcement.

Its possible. It doesn't really matter either way (fired or left) its a real opportunity to upgrade.....now can actually take advantage and make a good hire remains to be seen.

As a position coach I don't think he's as bad as some of yall make him out to be. James Franklin can get alot of other coaches at Penn St but chose him so that's saying something.

But on the contrary, I don't think he was the best fit at Miami. **** idk if Telly can coach WRs but he sure can learn this offseason

I’ve used the analogy before, but a coaching staff is like a baseball team: defensive fielding has to come from some positions, and hitting has to come from some positions. Do you absolutely need your SS to be a great defender? No. Ideally he would be, but he doesn’t have to be. But if your SS doesn’t have much glove, you have to make up for that lack of defense somewhere else. You can’t then also sacrifice the glove at 2B and 3B.

I’m not sure if Stubbs is this elite technician as everybody says he is, I haven’t seen any evidence of it. But as *this staff* was constructed, we really needed the WR Coach to be an Ace Recruiter. We didn’t have one where you could say, “That’s the dude that is going to be at a lot of meeting with offensive recruits.” And Stubbs wasn’t it.

Franklin and his staff probably don’t need an Ace recruiter. But us moving on from him is the best thing that could happen in terms of the makeup balance of this staff.

Advertisement
Congratulations to coach stubblefield, we know what happened, the players didnt like you and coach diaz doesnt want anybody on staff that the players dont like, lol. He keeps putting that over teaching ability, that's not a 1st time headcoaching mistake, that cowatry!
So who are you a bagman for again?

This is an interesting situation. He wasn't wanted in Miami. Wasn't fired. Made a move to a better team/program. You would think if the stories about his lack of coaching ability are true then he couldn't have made the move.

Bring me Telly Lockett
Wait you want a coach who doesn't coach the position and has been an on field coach for all of three years? And you think Stubblefield sucked

Advertisement
I’ve used the analogy before, but a coaching staff is like a baseball team: defensive fielding has to come from some positions, and hitting has to come from some positions. Do you absolutely need your SS to be a great defender? No. Ideally he would be, but he doesn’t have to be. But if your SS doesn’t have much glove, you have to make up for that lack of defense somewhere else. You can’t then also sacrifice the glove at 2B and 3B.

I’m not sure if Stubbs is this elite technician as everybody says he is, I haven’t seen any evidence of it. But as *this staff* was constructed, we really needed the WR Coach to be an Ace Recruiter. We didn’t have one where you could say, “That’s the dude that is going to be at a lot of meeting with offensive recruits.” And Stubbs wasn’t it.

Franklin and his staff probably don’t need an Ace recruiter. But us moving on from him is the best thing that could happen in terms of the makeup balance of this staff.
I agree with that. You pretty much said what I was saying in different words. They already have a Seider on Offense and Spence on D

Classy, penn state usually hits on their receiver coaches, Josh Gaddis recently comes to mind. I didnt mind Stubbs but it’s not a loss either. Best for both parties going foward but he’s having a **** of an Ascension going from Akron to Miami/pennstate within a year pretty much

Thanking Enos is the tell.

Advertisement
Back