Penn State Hires Stubblefield

Advertisement
Not all that weird, old buddy. We fired him and let him save face by working channels to let him hook on somewhere. He just happened to have some friends/connections at Ped State.

Yeap, as I speculated in another thread, I suspect it was the Ron Vanderlinden connection via Maryland (Franklin) and AirForce (Stubbs)....it is often who one knows. Stubbs also played at Purdue where several of Tiller's assistants still work to this day, including Jim Chaney.

Just saw his typed note that he is gone. Classy post by him. Time to find an elite recruiter. We don’t need a former high school coach from Miami, former player or any of that crap. Get a legit recruiter who can coach please
Classy, no ill will towards the man. Let's go find someone who can recruit and develop.

Screenshot_20200119-151717_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Can our next WR also recruit cb's. Don't come at me with Dunson rumph licking himself into left overs

What exactly did Stubblefield teach the receivers, besides how to catch a football (which is something I could teach)? Dugans was a non-coach so that made Stubblefield an upgrade, but did the receiver room actually develop this year? I saw a lot of bad routes, bad releases, bad contested catch attempts and blown assignments. You have to connect with players to teach them...

What you saw was a receivers, o-line coach and skills players being bottled up by enos already's inept playcalling. The same guys that werent getting separation under coach dugans werent consistently getting them with stubblefield, but harley had his best year and osborn did well, those receivers were being forced to learn what it takes to be a well rounded receiver, do you think the offense looked the way it looked in 2018 because of coach richt , lol, the same crybabies were back this year and ended up being ranked worst offensively. I can tell you right now, stubbs wasnt the problem, it just came down to coach diaz an his personality fit mantra.

The only connection a good coach needs is for what he's teaching them to start proven it's self in games, he doesnt have to be liked, but he'll be respected and listened to, but respected long term because the reflective guys will understand later, he was one of the best things tbat happened to them football wise. That goes for alot of the Great to good coaches.

Advertisement
I think most of yall assume what I tell yall is from my nephew... Its an amusing out look. But until recently him and i speak about everything except Miami fooseball. One thing i certainly dont need is any one telling me what i dontbalready know straight from that person's mouth.
Foosball... good one! 😂

Advertisement

Zero ill will towards the man. He was a badass in college, and for any deficiencies he has, if he only left his position group with a slice of his work ethic, he's done a lot more for them than a pile of his predecessors. Hopefully Diaz realizes now that overachievers who are light on experience can be part of your staff, but not the whole thing. For the type of players available in our backyard these next few seasons, it's critical we get someone with a track record of development.

whether it is the new WR coach, or the new DC, this staff needs a serious boost in recruiting juice and just overall P5 coaching experience

Enough with the projects and hiring your butt buddies

Advertisement
No question. But, and it's a big but, he's the only guy of the past 3 who has actually done something about his mistakes instead of sticking his head in the sand.
he. Still. Hasn’t. Hired. A. Recruiting. Stud

Advertisement
Back